0.11.0e Patch Notes

Just like to say i appreciate what you guys are doing and no maintenance how awesome haha.
IGN:AmberKB
really good job on the trade block
This was really needed
Awesome work GGG.

Keep maintaining the integrity of this great game and filter out the cheats.
IGN - Hamusuta

"
dr3af wrote:
Don't start whining again guys. This will not affect any user that is currently playing. If you have at least one character with 25 level+ then there is no problem for you, for any league and any character.
RMT sites make new accounts for each trade so they are less likely to get caught. This WILL slow them down. And maybe GGG got a way to track them down easier with this way.
Seeing a "new player" leveling a character to 25 with account A, then getting 10 exalts from account B and after that give them to account C is not normal. Something is wrong in most cases.

But it will affect new players, esp groups of new players. "Hey Im out of wisdom scrolls" "thats cool i have 10 Ill give you a few" "oh wait..."

I know it sounds really insiginificant, but it could turn people away. People, even the most hc of hc gamers, lose interest in a game theyve played for a long time. PoE needs a steady influx of new players.

Edit: my bad, missed a sentence in there about wis/ports, GGG always thinks of the little things! But I do still feel like there might be other occasions where this would punish new legit players.
Last edited by Psyborg on Jun 14, 2013, 2:49:19 AM
"
Psyborg wrote:

But it will affect new players, esp groups of new players. "Hey Im out of wisdom scrolls" "thats cool i have 10 Ill give you a few" "oh wait..."

Wisdom scrolls can be traded.

"
Psyborg wrote:
"
dr3af wrote:
Don't start whining again guys. This will not affect any user that is currently playing. If you have at least one character with 25 level+ then there is no problem for you, for any league and any character.
RMT sites make new accounts for each trade so they are less likely to get caught. This WILL slow them down. And maybe GGG got a way to track them down easier with this way.
Seeing a "new player" leveling a character to 25 with account A, then getting 10 exalts from account B and after that give them to account C is not normal. Something is wrong in most cases.

I know it sounds really insiginificant, but it could turn people away. People, even the most hc of hc gamers, lose interest in a game theyve played for a long time. PoE needs a steady influx of new players.

Read the 1st post again. This doesn't apply to wisdom scrolls and portal scrolls.

“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
Another example of being completely out of touch. This change isn't going to remotely "destroy RMT sites". In fact, its not even going to slow them down. It will have zero impact.

This is a classic example of a developer making a change that only negatively effects the normal playerbase, and nothing else. The fact that you even have the idea of "destroying RMT sites" is disappointing.

It will have impact, that is obvious, but sure, saying it will kill RMT like some player did is stupid. Anyway, when the dev said "on their mission to destroy" they never stated that this new measure will be enough to prevent RMT, it's just one more action that is being taken against them and more will follow until they finally (hopefully) destroy them.

I can't really think in many scenarios where legit players would be affected by this new rule because there's not much reason to trade when you are a low level player on a race or new league and you can easily use your main char to use orbs to craft gear and them transfer the items to a new char you just made.
Last edited by Synchrotron on Jun 14, 2013, 2:50:41 AM
"
"
Chris wrote:
We're sorry for any inconvenience that the new trading restrictions cause, but they will have a dramatic impact on our mission to destroy RMT sites. It's not so much about forcing them to manually level up thousands of accounts to level 25 (though I'm sure that's going to be fun for them), but about slowing down how quickly they can move items between new accounts.

Note that existing accounts are unaffected. If you made a mule account, then it's still able to trade. If you want to make mule accounts in the future, you're welcome to, but should consider either levelling them up to 25 or just storing large items on them (not currency).

Edit: Because this keeps coming up, I should clarify that the same restriction applies to drop trading. The item becomes permanently allocated to you.

Another example of being completely out of touch. This change isn't going to remotely "destroy RMT sites". In fact, its not even going to slow them down. It will have zero impact.

This is a classic example of a developer making a change that only negatively effects the normal playerbase, and nothing else. The fact that you even have the idea of "destroying RMT sites" is disappointing.

I rarely get angry reading feedback, but your post achieved it. These changes will have the effects that we want because we are doing an awful lot of other stuff to go with it. You may claim it's impossible to destroy RMT, but we see clear improvements with each change we make. It will not be worth their time to bother with our game. We are not going to give up this fight.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Qarl wrote:
"
Psyborg wrote:

Wisdom scrolls can be traded.

Trololol rly, i diddnt thought that you will block trading Scrolls but it's good that you post that. Do it as an extra post for all other player who got this wrong.

This restart was maximum fast, i go back to work and stream it ^^ thx for this little patch.
Never surrender, never give up.

http://www.twitch.tv/Venduhl
The 25 thing is even good for legit new accounts.

For a new player, getting twinked by your buddy ruins the fun of finding item on your own.

Edit: Actually they can still drop items for you, this doesn't change anything then.
Last edited by Novalisk on Jun 14, 2013, 2:48:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info