Necropolis is the 2nd the worst retention League of all time: GGG can't understand their limits

GGG needs to stop acting like everything has to be an extremely complicated puzzle for the players with obviously way too many moving pieces which are impossible to balance together

50+ New Sextants ( Allflames ) +
50+ New Scarabs +
50+ New Devoted Mods+
New T17 mods +
New Atlas passives +
Party Bonuses +
MFing +
All that combined with all the previous Leagues mechanics drop modifiers and quirks.

The result is a fucked up economy which is fun few a few days because you can test different builds but when that Doctor drops, you honestly kinda wish it didn't.

2nd worst Retention of the past 20 leagues, only losing to Kalandra.

Allflames were a very bad idea

Sextants were removed because constantly buying them and balancing them is annoying.

Solution: Introduce 50 new sextants that have to be refreshed every map, can fit twice as many, are impossible to balance, and have never been tested before.

New scarabs are a failure

Percentage wise almost nothing changed, 60% of the scarabs are useless like before. Except now you have even more expensive scarabs which will have a higher ceiling and group-only requirement when playing with.

All puzzle Leagues have failed

All of the worst leagues have been overly complicated:
Harvest, Synthesis, Kalandra and now Necropolis have all been either simplified to make it usable for people who don't want to play with spreadsheets or have been buffed to ridiculous levels where you can pretty much only win, and therefore ruin the economy.

Corpse crafting is very annoying but too rewarding

If you want to craft with the League mechanic efficiently, you have to buy at least half of the corpses - 15 trades for a single item. It's very much worth it, and takes time, but it's annoying; and if you don't do it, you know you're screwing yourself over.

The gap between players is bigger than ever

With so many sextants and allflame combos costing as much as a completely decked out Uber boss farming build, it's inevitable that the difference between the richest and the poorest is bigger than before. While the poor players do get more items because of it, the "once in a league" items that they themselves drop are not exciting at all anymore.

Suggestion

Exactly how a builds should be nerfed or buffed with a single part at a time, the same way the economy should have one new moving piece at a time to not ruin it completely.

Nothing wrong if you enjoyed the League; I did, but it was also a massive failure by GGG.

Feel free to leave your ideas below.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Last bumped on Apr 28, 2024, 7:10:06 PM
Good sum up. I don't even what is the direction of this game. Like we heard in the interviews their goals, but it's completely opposite.

I would add to it nerf of ground loot by corpse craft when they added way to choose of base type.
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
People demand new things, but sometimes they seek out the familiar.
Too much change confuses people and makes them tired.
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

The gap between players is bigger than ever

With so many sextants and allflame combos costing as much as a completely decked out Uber boss farming build, it's inevitable that the difference between the richest and the poorest is bigger than before. While the poor players do get more items because of it, the "once in a league" items that they themselves drop are not exciting at all anymore.

[

This is the worst part of it and I heavily dislike that GGG hasn't done much to try and combat this. There's always going to be high end sweaty play in games like this and it will never go away, but it is ludicrously high this league.

Combined with us being forced to build characters stronger than we've ever had to build them this league to tackle the haunted mods stacking with map mods and the gutter disaster that is T17 balancing, a lot of people just aren't having a good time having to work a lot harder for stupidly less progress and reward than people who are group mf blasting or have some stupid multi divine per map investment strat that's probably gotten nerfed so you can't even do it yourself now. Unless you rat raced your way to a baller build and got in on the stupid meme strats that got nerf hammered, you just missed out on that fun. That sucks.

You can acknowledge that parts of this game are not for everyone and not everybody will clear it, or even that not many will get to that point. You can also acknowledge that most of the difficulty in POE is just gear check so you can just learn to build your character better. There's infinite guide content out there for you to go consume.

That said, players that are lower investment or not as good or knowledgable at the game still deserve to have fun. And a lot of them aren't having fun because the game is convoluted and goofy at times.
Above of all it is performance. The game is currently unplayable, GPU and CPU spikes up to 100% and the cooling fans running and sound like a reactor.
I want to play, regardless of the league mechanic, as well as some of my fellows, but we can't.
To solve this broken performance must be a top priority.
Last edited by B00b on Apr 19, 2024, 3:42:12 PM
I liked Lake of Kalandra a lot better than this Necropolis gunk. Honestly I don't know why GGG moves the goalposts so much in a free-to-play game. Without a monthly subscription plan, how do they have enough resources to be tweaking everything so much all the time? Anyway that question doesn't need to be answered, it's just how I feel about POE>
"If it aint broke, it soon will be" - Tibbs. True enough.
😹😹😹😹😹
I do not and will not use TFT.
Gaming Granny :D
🐢🐢🐢🪲🪲🪲
as someone who often disagrees with the op in other posts I want to point out that I think their criticism is spot on.

I want to add as a more casual player that having to level with allflame monsters randomly killing your character feels bad. If the game starts feeling like a chore I log off.

The biggest nerf to me was removing compasses and sextants. I never used sextants really, I always sold the compasses to rollers in bulk, I miss that easy source of crafting mats. Scarabs do not fill that gap since realistically I will never see a scarab worth more than like 15 chaos. The rare ones are much rarer than the currency to roll sextants. This is like GGG removing the chaos recipe.

The wild economy didn't affect me, but I have yet to see any good currency drops despite farming 100 quant t16 maps. GGG clearly wants me to farm 8 mod t17 maps to even dream of getting any useful drops, and so the gap has widened beyond the point where I want to grind a character.

If trade weren't terrible the graveyard craft system might have been redeemed, but as it is I need to find monsters of the tribe for my craft with the mod I want in bulk, or nothing happens.

I think the biggest thing that widened the gap was moving so many boss uniques to ubers from pinnacles. Most people don't even want to engage with ubers because their invite costs more then they farm in a week.
I think it's false, i think it could end up being the worst retention league ever, if it's not already the case:

https://poedb.tw/us/League#ConcurrentPlayers
Last edited by Universalis on Apr 19, 2024, 9:48:08 PM
"
Universalis wrote:
I think it's false, i think it could end up being the worst retention league ever, if it's not already the case:

https://poedb.tw/us/League#ConcurrentPlayers

Except that even the graphic you linked....shows it pretty comfortably SECOND from the bottom from those leagues lol. Its the same data that the OP provided....

The "retention" critical period is almost completely passed so we can pretty safely say, if we trust these graphs, that it is second to Kalandra and will remain second to Kalandra.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Apr 19, 2024, 10:21:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info