walk through it" because that is the most game mechanic automation
you have proposed.

I personally feel that the other macros you list are not
against the spirit of competition. but the portal macro
which is capable of causeing you to mvoe through it? thats
an automation of gameplay. if the gameplay is nessicery to do
manually to survive then its a cheat.

however, hypothetically causing the spacebar when out of chat
to logout or alt f4 seems totally fine to me.

My personal disclosure: I use an mx420 mouse with programmable buttons
and I use them very very effectively to cast skills. it is possible
to program key press combos into them, though I have no interest
at present. (such as alt f4, one of my mouse buttons could close the
game)

macros are not immoral, automation however is. so what is automation?
did you automate the alt-f4 process? what does that mean? I dont know
why that is different than a process whereby a single click causes a portal
to open, and for the player to walk through it. That does not seem fair
but I cant explain why :/

I think because it short circuits the act of manually aiming the mouse
cursor on the portal and clicking it when it is there and not before.

I would say automation to the level of controling or manipulating the
mouse cursor is unfair, but merely combining commands into simple macros
is not unfair.

**** other topic:

Automation is detectable as a pattern of consistent cause and effect.
the game client could be made to record activities and flag for the
same event occouring identically numerous times. and for instant
reactions and beyond human timing. flawless targeting etc.
So, I think the one that would be the most likely to get you caught (and in trouble) would be the “Small custom Mouse macros” section. As nice as it is to have a “cast all auras” button, it’s a slippery slope from that to “cast all auras and then run forward and cast a spell” and not too far from “cast all auras, run through Twilight Strand and kill Hillock”. I can see GGG taking a zero tolerance policy with this. Almost all games do.

I doubt they have the technology in place yet to catch you, but I expect that they will soon. My (limited) understanding is that finding patterns in a character’s behavior is one of the easiest things for their anti-cheating programs to detect. If someone performs the same 15 actions in the exact same order, with the exact same amount of time between actions (down to the millisecond) – it’s a safe bet that it’s not a human at the wheel.

Edit:
Agree with the poster above me. Your TP script falls into this category as well.

Edit2:
To be clear, I personally don't mind what you're doing. Most of the features you've created for yourself are things that GGG really should have put in the game (auras are a great example). I've given serious consideration to implementing some of them myself. My comments above are just in relation to your questions regarding the likelihood of banning.
New Year's Resolutions:
- Chicken Nuggets
- No More Bullshit
Last edited by Firecrest5 on May 13, 2013, 11:36:29 AM
"
Firecrest5 wrote:
So, I think the one that would be the most likely to get you caught (and in trouble) would be the “Small custom Mouse macros” section. As nice as it is to have a “cast all auras” button, it’s a slippery slope from that to “cast all auras and then run forward and cast a spell” and not too far from “cast all auras, run through Twilight Strand and kill Hillock”. I can see GGG taking a zero tolerance policy with this. Almost all games do.

yea this part too.
Thanks to everyone taking my post seriously and answering my questions.
I was prepeared for worse reactions.

Just in case someone wants to have a look at it, here is the script:

Source (AutoIt3): http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?cfy8ajvb1vbdeoo

Precompiled (ziped .exe file): http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?u5kde53akhdhapf
(avast and probably some others may report it as a virus feel free to compile it yourself if you don't trust me)

If you spend a lot of time playing this game, and you just want to get rid of some little annoyances, try it.
I'll leave it at what it is and probably up to people who find bugs to fix them on their own :)
I hope nobody feels too offended by me posting this.
Last edited by DoNotBanMePlz on May 13, 2013, 4:43:48 PM
yes DL this and use it give to all ur Friends that use POE... (really???)
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
Last edited by leighferon on May 13, 2013, 2:25:55 PM
I asked a member of GGG the same question regarding macros and got this as a response:

"
Hi Kibblre,

Sorry for the delayed reply. We're not currently banning for the use of macros, so long as they are manually used and not automated (as this qualifies as "botting"). We will look into whether certain functionality offered by the most frequently used macros should be added to the core game as convenience and quality-of-life features.

Cheers,
Samantha

As long as YOU are pressing the button to start the macro, you should be good.
"
Kibblre wrote:
I asked a member of GGG the same question regarding macros and got this as a response:

"
Hi Kibblre,

Sorry for the delayed reply. We're not currently banning for the use of macros, so long as they are manually used and not automated (as this qualifies as "botting"). We will look into whether certain functionality offered by the most frequently used macros should be added to the core game as convenience and quality-of-life features.

Cheers,
Samantha

As long as YOU are pressing the button to start the macro, you should be good.

A in game feature to select the auras you want to use and put them on would be nice in truth, it pain trying to do it manually each time before entering portal at times people actually forget and can die. Also I don't see why we cant have a auto-logout at low health, the thing that is causing people most mental stress is dying and the 10% punishment of experience loss, this is psychologically damaging to a player as it takes away all progression and leads to frustration and disliking the game, even some would quit, it tilts people and should not been part of the game to begin with, elitists ruin it for the 90% by wanting things in games that frustrate people they find enjoyment in it because they are sadist deep down and like idea they can have things others cant, hence pride and greed.
I mean the easiest answer is 1 keystroke = 1 action. Using this they cannot ban you.

Logout macros work because they do it either by spamming it twice to open up esc and hit logout, or send out a command to shut down the game.

"

Clock & Timer in top right corner.

I mean if it's outside the game then it's literally just a clock and timer.
"

Open a portal and walk though it

Opening a portal and controlling your character to walk through it is 2 actions. If the macro also open your inventory and the portal scroll that might be dicey.

"
Quickly log out

Depends on the method as stated above
"

Quickly send /oos
Show Itemlevel (just sends /itemlevel in chat)
Link an item to your party

All one action
"

Minimize PoE

One action
"

Small custom Mouse macros
(Record and Playback Mouse clicks, usefull for activating many auras or switching skill gems)

If it's doing multiple things then no, considering you are playing back multiple mouseclicks :V
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Dec 30, 2017, 12:39:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info