AW is a good joke in 2024

"
Jideament wrote:
"
anti4z500 wrote:
at this point. i am up for loot pets. when game drops all this shit bubble currency and shit ton of splinters. at least then ppl can spend more time on spreadsheets they love so mutch

This. I know they're gaining money by consuming players time but, it's 2024, come on now give me a break.

How do you figure that GGG's getting money by consuming player time? If anything they're spending money by increasing the time players spend on their servers and thus taxing their bandwidth. If you're paying a subscrption fee, this makes sense, but if that's the case for PoE, I've got a bridge to sell you.
"
Jideament wrote:
Today I told a friend of mine that I've a real good joke for her and she said she is not in the mood of jokes and I told her that I'm playing an animated weapon necromancer in 2024 and she laughed so hard. She thanked me after 10 minutes of heavy laughing. Thanks GGG. Your game's lack of QoL features cured one more depression.

it wasn't that long ago that AW was considered better than SRS then magically without numerical changes someone made a good SRS build and SRS. (which no lie was considered the absolute worst Minion ability at the time if you can believe it)

No real numerical changes preceded SRS becoming meta BTW, other minions got nerfed and all those "looking down their nose" at SRS suddenly loved the skill.

AW is still numerically in the same place except now SRS has been nerfed. And AW arguably already numerically superior to SRS hasn't been nerfed (at least as I recall).

So we're one streamer making a AW build from AW being the top minion build for the next 6 leagues at which point people who are tired of playing it or tired of it being "better than every other minion build" will start clamoring for AW to be nerfed.

This story brought to you by: every meta skill that became good purely due to fashion and fell out of fashion and thus became "bad" and every "OP" skill that got nerfed only for the next most obvious skill to prove out to be nearly as good.

So what the OP is really complaining about is that their favorite skill isn't POPULAR AND FASHIONABLE.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Animate weapon of self reflection seems kinda busted this league since you can get some op weapons. Get your guardian, buy good elemental weapon and you are fine.

AW is not that bad of a skill, just loses in QoL with SRS and thats it. Just look how archamge turned out. It got nerfed dmg wise but got some nice QoL and its suddenly meta. Numerical changes are not always the answer.
"AW" has the biggest QoL of all non-permamnet minions and its called Chains of Command.
Last edited by Aynix on Apr 18, 2024, 5:48:02 PM
"
Aynix wrote:
"AW" has the biggest QoL of all non-permamnet minions and its called Chains of Command.

Meanwhile SRS has even bigger one called "just slap the gem somewhere and it works".
"
kuciol wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:

Meanwhile SRS has even bigger one called "just slap the gem somewhere and it works".

You still need to cast it while this one summons more weapons as they kill enemies. You dont need to do anything at all
"
Aynix wrote:

You still need to cast it while this one summons more weapons as they kill enemies. You dont need to do anything at all

Bosses exist.
"
kuciol wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:

Bosses exist.

You mean those lone enemies that drop no loot?
Yeap. But you cant just pretend they are not there. With AW you would need another character for them, with srs you do not.
"
kuciol wrote:
Yeap. But you cant just pretend they are not there.

Ofc you can. Just portal out and run next map ^ ^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info