Hot take: Necropolis League is actually GREAT...

hot take: league is so great im picking chaos reward in sanctum!

"
JulianTesla wrote:
Maybe I'm getting it wrong, but it seems like the game now its P2W.

You are correct. While Path of Exile has always been accused of being pay-to-win, Necropolis leaves no room for doubting. It's like they took inspiration from the Synthesis league, where players were hoarding fractured gear like it was their own personal graveyard. In leagues like these, powerful crafts are essentially locked behind a paywall.
"
"
JulianTesla wrote:
Maybe I'm getting it wrong, but it seems like the game now its P2W.

You are correct. While Path of Exile has always been accused of being pay-to-win, Necropolis leaves no room for doubting. It's like they took inspiration from the Synthesis league, where players were hoarding fractured gear like it was their own personal graveyard. In leagues like these, powerful crafts are essentially locked behind a paywall.

Nope....none of that is P2W, there is no paywall. Anything that happens in-game using in-game methods and currency cannot possibly EVER be P2W, it is against the very definition of the thing you are talking about. It can be imbalanced, but it is NEVER p2w

P2W ONLY deals with REAL money buying an edge in a FAKE game environment. There is no other definition or usage. Other people hoarding currency, being better at crafting, is never ever going to be p2w.

That is simply NOT what the term "P2W" means.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Apr 22, 2024, 7:13:26 AM
People consider stash tabs P2W and Nekrolis like no other league made you NEED more stash space to hold all the corpses.
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
Nope....none of that is P2W, there is no paywall. Anything that happens in-game using in-game methods and currency cannot possibly EVER be P2W, it is against the very definition of the thing you are talking about. It can be imbalanced, but it is NEVER p2w

P2W ONLY deals with REAL money buying an edge in a FAKE game environment. There is no other definition or usage. Other people hoarding currency, being better at crafting, is never ever going to be p2w.

That is simply NOT what the term "P2W" means.

Every mobile game developer would nod in agreement, however, purchasing advantages with real money constitutes to pay-to-win.
"
Every mobile game developer would nod in agreement, however, purchasing advantages with real money constitutes to pay-to-win.

In lieu of limited energy, ad incentives, xp boosters, battlepasses, locking characters behind gacha, buying characters at max level, power upgrades and so on and so forth, stash tabs are quite literally the softest "p2w" feature in terms of the mobile games you are evoking.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
In lieu of limited energy, ad incentives, xp boosters, battlepasses, locking characters behind gacha, buying characters at max level, power upgrades and so on and so forth, stash tabs are quite literally the softest "p2w" feature in terms of the mobile games you are evoking.

Perhaps it's just the most profitable strategy? After all, it's unlikely that players would stick around if the game included all the elements you mentioned. By gradually introducing inconveniences, developers can incrementally boost profits until facing significant backlash. Then, they can take one step back and have the optimal revenue model. This is what's known as monetization creep, and with Necropolis, they may have to take one step back, again.
"
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

Perhaps it's just the most profitable strategy? After all, it's unlikely that players would stick around if the game included all the elements you mentioned. By gradually introducing inconveniences, developers can incrementally boost profits until facing significant backlash. Then, they can take one step back and have the optimal revenue model. This is what's known as monetization creep, and with Necropolis, they may have to take one step back, again.

Frankly, I think they just didn't expect that people would want to hoard so many corpses. I can only speak from my SSF perspective, but even with full corpse investment it takes me a while to find all the right corpses. Certain kinds I use more than others of course (attributes, mana etc.) and less of others (lightning, cold, fire, haunted etc.)

I'll never need 30 lightning corpses. I'll never need 30 cold corpses etc., so if I needed to I could cut from 3 quads down to 1 most likely.

Rather, if they wanted to creep more monetization into PoE they'd release more specialized tabs which people have actually been asking for, such as one for tattoos and omens.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Nah man, im sad i chose this league to get back into the game. Its just awful, if i wanted to play without en aconomy id be in D4. If i wanted to do spreadsheets on my crafts id be working.
IGN: Ziggro
"
ziggro wrote:
Nah man, im sad i chose this league to get back into the game. Its just awful, if i wanted to play without en aconomy id be in D4. If i wanted to do spreadsheets on my crafts id be working.

At least we got LE to play while we wait. ALso that new one No Rest for the Wicked.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info