0.9.11g Patch Notes

"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
does this mean there is a roll first to check if a drop is going to be a unique, before going through list of items that will drop in the given map?

The way I imagine it, is the other way around - I think it rolls the item, and based on that roll it lowers the chance to get a unique with the next, rarity-defining roll.
From my understanding, each drop that has rarity starts off normal. A roll is then made to try to upgrade it to magic. If that succeeds, another roll is made to try to upgrade it to rare.

In older versions, unique drops would only occur if the proper base item dropped and was upgraded through this system. It would have to succeed in 3 rarity upgrade rolls, each having lower chances to succeed than the previous.

Assuming this is correct and I'm not imagining things, it would imply that unique drops are determined before anything else since they don't care about base item types. I would assume that the very initial roll would determine the number of items dropped. Next would be a series of rolls to see if any of the drops will be unique, then the specific unique(s) would be rolled. Then, all the other drops' base types and rarities would be rolled.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Last edited by WhiteBoy on Aug 9, 2012, 2:50:45 AM
"
Covert wrote:
Anyone in HC find my unique "Matua Tupuna" i'll happily trade for it.

I love the Maori names on unique items! I'm studying at Maori paper here in New Zealand and it's definitely a culture to be proud of.

I Hope GGG can add some more Maori aspects into the game!
"
Jonathan wrote:
Phase run on a totem crashed. We could have fixed that, but honestly, it was completely useless for a totem to use it so we just turned it off.

The totem has zero run speed so increasing it wasn't really doing a lot. It also has no other attacks when using phase run, so it's not like it got the damage bonus either.

The 1st time combo phase run with totem, i was like
"great i can get run aura"

Then i goes
"oh wait, phase run isnt an aura!"

Actually, i was hoping that it could turn into an active aura. Meaning, adding the aura effect to it (minus the attack bonus), and still work as it is when it runs out time or an attack is executed.

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
"
muccmaster wrote:
When are we going to get a fix for the crashing after 30+ minutes of gameplay?

Check your CPU and GPU temp.

Its could be one of those, hitting the high-end.

use fps_limiter to control the max fps, thus lowering the gpu temp.

hope this helps.

post your problem in the forum, the community here are willing to help out everytime.

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
"
Chris wrote:
Version 0.9.11g
  • Stratified the drop rates of Unique items so that some of them are more common (especially build-enabling ones), and powerful ones are still extremely rare.

I'm not feeling this change.
Last edited by Rowsol on Aug 9, 2012, 3:15:37 PM
you guy reset my hope of uniques.. in D3...

"ohhh a rare/unique... nah.. don´t pick up always have stupids stats... blue are better"
Wise words buff -> balance <- nerf , need to happen , deal with it
Last edited by PabloCappone on Aug 9, 2012, 11:08:30 AM
"
Timbob wrote:
"
Covert wrote:
Anyone in HC find my unique "Matua Tupuna" i'll happily trade for it.

I love the Maori names on unique items! I'm studying at Maori paper here in New Zealand and it's definitely a culture to be proud of.

Agreed, I found the Maori culture extremely interesting in the limited time I have spent in New Zealand.

Great patch as always GGG! All of these were necessary changes I believe, and while we could always use more, small steps in a positive direction are always better than the one step forward, two steps back that some game developers seem to subscribe to *cough*.
"
ZasZ314 wrote:

Agreed, I found the Maori culture extremely interesting in the limited time I have spent in New Zealand.

share that with you I have a maori tatto.. and rocks... like the rock XD
Wise words buff -> balance <- nerf , need to happen , deal with it
Did this patch impact the Unique variables with Orbs of Chance? I need to know if I should reset the log to maintain accuracy or not.

Actually, that brings up an interesting question...because it sounds like certain uniques are more rare than others, that probably applies to Orbs of Chance as well. If this is the case, the current log is fairly useless as it stands, because people are rolling for all sorts of uniques, but they all have different probabilities. Or did I misunderstand something along the way?
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Last edited by MonopolyLegend on Aug 9, 2012, 3:08:07 PM
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
From my understanding, each drop that has rarity starts off normal. A roll is then made to try to upgrade it to magic. If that succeeds, another roll is made to try to upgrade it to rare.

In older versions, unique drops would only occur if the proper base item dropped and was upgraded through this system. It would have to succeed in 3 rarity upgrade rolls, each having lower chances to succeed than the previous.

Assuming this is correct and I'm not imagining things, it would imply that unique drops are determined before anything else since they don't care about base item types. I would assume that the very initial roll would determine the number of items dropped. Next would be a series of rolls to see if any of the drops will be unique, then the specific unique(s) would be rolled. Then, all the other drops' base types and rarities would be rolled.
yeah thats what i was trying to RE-confirm. thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info