The "Race 4h Aug20" league has been created!

The league 4 hour ladder race as discussed in this thread has been created.

You can check the ladder with a count down timer here

To compete, create a character in the "Race 4h Aug20" league.

You may join game, but you can not move until the league begins.

The game version will be 0.9.1 and will contain all balance changes made in this version. The league will not be hardcore. Normal game rules will apply. NEW CHARACTERS MUST BE CREATED IN THIS LEAGUE TO BE ELIGIBLE. After the end of the league, they'll be moved back into the normal Default league. STASHED ITEMS IN THIS LEAGUE WILL BE LOST.

Our decision on the winners is final. Bugs and mistakes will get in the way for many players and this is why we are running an event like this. If you lose your ability to participate due to a bug, please tell us about it and we'll do our best to fix it. We can't change the outcome of the event due to this.

Prizes for the top ten people will be beta keys that you can give to anyone you like. We'll give 10 keys to first place, 9 to second, and so on. If you don't have friends to invite, we recommend you distribute them to people on the main forum who are waiting patiently!
Path of Exile II - Game Director
Last edited by Jonathan on Aug 21, 2011, 6:30:04 PM
The goal of this event is to have fun, help stress test the servers, and to find balance problems.

I do suspect the winner(s) will use abusive behaviour to win, and that everyone else will be upset. That's the purpose of this event though - to find problems so that we can fix them.

If the top 10 places are all Witches, then we know that changes to inter-class balance are required.

It'll be a great learning experience for everyone. Just please don't complain that the winner was playing unfairly!

As Jonathan jokes "the goal here is to find out how the winner plays, and then nerf it into the ground".
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:
The goal of this event is to have fun, help stress test the servers, and to find balance problems.

I do suspect the winner(s) will use abusive behaviour to win, and that everyone else will be upset. That's the purpose of this event though - to find problems so that we can fix them.

If the top 10 places are all Witches, then we know that changes to inter-class balance are required.

It'll be a great learning experience for everyone. Just please don't complain that the winner was playing unfairly!

As Jonathan jokes "the goal here is to find out how the winner plays, and then nerf it into the ground".

implying witch is OP are we? hmmm??
2 beta keys left!
I DONT USE IRC, if someone by my name offers you keys its a impostor.(I only post here and in-game as Manoka and ManokaHC)
sending me a PM about beta keys will NOT get you a beta key.
You know posting your not-so-secret intentions lowers the probability of these people using exploitative tactics exponentially :P
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
I haven't seen any REAL abusive way to xp yet, so we'll see :)
stream is down www.livestream.com/poe4hrevent

SOMEONE needed bandwith.
Last edited by boneyard on Aug 19, 2011, 9:46:42 PM
Stream is up!

http://www.twitch.tv/kaotus

I'm using his bandwith.
Need Help with something? Message me ingame!
We are also going to be giving a beta key to the top player of each character class.
Path of Exile II - Game Director
JACE will win something, I'm calling it here.
Need Help with something? Message me ingame!
Also keep in mind that only relative values of xping matter, not how many of one class are on the top lists...

It's very possible that people are biased towards playing a type of class, or that they are the most fleshed out class so far.

Also I'm at work, but if I wasn't I'd stomp you all ;)
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info