Enfeeble on Reflect Monsters

bump
You can evade the reflected damage, however the damage that is reflected will not be reduced.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/439684/filter-account-type/staff last post

edit: this also means that elemental spell damage isnt reduced, however with Phase Acro you can still dodge it. (source: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Version_0.11.2)

If it doesn't touch the client then we can't ban for it. -Chris
Last edited by RicochetSaw on Feb 18, 2014, 5:58:22 PM
"
Crevox wrote:
Does enfeebling a monster that has a reflect aura (or the recipients of said aura) reduce the amount of damage reflected?
No. If you hit something, and the hit is reflected back to you, then it's that hit being reflected back, with your accuracy. The monster's accuracy plays no part.
Holy crap, this entire time i thought enfeeble reduced reflected damage. another mitigation mechanic down the drain.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Crevox wrote:
Does enfeebling a monster that has a reflect aura (or the recipients of said aura) reduce the amount of damage reflected?
No. If you hit something, and the hit is reflected back to you, then it's that hit being reflected back, with your accuracy. The monster's accuracy plays no part.

I assume that hitting with lioneye's bow or RT keystone won't allow you to evade monster reflect right?
♠RaGoN♦
Correct, which is exactly why reflect with lioneyes can be very dangerous.
Ok, if the damage reduction on enfeeble doesn't work then why is it that on maps with "monsters deal X% extra damage as X element", you take that much more reflect damage from X element?

For instance, I do purely fire damage and stack max fire resist (purity/RotP/adaptation/ruby flask) to avoid killing myself. This generally works fine except on the aforementioned ele damage% maps, where you will take all of the original fire reflect, and an additional X from say lightning, in which case you're likely to one shot yourself as it circumvents your precautions.

I am 100% positive this at least used to happen, as I recently came back from a long break before 1.0.

The point is that this conflicts with the thinking that reflect damage is 'purely' reflect and separate from the monster's damage, negating enfeeble. If it turns out that's just 'how it is' because of the map mod, then IMO it really shouldn't cut both ways. Reflect is obnoxious enough as it is. If it can be effected by monster or map mods, Enfeeble should reduce the damage, if not, then it needs to be a completely separate mechanic.
True PoE endgame: PoB & memes.
Point of reflect is keeping players in check that go overboard with dps and to prevent people from getting bored because they can kill everything in 1 hit without fear they could die.
YOUR damage output need to be reduced so that reflect hurt you less, so enfeeble need to be on you, not the enemy. You reflect your attacks after all...so it use your damage output, accuracy, crit dmg your armor and your evasion, etc so maps with physical reflect + enfeeble are much easier than maps with reflect + vulnerability. Same goes with elemental reflect + -max resist or elemental weakness, those will increase reflected dmg on you.
Tech guy
"
Warrax wrote:
YOUR damage output need to be reduced so that reflect hurt you less, so enfeeble need to be on you, not the enemy. You reflect your attacks after all...so it use your damage output, accuracy, crit dmg your armor and your evasion, etc so maps with physical reflect + enfeeble are much easier than maps with reflect + vulnerability. Same goes with elemental reflect + -max resist or elemental weakness, those will increase reflected dmg on you.

Finally someone who gets it. People that 1 shot themselves with reflect should reduce their damage since no one needs over 30k+ dps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info