Molten shell 1,5mill dps unequipped

HI there, and welcome to my molten shell shock nova totem build, 1,5mill dps unequipped :)

The idea behind the build, was that once I realized how much burning damage stacks, I wanted the highest possible base fire damage, while being able to wear searing touch(which in this case at lvl 22 is 3396 fire dmg, comparred to a fireball etc. with 500ish). After that I made my passive tree, to involve alot of ES, while still having both crit chances and multipliers and fire damage, which you can see below:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBAcFWwx9DkgPxBB7EH8RLxGWEmkVUBXXFkAXHBpsHRQfAiepJ-0pTysKLL8tHzbFNtg62Dt8O-FDY0bXRwZMs03YUDBWY1j1WfNapl3GXfJfamNDZk9mnm0ZcFJw1XFNcXl_xoFJgpuFfYauiBuIQohri4yMdo5kj0aYrZmams-do52uncSio6cIpyusqrI4tMW1BLb3tvq3MbiTuMq-OsAawFHBAMHFwfPC7MNtxp7Xhtgk2xrbXtzH4XPi9-OE5CLrY-wY7DjsVe0g74XxbPId8uHz3fVL96b8qw==

My build primarily resolves around a 6link searing touch, in order to achieve the lvl 22 molten shell. Linked with molten i have Increased burning damage, increase crit damage (20%), elemenetal proliferation (20% if possible) and Concentrated Effects (20%). The last gem I have yet to figure out, since I haven't tried the build out myself, but the obvious choice would be life leech, and if not needed perhaps fire penetration or increased area of effect.

My passive tree takes CI, because Shavronnes is damn expensive, but it would be ideal to have a Shavronnes 6 linked(an es 6link also works) with Shock nova (20%), Faster casting(20%), added lightning damage (20%), power charge on critical strike(20%), Increased area of effect and Spell totem.

The idea behind the shock novas is that with so much chance to shock (30%) + my crit chance which is 50ish, u should be able to shockstack all the targets very fast, plus the nova would apply EE onto the creeps for extra fire damage. It would also provide with all the power charges on crit, which with a 5% base crit, gives you 350%*1,3 = 465% chance to crit, on top of the passive tree.

You would have to run with the unique ring that makes you able to cast a second curse, and then use both Flammability and Elemental Weakness for a bonus of 49%+59% = 109%.
So this was the skills and the unique items required.
I will now show below how this build reaches 1,5mill dps:

damage 3396
fire dmg 175% =2,75 9339
minus resist 158%=2,59 24188,01
shock stack =2,2 53213,622
Crit multiplier = 350%=4,5 239461,299
burn dmg 4/3=1,3 319273,75
burn dmg / sec 79818,43749
increased burn damage 230%=3,3 263400,8437
minus resist 159%=2,59 682208,1852
shock stack =2,2 1500858,007

As you can see i reach 1,5mill dps without having more than 3 items equipped. I did not calculate for shavronnes spell damage, but seeing as it is not needed for this build, I decided not to.

You might think that Elemental reflect burns me alive, but I actually figured that out aswell (though it requires yet another unique). Basically you have 85% fire resist, add a Ruby Flask, and then you swap weapons to get one of the 2 max fire resist shields, which both puts you over 100%. With other fire skills this won't be viable, or at least very hard to control, molten shell can simply be applied out of combat, and then swapped to shield before you run in, as it does not disappear once it's allready cast. So basically Reflect mobs and hardcore should not be a problem.(I think the bonus dmg from searing touch removes once you swap, but it doesnt matter that much anyways).

The last aspect I have yet to talk about is the crit chance, since this build almost only ignites when you crit. Molten touch has a base of 5% crit, add my passive chance from tree (300ish) and you get 20% crit. Now add power charges and you achieve +22,5% crit( I am not calculating the base crit once again, since i allready used it in the +300% that goes to 20%)., which puts you up to a total of 42,5% crit chance. This might be a little low for a build that resolves around only critical strike, but it should easily be upgraded to +55% once items is applied.

For a last note I really think this build would be fun to play, since it offers a little different playstyle, yet having insane amounts of damage. And can you imagine this build with full equipped items? :)

Anyways feel free to tell me if my calculations is wrong, I tried calculating this build over and over, but i might have mistaken some of the mechanics in this game.
Feel free to either post here or PM me for questions and response

ps: i also made a summonerbuild with 280k dps burn dmg everytime a zombie dies, pm if you want it.
Last edited by Lamaen on May 9, 2013, 7:16:52 AM
Why would you not take pain attunement? 30% more spell damage for 2 points? "More" is a multiplier, you know?
IGN: SynergyHC
"
Synergy1337 wrote:
Why would you not take pain attunement? 30% more spell damage for 2 points? "More" is a multiplier, you know?

Well as written, I didnt account for shavronnes when i made this build and the passive tree, but yeah it makes sense to take pain attunement :)
"
Synergy1337 wrote:

Maybe, juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust maybe because hes CI?
IGN: Yeph
1.5 mill dps??? LUL

start combat:

1st, it takes you ~2-3 seconds to get your curses and totem up (0 dps)
2nd, you start off with 0 power charges so your crit chance is only ~16%
3rd, with that low of a crit chance you surely can't take into account the crit modifier. Also no crits = no shock stacks so take that modifier out
4th, you don't "re-burn" the mobs once they are already burning so at most you do 1/3rd more dps, already taken into account though i see
5th, you actually have to get hit to trigger your damage (you won't be leeching HP back until it triggers which is probably too late and you will die) I'd estimate this builds "real" dps at 200k (and even that's being generous) at most given that it will take at around 5-10 seconds to get your damage rolling that is assuming you don't die before even getting started.

this build is probably only good on extremely high HP, low damage,fast hitting map bosses. good luck.

no wonder no one took you up on your offer http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/368829

Edit: I'm not going to do the exact math but I suggest you attempt to model the damage in excel on a "realtime" type basis starting from 0 (no power charges, no curses up yet, no totem up yet) and see how long it would take until you actually could do damage then divide by that time to find your DPS.
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
Last edited by demivion on May 9, 2013, 10:38:19 AM
Totems won't give you charges.
"
demivion wrote:
1.5 mill dps??? LUL

start combat:

1st, it takes you ~2-3 seconds to get your curses and totem up (0 dps)
2nd, you start off with 0 power charges so your crit chance is only ~16%
3rd, with that low of a crit chance you surely can't take into account the crit modifier. Also no crits = no shock stacks so take that modifier out
4th, you don't "re-burn" the mobs once they are already burning so at most you do 1/3rd more dps, already taken into account though i see
5th, you actually have to get hit to trigger your damage (you won't be leeching HP back until it triggers which is probably too late and you will die) I'd estimate this builds "real" dps at 200k (and even that's being generous) at most given that it will take at around 5-10 seconds to get your damage rolling that is assuming you don't die before even getting started.

this build is probably only good on extremely high HP, low damage,fast hitting map bosses. good luck.

no wonder no one took you up on your offer http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/368829

Edit: I'm not going to do the exact math but I suggest you attempt to model the damage in excel on a "realtime" type basis starting from 0 (no power charges, no curses up yet, no totem up yet) and see how long it would take until you actually could do damage then divide by that time to find your DPS.

Ohoh have i waited for a guy like you :) how can u get a base of 5% crit + 315% to a 16%? :) are you just really bad at math? 2nd curses and totems wont be that slow, mouse 3+4+5, goes quite fast. with 2x 15% increased power charge duration you have them to at least 13 seconds, which should easily be enough for u to reach next pack of mobs and make a new totem thus sustaining the charges, so yeah the first pack wont have full charges, but after that it shouldnt be a problem? and definately not what you should focus on... AGAIN IT IS WITHOUT ITEMS, u can easily obtain +250% crit more...

with a 315+465% crit chance i should definately take modifier into my calculations, why wouldnt it?
4th: you wont need to burn then, your effective fire damage is approx. 6millions :)

5th: you wont need more than 1 or 2 hits, since the molten shell dmg break point is quite low comparred to map units damage.

Hey and perhaps its not the most effective build, I NEVER said that?? please quote me somewhere if you want. I am simply pointing out that its an alternative build, that requires a different playstyle which would be funny for some people (myself included)

I guess my overall dps as soon as i see creeps isn't 1.5mill, but ur burn dmg will hit for that almost 50% of the time without items, so with crit chances on items you will reach +65ish.

EDIT : In fact, vs easy mobs, you probably wont even need to double curse and shockstack :)
Last edited by Lamaen on May 9, 2013, 2:02:42 PM
"
wyvernfist wrote:

I actually thought of that, if it doesn't. I couldn't find any information saying whether it does or not, but in case it doesnt, i thought of a 4link Fireball with increased critical strike + faster casting + power charge on crit :)

EDIT: I guess its starting to be many spells to administrate :P ohh well who doesn't like a challenge
Last edited by Lamaen on May 9, 2013, 2:36:31 PM
"
Lamaen wrote:
"
wyvernfist wrote:

I actually thought of that, if it doesn't. I couldn't find any information saying whether it does or not, but in case it doesnt, i thought of a 4link Fireball with increased critical strike + faster casting + power charge on crit :)

EDIT: I guess its starting to be many spells to administrate :P ohh well who doesn't like a challenge

The totem would generate charges, but for the totem not for you.
"
thepmrc wrote:
"
Lamaen wrote:
"
wyvernfist wrote:

The totem would generate charges, but for the totem not for you.

good to know :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info