How are the rules of the points distribution?

Hello,

Beforehand: My Englisch is Bad, sorry for that :(

So i dont understand the Pointsystem of the Races.

I make the "1 Hour Famine Solo".

I had Two level 8 Marauders and One level 5 Marauder. I geht 4 Points at the End.

So my Question is: How have the points come together?

Level 8-10: 3 Reward Points
Level 5-7: 1 Reward Point

#11-20 player of each class: 1 Reward Point - thats cant be. I was not Top 20 Class.

(http://poestatistics.com/events/1-hour-famine-solo-s02e244/marauder/2.html -- was 28 Skydrees)

So how it works exactly?

I hear only the highest Class get Points? Cant be right then?
Last edited by Skydras on Jun 10, 2013, 5:29:18 AM
/push
I agree with this poster.

Some of us aren't able to hit the top 10 on any of these races but it's nice to know we can level multiples up to the lower point bracket.

I've never read in any of the race forum posts that people are only allowed to earn points on a single character created per race.

It's strange because there have been races where I was rewarded for having multiple characters at the 3 point mark, while in other races I had multiple characters at the 3 point level but did not receive the points?

What gives GGG?
"
boboglum wrote:
I agree with this poster.

Some of us aren't able to hit the top 10 on any of these races but it's nice to know we can level multiples up to the lower point bracket.

I've never read in any of the race forum posts that people are only allowed to earn points on a single character created per race.

It's strange because there have been races where I was rewarded for having multiple characters at the 3 point mark, while in other races I had multiple characters at the 3 point level but did not receive the points?

What gives GGG?

/sign

and

/push for Answer
I've never been able to make heads or tails of it. I've observed similar things happening to me and not been able to get the points to add up no matter what assumptions I make about being able to score multiple times.

For example, in a 1h LACTIF race:

Level 4 ranger, 15th in class
Level 4 Witch, 21st in class
Level 2 Duelist, 21st in class
Level 3 shadow, 9th in class

The cutoffs are 2-3 for 1 point, 4 for 3 points. I got 8 points and I have no idea how or why.
/push
Assuming that you did not get any "first" clear / complete quest reward points:

"
UmaroVI wrote:

Level 4 ranger, 15th in class <-- 3 points for level 4, 1 point for 15th in class
Level 4 Witch, 21st in class <-- No points
Level 2 Duelist, 21st in class <-- 1 point for level 2
Level 3 shadow, 9th in class <-- 1 point for level 3, 2 points for 9th in class

That is my guess. I have seen people ask similar questions and this seems to match all the examples I have seen. The way (I think) it works.

- You can get points for each level but only once for each (so your witch did not get any).
- You can get points for each class but only once for each class (you did not have two of the same class so no problem).

How it should work in my opinion:
- Aside from "first" rewards, you can only get points for one character; whichever earned the most from class rank + level bracket (would here be your witch = 4 points).
Last edited by Hassefar60 on Jun 10, 2013, 9:51:53 AM
"
Hassefar60 wrote:

"
UmaroVI wrote:

Level 4 ranger, 15th in class <-- 3 points for level 4, 1 point for 15th in class

That is my guess. I have seen people ask similar questions and this seems to match all the examples I have seen. The way (I think) it works.

- You can get points for each level bracket but only once for each (so your witch did not get any).
- You can get points for each class but only once for each class (you did not have two of the same class so no problem).

- Aside from "first" rewards, you can only get points for one character; whichever earned the most from class rank + level bracket (would here be your witch = 4 points).

What you suggested doesn't match up with what you said, because you have both the Duelist and Shadow getting the points for the 2-3 bracket, but you don't have both the Ranger and Witch getting points for the 4 bracket.
"
UmaroVI wrote:
Spoiler
"
Hassefar60 wrote:

"
UmaroVI wrote:

- You can get points for each level bracket but only once for each (so your witch did not get any).

What you suggested doesn't match up with what you said, because you have both the Duelist and Shadow getting the points for the 2-3 bracket, but you don't have both the Ranger and Witch getting points for the 4 bracket.

That was a mistake. I meant for each level, not each level bracket. I edited my original post to correct this. Still, it is only my guess :).
Last edited by Hassefar60 on Jun 10, 2013, 9:52:39 AM
Okay, I see what you are saying. So if the 5-point bracket is 20-23, you can get 20 points for having a 20,21,22, and 23, but not 20 points for having 4 23s.

That's...special.

I'll keep an eye on it in future races and see if it actually works like that. It's an interesting theory.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info