PoE Helper (unofficial chrome extension to help with crafting/inventory)

Just a note: this is the new and acknowledged thread for the chrome extension. Thanks to njs50 for all their hard work.

I for one hope that GGG fully understand just how much money they stand to make by making rare-name matching in the stash part of the in-game experience somehow.
Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Predecessor, Warhammer 40k Inquisitor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Deep Rock Galactic/Remnant 2 (MP w mates);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word and winamp ~_^
"
Charan wrote:
I for one hope that GGG fully understand just how much money they stand to make by making rare-name matching in the stash part of the in-game experience somehow.

And how much money I'd make if I didn't spend so much time pissing around with this thing :p

I suspect being able to trade items is probably higher priority than getting the crafting working nicely. I'd be happy if they opened up a function to move an item from one place in the stash to another. i could have all sorts of fun with that. Then they could just fork the project, stick it on their website and it wouldn't even need to be a plugin anymore :p

Chrome plugin for inventory/crafting: http://njs50.github.com/poe_ext/
"
njs50 wrote:
"
DeathTouch wrote:
Just installed the helper (0.58) and it just hangs on "Loading..." forever. Is there something I can/should do to fix this?

Make sure you are logged into the PoE site. Make sure the inventory thing on the bottom of the PoE site is working for you. Make sure your chrome is up to date (version 21+).

Failing those, ctrl-shift-j and have a look in the console for any error messages and post em here.

I am logged into the PoE site and logged into PoE. The inventory thing on the bottom of the PoE site is working just fine. Chrome is up to date and there are no errors in the console.
IGN: DrunkBarbarian / SupernalScion
Last edited by DeathTouch on Aug 6, 2012, 2:54:27 PM
Nice work ^^ many thanks for that.

Just an idea to (maybe) improve the Crafting menu popup :

Could you add to the left of items menu (Chos Orb, Gemcutter's prism, Glass.. etc) the number (x) of 100% recipes ?
So at first view we could know without opening all lines ^^

something like :

(1) Chaos Orb
(0) Gemcutter's Prism
(3) Glassblower's Bauble
(3) Orb of Augmentation

Don't know what others think about this. I'm fine with this extension at the moment.

Thanks again for doing a great job.
"
DeathTouch wrote:

I am looged into the PoE site and logged into PoE. The inventory thing on the bottom of the PoE site is working just fine. Chrome is up to date and there are no errors in the console.

Someone once suggested there might be an issue if you only have one character and that making a second fixed it for them. Others have said they had issues the first time they installed it and restarting their computer fixed it. I haven't been able to replicate either issue.

Nothing in the console is very odd. It sounds like something is not responding, like the request to open the local db or one of the requests to the site.

You could try uninstalling it and reinstalling which might fix your local db if there is something odd with it.

Failing that I'll add some status messages to the start up next time I do a build so we can at least see what it's waiting for.
Chrome plugin for inventory/crafting: http://njs50.github.com/poe_ext/
I can't for the life of me get this to work. I just get the drop down message "extensions, apps, and user scripts can only be added from the Chrome Web Store" and I can't find any further instructions related to that.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Finest Hardcore Gaming Guild ~Soldiers of the Wasteland~ sotwguild.com
Restarting my computer seemed to do the trick. Thanks so much. The PoE helper is so freaking awesome! :-)
IGN: DrunkBarbarian / SupernalScion
"
I can't for the life of me get this to work. I just get the drop down message "extensions, apps, and user scripts can only be added from the Chrome Web Store" and I can't find any further instructions related to that.

This is one of those new "helpful" things that chrome added to make your browser safer for you. It wont auto-install the plugin.

Find out where it downloaded the file. you then have to manually drag that file into the Chrome Extensions window ( chrome://chrome/extensions/ ) and it will ask if you want to install it.
Is this still being worked on? I wonder because after refreshing, it doesn't list any of my items that will trade in for the Chromatic Orbs. I have 4 of them in my inventory.

Also, unless I am using this wrong, there are very few recipes to select that are known. Example above, for example.
"
Vondum wrote:
"

This is one of those new "helpful" things that chrome added to make your browser safer for you. It wont auto-install the plugin.

Find out where it downloaded the file. you then have to manually drag that file into the Chrome Extensions window ( chrome://chrome/extensions/ ) and it will ask if you want to install it.

Ahh, perfect thank you! I wasn't getting the right place to do the drag and drop.
Finest Hardcore Gaming Guild ~Soldiers of the Wasteland~ sotwguild.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info