As a melee-er I'm kinda hyped for POE2 - HYPE HYPE!

"
exsea wrote:
... but some games had a band aid by slapping a flat damage resist to all melee classes.

That's exactly what happened here. They called it Fortify. But it was like finding a used hobo condom in the street and wrapping it around a cut on your hand because you couldn't find an ACTUAL band-aid.
"
Aynix wrote:
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:

Find the post cause I CERTAINLY did not say melee is bad in poe 2 lol

No you didnt say that. You said that Alkaizer after tests said that melee is garbage.

No I did not say anything like that lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
That's a long time to be standing at the hype-train station broseph.

Grab a seat.
Go watch Alkaizer's 2+ hour recent POE2 warrior playthrough and tell me how hyped you are for POE2 melee gameplay.

All I see is POE1 melee pain magnified by 1000x.
I have two different viewpoints regarding melee.

The first is if you have one person standing in a field holding a big ax and another person standing 50 feet away with a rocket launcher the ranged person should win pretty much every single time.

By its very definition melee is inferior. Historically melee got decimated pretty quickly when artillery and infantry surpassed it.

Asheron's call (old game, I know) instituted a system where they paper rock scissored melee/casters/ranged so they each had another role they dominated and one they were susceptible to.

Gun beats fist every time.

Suppose you could cheat it with damage shields to even it out.

But it is sort of silly that melee attacks can miss yet the caster auto hits their target every single time, no matter how far the target runs or dodges.

Line of sight straight attack bolts for ranged would even the balance a bit.
Last edited by RockGod on Apr 20, 2024, 2:58:59 PM
That's your argument here? Realism?

Ok, if you want realism, if your character gets hit by ANY attack, then they get a tiny minor wound that gets infected and they die because we're living in "teh medieval days bro" and there's no medical treatment.
"
mnieradko wrote:

Ok, if you want realism, if your character gets hit by ANY attack, then they get a tiny minor wound that gets infected and they die because we're living in "teh medieval days bro" and there's no medical treatment.

Sorry but we all know that life potions have meds in it and they will cure any infection, even heavy bleeding or poison.
"
Aynix wrote:
"
mnieradko wrote:

Sorry but we all know that life potions have meds in it and they will cure any infection, even heavy bleeding or poison.

Don't forget the magic liquid that makes you more resistent to being struck by literal lightning in broad daylight, or magic that makes you develop an extra layer of crabs around you to protect you from physical harm.

This game really is built on realism, fr!
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
or magic that makes you develop an extra layer of crabs around you to protect you from physical harm.

Man wish I had that in real life
"

Sorry no magical life potions. Your character only has water from the environment to consume and since we're in "teh medieval days bro" this water is contaminated with all sorts of horrible waterborne illnesses. Your character then becomes progressively weak and keeps pooping until you fall down and die.

Alternatively your character only consumes alcohol and within a few minutes is too inebriated to have any combat effectiveness. Your screen also becomes blurry and pixelated. Perhaps we could use this to explain the game's horrible engine optimization?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info