2-week hardcore race epitaph thread

Derelicte, the shadow caster, has fallen on this, the 25th July at approximately 4 pm EST. He was only 23 young levels, and died to a rare archer, who crit him with a fire arrow and depleted his entire energy shield and most of his health, and caused him to burn to death, even through his life flask.
i too fas fo youuuuuuu
FalseReality, a lvl 24 Acrobatic PhyBow Shadow, met his untimely end from a barrage of projectiles sent his way by a band of Vaal Constructs in Vaal Ruins lvl 2. It appears that FalseReality's mind was playing tricks on him and made him believe that his enemies were in places where they were not, a serious mental disorder called 'desync'.
"
FaceLicker wrote:
'desync'.

Dude vertigo is a serious problem. Usually they won't let people in the military that have a history of ear infections. How'd you get in?

I feel you pain tho, I died to the timewarp :(
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
RIP Rabbin, lvl 37 crit-bow-shadow, last seen in the crossroads.

I'd just started the game and forgot to pre-summon, pre-totem, pre-everything pretty much. Came across a rare monkey daddy and summoned some skellies, and the consequential two second loading delay accounted for me. At least I can't blame my 250ms net delay this time. :-\
RIP monstelist: lvl 30 rapier and shield duelist.

He spent 20 minutes helplessly running in circles around the normal vaal overseer. He then got bored and wanted to deal some damage which resulted in him being insta-smashed by the overseer's melee attack. :)

Lesson learned: get a ranged attack next time around.

Now, off I go to roll another character of the same type.
TheAlcoholic died last night (lvl40). Maybe it was because of the Beer i had. I managed to run into blue lightning mages just before act2 boss on cruel without the resists.
RIP
they who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety
OldBowString Died to Cruel OverSoul's lightning beam. One Shot Dead Dead Dead!

Was Level 40 with 1013HP but sadly only had 20 Light resist.

Morel of the story is take your time to check that your gear is good and ready before you take OverSoul on.

I wish I had had more time to practise with the new patch before this race. Yea - you can hear it too - I'm cranky and tired - lololololol

Spoiler

Level 40 Passive tree
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
I'm BACK :)
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
BetterCallSaul died to a group of charging skeletal rhoas in the dry peninsula map ( +vulnerability, +movement/attack/cast speed ). Better luck next time!
And as it is such so also as such is it unto you
Last edited by IMDisappoint on Jul 28, 2012, 3:54:25 AM
"
IMDisappoint wrote:
BetterCallSaul died to a group of charging skeletal rhoas in the dry peninsula map ( +vulnerability, +movement/attack/cast speed ). Better luck next time!

Ah bad luck, what level?
"
skunk27 wrote:
"
IMDisappoint wrote:

Ah bad luck, what level?

67, I think. 2.3k HP, 1.9k shield. I was watching Kripp's stream at the time as well...probably not the best idea, but really awesome watching him learn the game as Chris answered questions from chat and talked about the game and its development.
And as it is such so also as such is it unto you

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info