<redacted>

"
tsftd wrote:
this is even worse for build diversity, and more OP. people would focus on stacking a ton of one minion type (mostly spectres or mont zombies). keep in mind that one thing that balances summoners is the dearth of sockets they have. if you run even just zombies and spectres at a minimum, they use very different support gems so you wind up with one on 6 links and tge other on 4. this would let them just run all of one type on a 6l.

making minions reserve mana would severely cripple summoners -- they almost universally heavily rely on auras.

also, i have no idea why "lord of the dead" would only affect animals. are spectres, zombies, and skeletons not dead?

Next time read properly, because I said the individual limits would still be there, just a little more lax.

This change I suggest only makes sense if more minions with different power levels are added, in order to avoid making the passive tree a clusterfuck.

And I didn't discuss mana reservation deeply:
1 - I didn't suggest any values, but the mana reservation would be very small.
2 - It doesn't take much creativity to make one of the minion Keystones cause mana reserved by minions to do something like reduce the mana reservation of the most expensive Aura you have, effectively giving you 1 free Aura.
3 - minions could be tuned in "Minion Power" cost in order to make sure that X skeletons are roughly as good as Y zombies, in turn roughly as good as Z spectres.
4 - By making summons slightly gimp your ability to do non-summoner stuff, summons could be made slightly stronger.

A lot of stuff can be tuned.
We're discussing how to properly introduce more minion types without screwing the Skill Tree and you're nitpicking at irrelevant stuff.
Forum Warrior - Why are you creating a thread about this subject? Use Search!
Also Forum Warrior - Nice necro.
Last edited by Nurvus on Apr 20, 2015, 11:33:23 AM
<redacted>
Personal Item Filter(s):
https://www.pathofexile.com/item-filter/Rxpet8
Last edited by Censurri on Apr 13, 2021, 11:26:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info