Feedback on the current ban system and ban appeal system

This is the order of events:
- In August last year, I started Ancestor league solo during the first few days.
- After that, I joined a guild.
- A few days later, while I was running Sanctum, my account disconnected and when trying to login back, message popped up saying "banned by administrator".
- Send ban appeal to banappeals@grindinggear.com to ask why my account got banned with the reason "Breaching Terms of Use" but it's unsuccessful.
- Requested account information.
- Relize my account has been flagged as a Bot, and turns out the actually reason of the ban is Botting Guild. And the guild with 51 members, all of them were banned, even someone didn't active in months.
- Try to appeal again after knowing the reason but Support always refuse it.
- After months, the "ban appeal" button show up on the website, I used it to explain I didn't use any kind of botting softwares to play PoE, and willing to cooperate for the investigate.
- The ban appeal was immediately denied again.
- Recently, I got response from Samantha talking about the reason of the ban - the use of third party software (botting).
- Again, try to appeal again after knowing the real reason but Support still always refuse it.
- Can't get support from emailing GGG support, they tell me the decision is final, no more discussion here. What can I do now to defend myself?

I usually used only these softwares while I was playing PoE:
1. Discord
2. Chrome
3. Steam
4. BlueStacks
5. Spotify
6. Chaos Recipe Enhancer
7. Exitlag
8. Anti-virus (Kaspersky Internet Security)

As 1 shot at ban appeal is back, it doesn't enable the banned players to defend for themselves, esp when no pictures are allowed and only a maximum of 500 words is allowed to appeal. I have supported GGG for many years so I couldn't have done anything wrong to be banned. I don't even use Awaken poe trade and third party softwares, which are used by many streamers. I just want to say that GGG has done a good job building an amazing game with really nice MTXs, but I can't comprehend their actions in ban appeal processing. This post is created to raise your attention that clearly there is problem with ban system and ban appeal system. Hope it will be addressed. I just simply want my problem to be reviewed and sorted fairly.
Last bumped on Apr 18, 2024, 2:13:38 PM
Sorry to hear about your experience, Its such a large fear to use any third party apps especially after reading this post and honestly other posts like it over the years.

I use a third party app to quickly check average prices of things but its always been a fear in the back of my mind that one day it might result in losing my account for such a simple thing.

Good luck figuring this out.
Innocence forgives you
Cool story,but they dont care like many others. You can get ban by envy people because you just link mirror in chat or any lucky drop. If its get enough reports - you will be banned. So... their system is dog-shit.
Last edited by Berzal on Apr 17, 2024, 5:25:04 AM
Honestly, PoE is an amazing game, but I cannot comprehend the way GGG handling a ban appeal like this. GGG even doesn't care how the banned players justify themself after the decision was made on the banned accounts. What a ridiculous process.
"
Honestly, PoE is an amazing game, but I cannot comprehend the way GGG handling a ban appeal like this. GGG even doesn't care how the banned players justify themself after the decision was made on the banned accounts. What a ridiculous process.

I've personally dealt with this behavior and was entirely ignored for over 60 days.

What i had to do in order to talk to support after that was super un-fair i had to risk getting my account permanently banned just to contact someone despite using official channels as instructed from the start.

It was rather traumatic and improvements need to be made, I don't know that my faith will ever be restored after that, I love this game so much and its been a sanctuary from the world when i needed it so many times but once the illusion is dispelled its hard to see it the same again.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Apr 17, 2024, 9:40:40 AM
"
"

I've personally dealt with this behavior and was entirely ignored for over 60 days.

What i had to do in order to talk to support after that was super un-fair i had to risk getting my account permanently banned just to contact someone despite using official channels as instructed from the start.

It was rather traumatic and improvements need to be made, I don't know that my faith will ever be restored after that, I love this game so much and its been a sanctuary from the world when i needed it so many times but once the illusion is dispelled its hard to see it the same again.

Congrats that you could get your account back. But how did you do that after GGG support team ignored for over 60 days?
"
"
"

Congrats that you could get your account back. But how did you do that after GGG support team ignored for over 60 days?

I had to break the rules and post the information publicly, My emails, support messages and other attempts at legitimate communication were cut off or not being responded to.

Asked them for the basic courtesy of an apology but they've been radio silent since and honestly its tough to enjoy the game anymore im only playing for friends because my faith is just gone.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Apr 17, 2024, 10:04:41 AM
"
I had to break the rules and post the information publicly, My emails, support messages and other attempts at legitimate communication were cut off or not being responded to.

Could you please tell more detail about how did you get unbanned after GGG support told you that the decision is final? At now, I don't know what should I do.
Last edited by JustAccountName on Apr 17, 2024, 10:04:49 AM
"
"

Could you please tell more detail about how did you get unbanned after GGG support told you that the decision is final? At now, I don't know what should I do.

I had GGG stamped emails proving they had made an error, I got lucky if you can call going through that luck.

In your case you'd have to prove that you weren't doing whatever they are accusing you of, If you can't do that then all i can think of is that you request them to look into it deeper if you truly are innocent.

Mistakes happen and losing an account in this game is no small matter and they should allow some sort of real appeal process to protect people who do fall through the cracks.

I think this is my last post here, Good luck GGG, Try to do better its been nice all of these years discussing and posting ideas here.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Apr 17, 2024, 10:18:39 AM
"
"
"

I had GGG stamped emails proving they had made an error, I got lucky if you can call going through that luck.

In your case you'd have to prove that you weren't doing whatever they are accusing you of, If you can't do that then all i can think of is that you request them to look into it deeper if you truly are innocent.

Mistakes happen and losing an account in this game is no small matter.

Thank you for your advice and suggestions. But I have tried multiple times through emailing GGG support to tell them all programs I used while playing, none of them is bannable. And when I request them to look into deeper, they just reject it and no more discussion about it. I guess no luck for me.
Last edited by JustAccountName on Apr 17, 2024, 10:19:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info