detonate dead, what support gems should I use?

detonate dead, what support gems should I use?
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Added Fire
Conc Effect
Area of Effect+
Faster Cast
Reduced Mana
GGG gives me Diablo 2 Teleport? I give them 50 bucks. No questions asked.
Currently the physical damage of detonate dead isnt very good, so added fire damage wont do much. The mana cost also sky rockets, so it's best to just leave detonate dead at level 1.

Increased area of effect is a good one to use, but I wouldnt recommend concentrated effects because you dont get to choose the positioning of the spell, and you want as much wiggle room as possible.

Fire penetration would be another one for obvious reasons.

Spell totem is great because the corpses will explode as you kill them without you having to worry about it. Remote mine is another good one because it increases the damage significantly, and if you clear a pack of mobs and a rare mob is still left standing, all you have to do is lay 5 mines and detonate them all for massive damage.

Another possibility is added cold damage and added lightning damage, since leaving the skill at level 1 will make the mana cost multiplier totally insignificant.
IGN: Iolar
We'll probably need more information about your build.

I'd use it in a crit build. Leaving DD at level 1, I'd socket it with Increased Critical Strikes, Fire Penetration, and Elemental Proliferation. Increased Critical Damage and Burning Damage or Increased Area of Effect for 5/6. Use Ice Spear + Power Charge on Critical to kill the first monster and build some power charges. Decoy totem would probably be important for rounding up monsters, particularly faster ones.

Build
Last edited by StarlightGamer on May 15, 2013, 4:31:17 PM
concentrated effect
increased area of effect
chance to ignite
fire penetration

added fire dmg is completely out of it,cause of low physical dmg
gem should be kept at lvl 1

This skill sucks anyway,better don't count on it.Use it to punish retarded laggy summoners in ur team.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on May 15, 2013, 4:41:23 PM
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
"
torturo wrote:
concentrated effect
increased area of effect
chance to ignite
fire penetration

added fire dmg is completely out of it,cause of low physical dmg
gem should be kept at lvl 1

This skill sucks anyway,better don't count on it.Use it to punish retarded laggy summoners in ur team.

Do you know how burn works?
lets say you get 300% spell power (Pretty high end)
the base 18% becomes 52%.
lets say it crits with 400% multiplier. That's now 208%
The average mob with 6 people would have 20k-30k life.
when you pop that, you're doing 60k fire damage in 1 shot with 0 supports.
With conc, it goes up to 101k. If you had a shavs and rf/pa that goes up to 294k damage.

that's at least 100k aoe dps burn with prolif.
Bump that number up 5x-6x for rares.
Do you do 100k dps?
IGN: TsuruyaNyro
i use spell totem atm i recommend IIR and IIQ
Oh,better go 1200% spell dmg+3300 multiplier,why not,sounds realistic.I bet imaginary dmg you count will be much higher.

Retards exist,really.
P.S.
I just checked my shadow,it's 182% spell,312% multiplier and it does SHIT with detonate.I would ask you to explain why,but I won't,because i am tired of noobs.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on May 15, 2013, 6:38:51 PM
detonate dead is a really under-used skill. I did a DD totem back when I first started playing w/ chance to ignite and it was glorious but stopped using it because I had to waste a 4L on it, but it was powerful.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info