0.10.8 Information and Race Updates

Rebalancing every skill in the game...this sounds promising! If you want my opinion Puncture should be a Support skill and Freeze Mine should be a Freeze Trap. Now about the changes you are going to make in Act 3 are ok but if i were you i would focus on delivering the final part of Act 3 and Act 4! That means that both are far away from completion! /cry
"
kyoritsu wrote:
Finally a chance to farm Lioneye's Glare and Kaom's without going into the maps.

L's Glare has always (in OB) been available outside maps. Granted, not as 'easy'.
Casually casual.

Oh yeah true that.
IGN - Burq
Hey guys, just thought I'd mention for all you idiots out there: neither the artists nor the people who handle balance (spreadsheet anyone?) are necessarily the people who are working on desync.

GGG consists of more than one person. They can do multiple things at once.
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
kyoritsu wrote:
Finally a chance to farm Lioneye's Glare and Kaom's without going into the maps.

L's Glare has always (in OB) been available outside maps. Granted, not as 'easy'.

ha never realized that until you said this, rares and Piety in Lunaris 3 :x
S L O W E R
Btw tha rankings for the 135 mins are not correct. Goratha(mara) has made lvl 30, so has noobler with ranger, dunno about the other classes, jsut sayin.
"
ampdecay wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
kyoritsu wrote:

ha never realized that until you said this, rares and Piety in Lunaris 3 :x

Indeed, highly unlikely but for chancing a white drop from them, not so bad.

That said, after unsuccessfully chancing several white drops from there, I happened to drop a ready made one from a trash mob in Grotto -_-
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Apr 30, 2013, 10:50:02 AM
"
Spiritios wrote:

On the contrary, it does a little something by providing accessibility to level 66 maps that are allowing you to get 67 maps from.

What are you talking about here, the increase in levels of the different areas in act 3?
People already farm docks right now, after the levels have been increased, they might farm lunaris, but that does nothing for the map drop rate.
All of the feedback is regarding the increase of levels, which is completely unrelated to the map drop rate.
If you were referencing the additional map loot slot for piety, how exactly is that related to the feedback regarding the area levels? It is unrelated.
I am actually one of the few people that always said that piety should have a much higher chance to drop a lvl 60 map (back in closed beta), in order to give people more access to the first map tier.

As i said though, this is completely unrelated to anything i mentioned in my post.
It does not grant any additional accessability for 67+ maps, because in order to get maps out of maps, you have to use currencies.
Whether you have 50 level 66 maps, or only 5, you will have to use currencies.
If people are having issues to get to higher level maps RIGHT NOW, then they will also have issues to get to higher level maps after this patch, because nothing will have changed regarding 67+ maps.

Having access to more low level maps does not grant any access to higher level maps, even if you count the recipe, since the recipe is bad.
If you want to create a level 69 map, you will have to use 27 lvl 66 maps.
I was farming sarn city in merc for about 12 hours before i started doing maps (from lvl 59-74). I got a total of 4 maps out of sarn city during that time.
Even if they were to increase the dropchance of piety so much that you could farm triple the amount of maps in the same time as you could previously, you would still only have about 12 maps.
Farming low level maps in order to use them in the recipe is pointless.

The piety change grants a little more access to level 66 maps, and thats it.
The level increase of the areas is completely unrelated and does nothing regarding map accessability.

"

If the map changes that reduce randomness in maps are chaning the RNG problem by actually allowing you to effectively get higher level maps, doesn't that help?

I had already addressed this.
They did not state anything specific, just some vague statement.
We got that same vague statement the last 3 patches in a row.
At this point it is nothing else than stalling.
Besides, i dont see how a future change is related to the feedback i am providing for an imminent change.
Last edited by gh0un on Apr 30, 2013, 11:00:07 AM
"
Orgazmic wrote:
That desync keeps killing all my chars in hardcore... Well all my chars are dead and I'm starting a new one and so far that desync.. I hope you guys can fix it.

get off your highhorse and play default
I still can't believe the change to not allow any maps higher than 66 to drop in merciless is actually going live. I mean... really? No, really, you're serious? Piety now has a chance to drop a map, but who cares? It'll be a 66.

Can't wait to burn all my currency on 66 maps, just in hopes of getting higher maps to drop from them... and then have no currency to use on them.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info