T17 maps are making me want to quit the game

I fully agree. These aren't a stepping stone, they are insanely rippy. I'm pretty sure that my build can do some Ubers, but I can't do T17's consistently. When they introduced Ubers, it already made the pool of builds that can do all content a lot smaller. Now that they introduced T17's, they further limited the amount of builds that can clear all content. This is going to hurt build diversity even more and further the divide between top tier builds that can clear all content and peasant builds that are relegated to regular mapping.
I could care less how hard the t17 maps are as I simply won't do them, and will probably never get the gear to do them. What I hate is that the 5th map device slot is tied behind completing one. That is the worst decision made in regards to the new maps.
"
Jrex3 wrote:
I could care less how hard the t17 maps are as I simply won't do them, and will probably never get the gear to do them. What I hate is that the 5th map device slot is tied behind completing one. That is the worst decision made in regards to the new maps.

This.

I didn't get that T17 maps are now the only way to get that fith slot. I thought it's just another way for people who don't want to do legion.
Picture my disappointment when I ran a 4way with emblems I farmed very slowly throug ritual and that new allflame nonsense.

I currently do not run a bossing character. How am I supposed to get my slot without buying a carry?

gg GGG, what marvelous design. I guess I'll start playing DD^^

Note at the end of my salty rant after getting oneshotted 8 times in a row from a t17 boss: Of course I will waste my lifetime, making an OP char and painting that map with that bosses blood to get my slot. But this is just miserable. :D
I don't get the hate for T17s, though I do understand the dislike for wat's gated behind them.
- Ubers
- 5th map slot

It's more end-game content for people whose builds have reached the point where they want to try something more challenging. Some of the replies here outline that they can do Ubers though can't do T17s. Is it that the "bridge between" concept is not accurate and that's why people are not happy? Being able to clear ubers, though not T17s goes against GGG's definition of what should be classified as more difficult?

I personally don't like the fact that the drop rate for them is low and Ubers are gated behind them. I feel like I'm running 1/10th the ubers I used to as bossing was my main objective prior to 3.24. running 28 maps gave you a shot at 1 uber, which was very convenient. I get why they did it though.

If it's from a pure difficulty standpoint, I don't agree with the dislike of t17s now we can reroll them. I think they should be the hardest content there is and I'm grateful for them. Larger maps, more mobs and therefore more drops, harder content and a harder/better test of your build. Running petrified blood and progenesis was enough to survive 350% quant, 12k wisp, t16, deli maps last league. It just felt stupid.

Playing since release, I've been gated behind efficacy gates many times. I remember when uber Atziri was something only the top1% could do. Normal Atziri was out for a whole year before I even heard there's a secret uber version. People needed elder carries and nobody would enter the boss room in vaal temple. Lol, I remember when Malformation T9 Piety was too rippy. Remember how hard Malachai was when Core maps came out?

If you're a new player, then I get the frustration. The power fantasy/creep has grown exponentially over time and that rate of growth causes massive FOMO.

No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
This is no shock, everyone knows the hardest mobs in the game are random rare mobs. Designed bosses have mechancis and counter play, but GGG has always struggled to make rare mobs that sit in that right place of notable, but not insanely dangerious. So cranking a map to 11 is going to be harder than the luxury of being able to focus on mostly a single enemy and counterplay around them.

Also color me shocked that a newly introduced concept aimed exclusively at the players who feel like they're not being challenged is extremely punishing and prone to evaporating. Filed these under 'maybe never' after they got announced, since it was obvious I'm not their target audience (like Sanctum).
"
alhazred70 wrote:
Basically to me yellow maps onward with name your pick of "juiced" strats have deformed and distorted an ARPG thats supposed to be about exploring a dungeon filled with monsters who have loot you want; into some sort of wage earning shopping sim Bullet hell shooter, where you sprint through vaguely fantasy themed landscape in a Bipedal fighter jet with nuclear weapons that explode screens at a time.

You think T17's are where they went too far? I think they jumped that shark when they started catering to the clear speed meta.

This week I watched a HC player willingly continue to do a map that was shuttering his frame rate down to "frames per minute" who continued to farm this way for multiple evenings until his character ripped, which he predicted was about to happen "when the server catches up" due to the kind of monsters (Ben_).

Its gone too far. the game at that level is far far beyond dumb, its unintelligible nonsense, unrecognizable as the genre it started out trying to be.

Cue the same old tired "if you don't like that don't play that way" fallacy as if its not effecting how the game is designed and balanced.

That first paragraph is a hell of a metaphor.... bipedal fighter jet with
nuclear weapons...

hehehhe

good man.
T17s are genuinely the worst addition to the game in years.
"
hmcg020 wrote:
I don't get the hate for T17s, though I do understand the dislike for wat's gated behind them.
- Ubers
- 5th map slot

Its simple. T17 were supposed to be content between normal bosses an ubers. Except they are not. Unless you want to spend 50 chaos rolling each of them, they are harder than ubers. It failed completly its main purpose.
Personally I think Ubers failed their design criteria as well :p

Aspirational content is largely lacking, its pretty hard to even have it in a game with items like mageblood available without making it exclude everything else.

This is one area where modern PoE is significantly worse than past PoE even though many areas are drastically improved/more fun etc.
Honestly I think ubers should be just pure flex content. No entry cost, no loot, just go there to see how strong is your build. Kinda like Hall of Grandmaster in the past (I know it had loot, but the loot was dogshit)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info