At lvl 50, is it possible to find upgrades?

for those that played D3, you all know that itemization is one of the main problems with that game. It is easy to find rares, but 99.9% of them are unusable. In the end each class ends up having mostly the exact same gear gotten from the auction house. Is this game any better when it comes to finding upgrades or we forced to use the trade channel?
Possible to find? Yes
Likely to find? No

As you guessed, the quickest is trading. If you grind enough, you can find upgrades (though my first witch didn't find a better wand for 20-25 levels... :( ) Or you can RNG craft your gear, if you have enough orbs, but most of the community will say it's insane. Through trading you can get closely what you want for much less orbs than crafting...
So, how much would a decent lvl 50 2H axe cost?
Also, why make a game where you can't find upgrades on your own, makes no sense at all. At least D3 had the auction house, so you didn't have to sit in trade chat forever looking for what you want. Well, I was hoping this game was different, but guess not.
"
Also, why make a game where you can't find upgrades on your own, makes no sense at all. At least D3 had the auction house, so you didn't have to sit in trade chat forever looking for what you want. Well, I was hoping this game was different, but guess not.

The sites listed above perform the same method of trade, there are also trade forums. You can continue to find upgrades throughout the game, it just tends to get harder as you go along due to RNG. Considering that the whole game is based on RNG, that might be a problem for you.
decency pretty much depends on your build. the sites Museifu mentioned are indexing the trading forum here. You should look around there...

price goes up with the number of linked sockets...
as I've seen in the forums the price can be anywhere from 1 chaos to much exalteds...

... and there is always the possibility of farming.
"
So, how much would a decent lvl 50 2H axe cost?

What do you call "decent" ? Strong enough to level ? 1 chaos. Strong enough to be at the same level that any given random player from any random group ? Few exalts.

You aren't forced to use the trade channel, I bought my first items on m first char when I was level 70+, and from A3 Cruel to A3 Merciless, I mostly played solo, only joined random groups for the bosses.

Here are a few hints :
-If your DPS/survivability is way too low (i.e you can't farm an area a few levels lower than you are), the trade channel is your only decent option.
-Join groups during your progression, even if a good drop is for a groupmate, you can often buy it for a really fair price without spending hours checking the trade channel.
-Don't overlevel too much. At level 50, I'm usualy in A1 Merciless or facing Piety. I always kill her sub 54.
-Loot the 4L whites boots/gloves/helmets and 30% rings, upgrade the 4L to 20% quality and use alchemies. You'll get upgrades if your gear was bad.
-Save your currencies. You can try to link a good rare if you are sure to not find upgrades soon, but don't throw too much fusings.
Same here, in onslaught, around lvl50 it's very unlikely you'll find upgrades without farming 24/7. The only option I had available to continue without spending gazillions of chaos i don't have was to team up with 5 other friends with different build and share all loot. Overall we get upgrades faster together than individually
don't use the trade channel in-game, 99.9999% of those are just trying to rip people off

go to poexplorer.com (which indexes the forums aka a pseudo-AH) search for the gear you want, look at the shop, whisper the player who is selling it, and buy it at a resonable price.

almost nothing below lvl 60 costs more than 1-2 chaos except uniques. hell, i can't even GIVE away some of the lvl 50-60 gear i have...

also, don't waste your money on trades unless you need them to progress in the game. once you get to A3 merciless then you can start spending big with all the currencies you've saved up from lvl 1-65

IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
Last edited by demivion on Jun 27, 2013, 2:14:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info