- Helmets have been updated with new names and art. There are no longer any repeats of helmet art in the progression. Note: Existing helmets have had their name and art updated, but higher tier ones (that previously had repeated art) will show new art from the lower tier. This will be fixed in a future patch. To fix your helmet manually, put it on the cursor and type /fixmyhelmet
- Support for the upcoming Descent race league has been added.
- Stats refactor - The way in which damage is calculated has been changed, to make future expansion easier. Most of this is internal and won't affect gameplay. The following effects will be seen in game:
- Melee skills with Damage Effectiveness have been changed to having a "Deals % of Base Damage" stat.
- Spells with Damage Effectiveness no longer have their own damage affected by Damage Effectiveness. Damage values on these skills have been updated to reflect this.
- Physical damage on items is now scaled by physical damage bonuses (in a similar way to how elemental damage worked before).
- Diamond Utility Flasks have returned! They make your Critical Strike Chance "Lucky" for 3.5 seconds (that is, your Critical Strike Chance is rolled twice, with the best result taken).
- Added five new Unique items, three of which were designed by our Diamond supporters. One of them is a Unique flask. The fifth unique is the new race reward item, Demigod's Stride.
- Added alternate art items for Season 3 race rewards.
- Added four new cosmetic microtransactions effects: Raise Mummy Skin for the Raise Zombie skill gem, Necrotic Footprints, Vampiric Footprints and Lightning Footprints.
- Added 3D art for the Zahndethus' Cassock, Heartbreaker, Nycta's Lantern and The Supreme Truth unique items.
- New audio has been added for currency item drop sounds and various impact sounds, including Energy Shield impacts.
- A visual effect now plays when a Unique item drops.
- Continued to incrementally improve the sound, art, effects and environments.
- Increased Flask drop rate slightly.
- Torr Olgosso's damage, survivability and AI has been reworked to make him a more challenging Rogue Exile.
- The Melee Splash support gem now works with Shield Charge.
- Shield charge can now be evaded.
- Rebalanced the damage Infernal Blow deals when exploding a monster. It was affected by the Stats refactor and now needs to be calculated differently. It should still be the same overall damage as before.
- Fixed a bug where Knockback could force a monster into an inaccessible area.
- Fixed a bug where Melee Splash did not always apply to all monsters in the radius.
- Vendors now assess stacks of currency items correctly and offer full price based on their contents.
- Selling items with 80+ total quality now correctly separates two 40 quality sets if possible.
- Fixed a recent bug where Raised Zombies had 75% resistance to all elements.
- Fixed a bug where hidden monsters showed buff effects
- Fixed an issue where the Divine Weapon Effect on claws looked like the Regal Weapon Effect.
- Minions of player minions no longer count towards monster count and no longer receive the monster buff for multiple players in the instance.
- Fixed a bug where Energy Shield regeneration through Zealot's Oath worked in Maps that restricted life regeneration.
- Fixed a bug where the Energy Shield recharge timer would still pass even when the ring that suppresses it was equipped.
- Fixed several crashes.
- Fixed a case where a kill from a totem or minion might not be assigned correctly.
- Fixed a bug where monsters killed by converted monsters would not grant experience.
- Fixed a minor bug with extra gore where critical strikes were not causing extra gibs.
- Fixed several issues related to skills greying out at the wrong times.
- Footprints will no longer make sounds when you're not walking around.
- Fixed a bug where footprints left decals on the ground in town areas.
We added this patch note line after this was originally posted:
- A visual effect now plays when a Unique item drops.
This patch will hopefully be deployed tomorrow (Wednesday, NZ time). Thanks again for your feedback and generous support
Last edited by Chris on Jun 25, 2013, 5:40:25 PM
on Jun 25, 2013, 1:04:28 AM
Grinding Gear Games
But... are stash tab bundles going on sale soon? :(
e: also should we ask Mark if we want more details about the stats refactor? There's probably some super-niche stuff that would be useful to know.
Last edited by Dreggon on Jun 25, 2013, 1:06:11 AM
on Jun 25, 2013, 1:05:08 AM
Finally, I can run my nuking Shield Charge build. :D
I'm guessing we're gonna need accuracy/RT for Shield Charge now? Or does the 'can now be evaded' part only for mobs' shield charges?
Last edited by Obscurin on Jun 25, 2013, 1:13:11 AM
on Jun 25, 2013, 1:12:55 AM
Awesome, Shield Charge Melee Splash Incoming !
on Jun 25, 2013, 1:20:27 AM
on Jun 25, 2013, 1:20:32 AM
and thats funny about Torr Olgosso's, dude is haunting me, I killed him 11 times today :/
I need more adversity!!
MonstaMunch: "You're just jelly because you can't afford to mirror my rod. It's 100% reel."
GooberM: "How does that not warrant a good ol' stabby-stabby?"
Last edited by didevol on Jun 25, 2013, 1:25:23 AM
on Jun 25, 2013, 1:22:31 AM
Haha! Can't wait for this! Nice one GGG.
on Jun 25, 2013, 1:27:20 AM
"Fixed a bug where hidden monsters showed buff effects"
Awesome patch! Can't wait for Descent, and thanks for simplifying spell damage readouts.
Edit: OH YEA thanks for Shield Charge + Melee Splash! Tried that on my duelist a while ago, thought it would be awesome if only it worked....now it will!
Last edited by Psyborg on Jun 25, 2013, 1:28:53 AM
on Jun 25, 2013, 1:28:10 AM
I think my Facebreaker build just became retardedly OP.
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite
http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
Last edited by TheuberClips on Jun 25, 2013, 1:40:25 AM
on Jun 25, 2013, 1:40:12 AM
Awesome. I presume diamond flasks will have 70 charges then? Also good to know that people won't unknowingly sell a stack of scours ending up with the gem decreasing in only one level.
Fixed a recent bug where Raised Zombies had 75% resistance to all elements.
Ouch, I have no idea what they'll be like after. What resists do they generally have, say at level 20? Are they negatively affected by the cruel and merc penalties?
Fixed a bug where Energy Shield regeneration through Zealot's Oath worked in Maps that restricted life regeneration.
PocketMonsters, ElectronicArts, CommandAndConquer, CaptainFairgraves, AgentTanya, OcarinaOfTime
on Jun 25, 2013, 1:43:47 AM