mageblood just too op

Now that would solve all his problems. As long as he is ok with 50 increased move speed and not a drop more.
"
pogduckdogcat wrote:
mageblood just too op for any situations

my idea for rework:
Leftmost (2-3) Magic Utility Flasks constantly apply their Flask Effects to you
Rightmost (1-2) Flasks are disabled
No thanks. Let's leave the balancing to GGG.
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
gladiatorpie wrote:
Everything you listed is a movement speed slow. Trickster prevents action speed slows so you will still get slowed to a crawl by those things.

there's only one solution to that.. playing a Trickster with Stampede boots!

Orrrrr rare boots with the haunted modifier, but... prolly not going core.
"
gladiatorpie wrote:
Now that would solve all his problems. As long as he is ok with 50 increased move speed and not a drop more.

50 is better than minus 9000 :D
"
gladiatorpie wrote:

Everything you listed is a movement speed slow. Trickster prevents action speed slows so you will still get slowed to a crawl by those things.

Now that u mention that, I see that I interpreted action speed wrong.
I was always wondering why hinder would slow me down so much as trickster, because in my mind action speed includes movement speed.

After reading the wiki page about it now, it makes sense. Still a bit confusing, but it's not directly tied to movement speed at least.
They just need to stop with the inflation and turn items like mageblood into a chase item again instead of it being a build enabler somehow.

Make it super rare again.
"
TeamNK wrote:
They just need to stop with the inflation and turn items like mageblood into a chase item again instead of it being a build enabler somehow.

Make it super rare again.

I agree on that, it used to be something i had to really work for, this time i had my shop open a week pretty much.
I think that MB is ok as it is in a lot of cases, honestly it's a nice build enabling item and having it quite accessible for less hardcore players last league and this one is fine. It will still be quite the achievement for a lot of players, a 4 flasks MB is still close to 100 divs, quite a nice amount for more casual players.
Also, having the ability in the game to bring lower tier builds to a viable endgame option with a chasing item is a nice feature, as long as you tune it to not work with mechanics that should not be playable at this level of difficulty on the first place (more on that later).
I would also be ok with it being rarer in the next couple of leagues, it's the point in a 3 months season system to tweak that kind of things too.

What bothers me with MB (and same with HH to some extent) is that they also allows mechnanics that are not meant to be ultra juicing/uber viable to just work, that's the downside of such a strong item (I'm of course talking about magic find). The sole nerf that I'd want to see with thoses items is to brick them on MF builds, because I do think that the extra juice on the character should allways be balanced by an hefty price on defences and damage, price heavily reduced or even annihilated by a single item.
"
onexxx wrote:

What bothers me with MB (and same with HH to some extent) is that they also allows mechnanics that are not meant to be ultra juicing/uber viable to just work, that's the downside of such a strong item (I'm of course talking about magic find). The sole nerf that I'd want to see with thoses items is to brick them on MF builds, because I do think that the extra juice on the character should allways be balanced by an hefty price on defences and damage, price heavily reduced or even annihilated by a single item.

That's a good point, I hadn't even thought about. But MB buffing bad builds as much means that it also elevates good builds in a way, that they can just slap on as much MF as they want and still be OP.

That could be a possible "nerf" for MB to just give it a line that "increases to Rarity and Quantity on gear don't affect your character".
It wouldn't change much in terms of strenght of the item, but it makes it less of an ultra endgame option for juicers.

Maybe the same could be done for HH, but then HH would probably be dead. It's the whole purpose of said belt.
"
Sadaukar wrote:

That's a good point, I hadn't even thought about. But MB buffing bad builds as much means that it also elevates good builds in a way, that they can just slap on as much MF as they want and still be OP.

I'm OK with MB buffing already good builds, the item is not mandatory on thoses, as long as it does not allow thoses to use unsuitable mechanics on endgame as stated before.

"
Sadaukar wrote:

That could be a possible "nerf" for MB to just give it a line that "increases to Rarity and Quantity on gear don't affect your character".
It wouldn't change much in terms of strenght of the item, but it makes it less of an ultra endgame option for juicers.

That's exactly what I'd like to see, it would solve part of the MF controversy (I don't know to what extend it would impact the group play, wich is the other big part of the issue).

"
Sadaukar wrote:

Maybe the same could be done for HH, but then HH would probably be dead. It's the whole purpose of said belt.

And that's completely fine. It's a iconic item, but it does not need to be as strong as it has been before, every league. As said, having a 3 months season model allows to do big tweaks on things, having HH not playable for one or two leagues because of that seems fine to me. Maybe a good opportunity to revamp the item and the way it interacts with rare mods, or straight buff it.I do belive that as long as it does not allow magic find, the item can be very strong without being as much of an issue as it has been.
Last edited by onexxx on Apr 26, 2024, 2:00:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info