Item Allocation Specifics

"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
nynyny wrote:
A leecher invests 0 and gets 0-1 out of running a map

maybe/(probably true in public groups), but - these are NOT the only type of playing together...

and in general, we assume you're right, then the solution is so easy: give these damn useless/replacable leechers a map and let them invest in their own map instead of ninjaing whats "yours"...

nyny's points may have some validity in the veryl late endgame where players invest several chaos or exalted into maps and run them in random groups because they're not very social, the majority of players just invests a transmutation and a augmentation orb into his low level map.
so if you have to grind 2 hours to be able to craft a good map afterwards it has a different value and your point of view is surely different if people only leech and leave afterwards.

he probably never had a map group which shared maps, sooner or later (or never if his elitist attitude doesn't change) he will discover that the path of success in late game is in a sharing community.
i'm myself only have one m2m group, in all other groups maps found go to random players. because the one who picks them up has to craft them and we usually run them afterwards it's not really an advantage for the guy. it's more of a service he does to the group. but as i said this is only for maps <= 69
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Great news, but I'm surprised people now believe it is more casual to do FFA with people who actually want to do FFA instead of leeching from the sharing players.
Perm is the only way to go
Crafting doesn't exist in POE. Gambling does...and the house always wins.

Velocireptile - I LOL'ed. Which made me fart. I wish the office were empty right now :(

Hardlicker - I had to push the dog out of the way so I could get to the sexy quilt.
"
"
Inexium wrote:
Dear Chris. WHERE IS MY DAILY ANNOUCEMENT ?!! : D

It's Saturday. Wait for Monday.

Yup! Can't wait ^_^
Anarchy/Onslaught T-Shirt Owner.
Trading Guide : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/519890
Killing Vaal merc with (600 life) : http://is.gd/qsgV9P [Open Beta]
Let's be Crazy: http://is.gd/TxxLsS / Old Suggestion: http://is.gd/Jd09W0
<< God blesses those who bless themselves >>
Last edited by Inexium on May 25, 2013, 12:14:10 PM
It's a great change.

I do though request that 6-sockets will be part of the allocated item-list. 1 jeweller's orb is allocated, why is a stack of 7 not?
IGN: Caydranth
I'd like to say that I really like the new system setup, but I do have one concern.

On permanent allocation mode, if a players inventory is full and that persons wishes for other people to pickup an item allocated to them in order to keep the run going is there any way for the system to notice this without having to wait an allotted 5 minute wait timer to pickup an item.

This concerns me very much as it will slow down mapping dramatically for persons whom get very lucky with many allocated drops they wish to pickup. Not only would it drastically slow down that group of players it could potentially result in wasted map portals or even loot being left behind.

I understand the remarks that will follow- Play FFA mode or Temp allocation. I get it, however I don't foresee myself or my group wanting to do such so that is irrelevant to my concern.

If this is a design choice or limitation of the system being announced, so be it. However I will be saddened if it comes to fruition without consideration of the above concerns.

Thanks.
IGN = TheCIA
"
TheCIA wrote:
I'd like to say that I really like the new system setup, but I do have one concern.

On permanent allocation mode, if a players inventory is full and that persons wishes for other people to pickup an item allocated to them in order to keep the run going is there any way for the system to notice this without having to wait an allotted 5 minute wait timer to pickup an item.

Shows how Pro You are. If your inventory is full Get rid of the crap. 95% of all the gold gear is crap. if you cant manage your inventory GTFO, If you want others to have it pick the dammed gear up because you have cleared the inventory and drop the shit and STFU.

Since you already mention and are aware of Temp Allocation , Shows how much you Think before you write/speak.

You want to act like a hero and give away/Not pick up the crap stuff when on P.A GTFO Scrubo who cares about crap stuff. You would not even be thinking about it if an exalt/mirror/6L drops.

Crap gears are crap no matter for whom it is.
Domine Non Es Dignus
MOST AMAZING NEWS SO FAR, FINALY !! :))
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCohOcaCm7l6ex2to0QZ5Cgg

Twitch: https://go.twitch.tv/wheeze_dk
this is lame.... wheres the option for like...

who opens a chest, gets the contents of a chest?

i HATE!!!! when im playing with random people.. and ill go out of the way to pick open a chest, and it drops like, a chaos ... it drops it for someone like 3 screens away.. and they come pick it up... wtf!!!

there is noooo way they wouldve ever even tried to open that chest, they wouldve never taken the time to go out of the way to open it ... but i did...

but then they still get the drop .... makes NOOO sense!!!

i was hoping loot options wouldve addressed this....

... it actually makes this worse... cause now sometimes i could open a chest and Never have the option of picking up the item.... id have to wait 5 minutes...

this is LAME!!!

hmm... i guess FFA loot would fix this... but, anyway.. i was expecting loot options to be more in-depth... like chest allocation, allocated to killer, allocated to most damage dealer, allocate orbs to people that are poorer... etc... not just ... FFA-normal-allocated... seems too basic...

Last edited by CaoMengde on May 25, 2013, 2:15:57 PM
"
CaoMengde wrote:
this is lame.... wheres the option for like...

who opens a chest, gets the contents of a chest?

i HATE!!!! when im playing with random people.. and ill go out of the way to pick open a chest, and it drops like, a chaos ... it drops it for someone like 3 screens away.. and they come pick it up... wtf!!!

there is noooo way they wouldve ever even tried to open that chest, they wouldve never taken the time to go out of the way to open it ... but i did...

but then they still get the drop .... makes NOOO sense!!!

i was hoping loot options wouldve addressed this....

... it actually makes this worse... cause now sometimes i could open a chest and Never have the option of picking up the item.... id have to wait 5 minutes...

this is LAME!!!

hmm... i guess FFA loot would fix this... but, anyway.. i was expecting loot options to be more in-depth... like chest allocation, allocated to killer, etc... not just ... FFA-normal-allocated... seems too basic...

Are you the guy that runs way ahead of the group and only opens chests while others kill monsters in the party, taking advantage of increased quantity from groups, yet contributing nothing?

Instead of making it easier on people who exhibit this behavior, I propose GGG implements Mimic chests that one-shot players who are not within a certain radius of other players. Now that would be FUN!!!!

RIP Level 91 HC Character - Cause of Death: Greed
IGN: BigFerrousMetal
Last edited by Directrix on May 25, 2013, 2:22:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info