Open Beta Supporter Packs

"
Chameleon wrote:
Chris will the new Custom Avatars be distinguishable from the Close Beta ones?

I'm sure I read somewhere that they would be.

Most likely a different frame.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
"
You may be able upgrade from $30 of points to a $30 pack by sacrificing 100 points (to make them equivalent). We're still working out the logistics of complex upgrades like this.

He has probably meant (not sure though) that his 30$ worth of points are already spent on tabs & effects & pets. And you mean, that in order to be officially recognized as a your supporter, he needs to spend another 30$ and while doing that lose 100 points (10$)? Did I understand you correctly, Chris?

I was suggesting he can probably do it without paying any extra. It'd be exactly the same as if he saved up the money and purchased it today, except he got the points earlier. We're not 100% able to commit to this plan yet but we're trying to get it in.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Jun 7, 2013, 6:03:45 AM
"
Bhaya wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
I was suggesting he can probably do it without paying any extra. It'd be exactly the same as if he saved up the money and purchased it today, except he got the points earlier. We're not 100% able to commit to this plan yet but we're trying to get it in.

Please bear with me, Chris, as I am still confused and would like you to make it completely clear to me.

Example:

I have spent 50$ on tabs and effects last months. Will I be able to get Regal SP for free, or I have to spend another 50$.

Thank you for your patience, Chris.

Basically what I'm wanting is as follows (and this isn't guaranteed yet):

A few weeks ago, you spent $50 to buy a 500 point pack. You have say 200 points left.
You want to instead have purchased a $50 regal pack, which would come with 350 points.
Because you have 400 spare, we can just deduct 150 points from your total, which leaves you with 50. That's exactly the same as if you had purchased a regal pack.

"
sYkoDe4d wrote:
when you design a new monster could you even design a new spell/attack for them?

Yes, they have to do something interesting of course :)

"
knac84 wrote:
Hi there,

Probably has been answered already but, are the packs 'upgradable' like in CB? Would like to buy one of the high packs but I'm too financially constrained right now to be able to justify a big expense, however I may be able in a couple months (hopefully before OB ends).

Yes, we're working on the details of that. Should be early next week.
"
Do you have any info on the Chaos Orb keychain? How large is it? And is it roughly spherical or does it have a flat back?

It has a flat back. I'm not entirely sure on the size yet - we're trying to make sure it's big enough to see the details well and small enough to actually be usable! Have a look at other keychains on jinx.com for an idea of the style (its metal is coloured like a Chaos Orb I believe).

"
Moonlight33 wrote:
What I missed, when I saw the new supporter packs:

There is no more chance for the old 50$ packs where you got only points and nothing else.

Dear GGG your new supporter packs are very nice, but I am ways too old for the physical stuff and to say the truth, not interested in t-shirts and so on...I would never hang a PoE map at my walls and won´t show myself in public with a PoE t-shirt. Sorry,please don´t take this as offensive, I really like the game you gave us, but I am elder person with different mentality about fanstuff :))

Still I would like to donate to the game and my first choice was the 50$ pack when you got sth. like 516 points plus the 10§ pack, because these two together make nearly correctly 50€ paysafecard.

To take the 20$ pack is somehow dissatisfying, because laborious if you want to buy sth. like 60$. Plus more expensive than before.

Do we get the former possibilities back or is it gone forever?

Just contact support@grindinggear.com if you'd like to buy points at the old rate!

"
Bhaya wrote:

We are getting closer, Chris. Almost there... ;) Does that mean, that if I spent 50$ but I have zero points left on my account, you will still give me the content of a Regal Pack meaning effect, pet, title but without any points? If that is the case, then I will finally shut up and feel happy instead. :)

If you have no points on the account, then you'd need to buy enough points to be subtracted so that it's all equivalent. We're still working this system out to be fair!

---

Sleeping now! See you at the new leagues tomorrow. I'll be starting with Anarchy to kill the rogue exiles then heading over to Onslaught.
Awesome. Cannot wait for the leagues that start tomorrow.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info