my problem with the race system as it stands...

I dont see any reason to play races unless you get to season top10/20, which means that only "hardcore" players can do that. There should be a way to make races rewarding for everyone who wants to participate. No one really gives a fuck if they win a karui ward.
My best char so far https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211377
"
topcatti wrote:
I dont see any reason to play races unless you get to season top10/20, which means that only "hardcore" players can do that. There should be a way to make races rewarding for everyone who wants to participate. No one really gives a fuck if they win a karui ward.

What you're proposing is that everyone should get good rewards no matter how they perform? Sounds silly to me.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
what I'm purposing is you should be able to do a 1.5 hour race if you are on for only 2 hours, not miss the start or the end. or more likely not be on during a race at all.
"
Didros wrote:
"
tadl wrote:
"
Didros wrote:
My main problem with the race system in its' current form is...

really rewards people who can play off and on all day long...

Tell me any Game that is different to this? Just one that if you play less you improve more and get more rewards.

what? I don't think you understand, I mean this system rewards people that can conform to GGG scheduled and people that HAVE to work x-y time get fucked....it is not about total time, it's about when you can spend your time...

How is this any different than anything else in life. The people that win put in the most work and make the most sacrifices. It's why they win. GGG added the random reward draws and the end of the races to fix this which is carebear enough. They also made the 135 minute solo race that you could post the High score on and never race again. Another case of *i want everything handed to me. You are completely right, people that have free schedules are going to win because they are playing all day, have time to play any race and are better at the game than you and I because of it. Pretty simple and its nothing to complain about. You get to have a life outside of computer games, that's your reward or aim to win the 135 min solo races.
Best results as Ranger
rank 29 (1 Hr Lethal TI Solo (S02E148))
rank 40 (2 Hr Fixed Seed Solo (S02E249))
rank 49 (1 Hour BLAMT Solo (S02E258))
Last edited by Zazzaro703 on May 5, 2013, 12:00:57 AM
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
topcatti wrote:

What you're proposing is that everyone should get good rewards no matter how they perform? Sounds silly to me.

Sounds exactly like what we teach our youth in America. Everyone is equal and nobody can fail. It's a complete joke and should be able to tell children they outright suck at things and need to practice instead of handing out pink and purple 9th place ribbons saying how great they did so we can put an end to this entitlement crap. Part of racing is being able to get to the race on time... In fact it's one of the key components.

For the record, I have a massive 11pts this race season for the same reasons, I don't get to attend as many races as I'd like to because of scheduling but again... That's life and I fully accept ill never win a race season because of it. Ill just try and score a top 3 on the 135 minute... The option already provided rather than cry about it not being fair.
Best results as Ranger
rank 29 (1 Hr Lethal TI Solo (S02E148))
rank 40 (2 Hr Fixed Seed Solo (S02E249))
rank 49 (1 Hour BLAMT Solo (S02E258))
Last edited by Zazzaro703 on May 5, 2013, 12:19:40 AM
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
topcatti wrote:

The points is that, there is no reason to race if you dont benefit from it any how.
My best char so far https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211377
Race times are not random. There are 4 set times.

http://www.pathofexile.com/seasons
6:00 AM
10:00 AM
1:00 PM
5:00 PM

Complaining that a race is a race makes you sound like a troll. One reason I do these leagues/races is that it really seems to have better drop rates and league points.
Last edited by Stonegoal on May 5, 2013, 1:24:51 AM
"
Didros wrote:
"
tadl wrote:
"
Didros wrote:
My main problem with the race system in its' current form is...

really rewards people who can play off and on all day long...

Tell me any Game that is different to this? Just one that if you play less you improve more and get more rewards.

what? I don't think you understand, I mean this system rewards people that can conform to GGG scheduled and people that HAVE to work x-y time get fucked....it is not about total time, it's about when you can spend your time...

it is about time. its always about time. take a mmo - if you can not attend to the shedule you wont raid top. take shooters - if you cant put in the time and attend to practise you will not be part of a top team. rts - if you cant put in time and attend to sheduled tournaments you will reach nothing. this is just again a whine. I can try to race on sundays sometimes. I am fine with it.

still -my question, plz
Why you should try Harcore http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/209310/page/1
Last edited by tadl on May 5, 2013, 2:03:14 AM
You win at life, they win at game. Seems fair to me. Why complain?
^ BS.

To topic: I started POE as a casual HC-Player. It's impossile to keep up with the 24/7 players. Races offer a competition that doesn't need you to be online very long. It just needs skill and a bit luck. I can imagine that I will do Races only in the future. The Demi is not needed then. The essence of a race, that all players start at the same time is crucial for me. I like the "kripp enters Arsenal first" after 10min messages and the deathmessages aswell. It would be stupid to let the people start when they want. All the flair would be gone.

Races are awesome as they are.
I am a believer of Kuduku's word, god of gods, the only TRUE GOD! KUDUKU!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info