EXP LOSS

"
Ayxera wrote:
"
sparkzignites wrote:
I think it shoud be tweaked. It should be a mod on maps or something similar.

I personally just stop playing every season because of the same thing, I can't progress my character. I'm not playing competively and I could'nt give a hoot what someone else has accomplished in a set time.

I just want to continue having FUN with the character I've built (by leveling, looting in rewarding content). I can't have FUN when if I want to level I have to face the potential of spending 4-5+ hrs of time grinding boring content just so I don't die to some insane modifiers. This design does not value your time.

It's a video game. I just want to have FUN. It should be optional.

I'm just making a suggestion, no need for toxic responses.

No thanks. Level 100 is an achievement, and it should always remain that way.

It really isn't when you can pay for it. SSF - now that's different.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
"
Ayxera wrote:
"
sparkzignites wrote:

I personally just stop playing every season because of the same thing, I can't progress my character. I'm not playing competively and I could'nt give a hoot what someone else has accomplished in a set time.

I just want to continue having FUN with the character I've built (by leveling, looting in rewarding content). I can't have FUN when if I want to level I have to face the potential of spending 4-5+ hrs of time grinding boring content just so I don't die to some insane modifiers. This design does not value your time.

It really isn't when you can pay for it. SSF - now that's different.

DW I only play ssf but I agree, it shouldn't be possible to pay for it in trade :P
"
Ayxera wrote:
"
sparkzignites wrote:

It stopped being an achievement the day 5 ways were added to the game.
"
Moregaze wrote:

So you saying that absolutely everyone who's not on SSF - doing 5-ways to get to 100?
Nice logic buddy.

If you can't handle yourself to 100 lvl - solo, not means - everyone - can't.
And yes i'm dont need 5-ways for it, or any other 6-man party way content.

Yes it's way easier to do stuff in 6 man - but not everyone wanna stick around with it, especially not in your own 6man party of long-time friends, but random people from TFT/In-game chat.
Last edited by FreshMeat93 on Apr 18, 2024, 5:50:54 AM
"
FreshMeat93 wrote:
"
Moregaze wrote:

So you saying that absolutely everyone who's not on SSF - doing 5-ways to get to 100?
Nice logic buddy.

If you can't handle yourself to 100 lvl - solo, not means - everyone - can't.
And yes i'm dont need 5-ways for it, or any other 6-man party way content.

Yes it's way easier to do stuff in 6 man - but not everyone wanna stick around with it, especially not in your own 6man party of long-time friends, but random people from TFT/In-game chat.

You can currently go from 99-100 in 2 hours or less with domination scarabs in SSF.

There's nothing special about it anymore no matter how you try to spin the story.

"
Scarletsword wrote:

You can currently go from 99-100 in 2 hours or less with domination scarabs in SSF.
There's nothing special about it anymore no matter how you try to spin the story.

And why than - amount of 100's on Necropolis SSF currently around ~350 players,and in Trade Necropolis around ~11.000?

Maybe because this scarabs - not so easily obtainable?
You not thought about that?

Domination Scarabs of Teachings - that's what you are talking about i guess.
Buddy i have only 3x of these in almost 3x weeks on the league, with 3x most usefull Scarabs Clusters allocated in the tree.

Do you understand even - how they rare?

Or u will go from 99 to 100 in 3x scarabs? :D

If you not know - you can't just go and buy 100x of these in bulk for 10c each on SSF like in trade league.
Last edited by FreshMeat93 on Apr 18, 2024, 7:30:14 AM
"
Scarletsword wrote:

Nothing quite like telling other people their archievements don't matter! Generalising like that serves no one
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
Scarletsword wrote:

Nothing quite like telling other people their archievements don't matter! Generalising like that serves no one

I'm comparing it to what it used to be.

With scarabs in 3.24 you don't even need a durable character for it. You can skip most aspects of a build that you would expect from someone reaching 100.

If it's essentially the default, is it really special?
"
Scarletsword wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
Scarletsword wrote:

I'm comparing it to what it used to be.

With scarabs in 3.24 you don't even need a durable character for it. You can skip most aspects of a build that you would expect from someone reaching 100.

If it's essentially the default, is it really special?
Ah, yes. It used to be harder but is more accessible now, therefore GGG should just remove the penalty entirely so even the average Joe can hit level 100 with his 1749th death.

I'd also rather have them do the opposite and tweak the exp curve some more so it is harder again.
Other games implement exp debt. If you die you need to recover 10% of exp and it is capped to that 10% if they die again. It is a clever design. Players don't feel they are loosing progression and encourage them to keep trying.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info