Overall Game Perfomance state - and why GGG is in silenced mode about it?

for me it all looks like loading issues. loadings take way more time then they should and it also has a major hiccup every time it loads new things within a map.

first time casting my rotation and syndicate poppin in will also do it shortly.

and im on a pretty fast kingston fury m.2

it's slightly worse every league lol

this league i also had to buy void dd and void desec for better smoothness.. didnt feel great.

maybe there's no "fixing" it and thats why chris/jonathan/erik all sold out 100% of their shares. no more hope here kekw
Last edited by teksuoPOE on Apr 10, 2024, 4:25:48 PM
Your PC must be awful. That's not on game devs.
i'd be willing to consider this if threads about performances didnt reach 10 pages :P

maybe your standards are just too low /shrug
"
B00b wrote:
According with Steam specifications, the game should play with 8 GB RAM and a GTX 650 Ti
Doing nothing in the hideout, it consumes almost 7Gb de Ram, which I think is too much, but I suppose it is still under the specifications.

Act 1 Lioneye's Watch filled with other players wearing cosmetics takes up about 7.2GB of RAM and 2.9GB of VRAM in 4k with max settings. Edit: In DX12 renderer.

And those listed requirements are for minimum. No resolution or target framerate listed, so all that possibly means is to be able to make it into the menu and maybe play at the lowest resolution with lowest settings in DX11.

"
B00b wrote:
I am not going to keep the game running in the background consuming 25% of the CPU and sucking my laptop battery sit in the hideout waiting for other player to buy something for a fancy graphics that I am not even looking at.

Press "P" to open the passive tree and reduce power consumption while you are alt-tabbed. Then your PC doesn't have to render all the extra effects.

Besides, tabs consume more RAM and not that much more CPU power, and Chrome has had plenty of updates where inactive tabs are put in "eco mode".

"
B00b wrote:
The reality is 90% of gamers use laptops or medium tier graphic cards. Also, we have 20 web pages open and other applications running while playing.

"The reality is I make up fake facts to further my argument".

Steam survey disagrees with your statement. So do other statistics. Not to mention that mobile GPUs are not as powerful as their desktop equivalents.

"
B00b wrote:
What is clear is they have put lot of calculations out of the traditional shader pipeline and now GPUs are running hot. Yes, you can do a lot of cool things in a modern GPU, but it must be used with care.

Because GPUs are literally many times faster than CPUs at handling mass calculations?

"
Ceahlau wrote:
A friend got the motherboard fried during a ravaged blight. Lucky was 3 days before warranty expiration.

That got nothing to do with the game. Games can't just fry your motherboard, that makes no sense.

"
cursorTarget wrote:
You're trying to run PoE on weaker hardware. You have to choose - play on lower screen resolutions or buy gaming rig. As an option, save money and make upgrade at the end of the year to 5090. Or buy 4090, wait for 5090 rev 2.0 then upgrade.

PS also you need modern CPU and DDR5-8000+

Please stop with the ridiculous trolling. It only hinders a proper discussion.

"
Jpope3614 wrote:
Performance has never been GGG's strongsuit. But, it seems to have taken a nosedive this league. I'm rocking a rtx4070, 32gb ram, m2 ssd, i7-13700k, and I'm getting 10-20 fps in 2+ people maps. I basically have to turn off cosmetics and change resolution down to 1080p just to get 30fps.

Might be because you paired a 13700K with a 4070 in a game that has had a patch a while back to offload more of the complex stuff to the GPU. A non-Super 4070 is quite a lot slower than the Super variant, meaning that a lot of effects being spammed results in your GPU being too slow and holding up the render queue, which reduces performance. Which is why it makes sense that you had to lower the resolution in order for the GPU to keep up.

Edit: For reference, my 4080 is roughly 62% faster than your GPU, and it's a far better match for a 13700K.

And I also think the last part is an exaggeration, because I had the same GPU in early last year and my 1% Lows were typically in the 35-38 FPS range on a build that spammed the entire screen with spells and effects in 1440p. And that does not mean average gameplay experience.

"
King_Yoshi wrote:
I also don't believe it's my computer.. but correct me if I am wrong..

CPU: AMD Threadripper 3970X 3.7 GHz 32-Core Processor
Motherboard: Asus ROG ZENITH II EXTREME ALPHA EATX sTRX4 Motherboard
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB Founders Edition Video Card
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 128GB (8 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Intel XMP 2.0 Desktop Memory Model F4-3600C14Q2-128GVKA

It is, actually, to some extent. I'm noticing a pattern here and on reddit. People build totally imbalanced PCs and then blame the game for bad performance.

You built a Mustang on steroids, with nitro injection and turbo, yet you skimped on the engine and put in a V6 instead of a V12. Your Mustang won't actually go any faster because the engine can't keep up. That's a metaphor for the 3080 Ti in your setup.

Same type of behavior I see with people pairing an RTX 4090 with their old i7-8700K CPUs and whatnot. It can't go any faster when the other parts are vastly outmatched. Your fastest component will simply never be used at its full potential and your slowest component will always be the bottleneck. How quickly that occurs, since there will always be one, is a matter of how well matched they are.

Aside from the fact that PoE can only use up to 16 cores anyway.

Depending on the build you play, your rig won't matter at all regardless, as the game engine isn't built to support tons and tons of projectiles + effects + debuffs and whatnot. I played the same spammy build in 1080p and 4k, tested with a GTX 1080 and my current RTX 4080; the results are the same in every scenario.

Edit (straight from Nvidia):

"
PhysX uses both the CPU and GPU, but generally the most computationally intensive operations are done on the GPU. A CPU upgrade could result in some performance improvement, as would a GPU upgrade, but the relative improvement is very dependent on the initial balance of the system. An optimized PC with the right mix of CPU to GPU horsepower will be the best balanced solution.

Source: https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/technologies/physx/faq/
Original creator of the "Poor Man's Ward Loop" build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3480922
Windows 11 Enterprise 64-bit, i7-13700K 5.30GHz
PNY RTX 4080 16GB GDDR6X, 32GB DDR5-6000 CL36
Samsung 980 Pro, Seasonic Prime GX 850W Gold
Last edited by BaumisMagicalWorld on Apr 10, 2024, 8:08:46 PM
"
Please stop with the ridiculous trolling. It only hinders a proper discussion.

I am not. You think nothing changed, but PoE is not trash game made in the garage like it was in 2011. It's modern beautiful and astonishing ARPG which requires a lot of system resources. Want to play modern and well-looking games on high res - buy gaming hardware. Easy.

"
You built a Mustang on steroids, with nitro injection and turbo

With mediocre performance per core and old DDR4 memory. Sure...

"
Silverpelt wrote:

Office operating system? What operating system do you think PoE is optimized to be played on?

ArchLinux for example. Windows is for offices and enterprise. Or if you're completely unexperienced user. There is no reason to use bloatware for gaming.
VK supported natively, DX12 via WINE / Proton.
Last edited by cursorTarget on Apr 10, 2024, 6:07:05 PM
"
cursorTarget wrote:
It's modern beautiful and astonishing ARPG which requires a lot of system resources.

LOL

"
cursorTarget wrote:
ArchLinux for example.

LOL
"
cursorTarget wrote:

"
Silverpelt wrote:

Office operating system? What operating system do you think PoE is optimized to be played on?

ArchLinux for example. Windows is for offices and enterprise. Or if you're completely unexperienced user. There is no reason to use bloatware for gaming.
VK supported natively, DX12 via WINE / Proton.

As far as I know, Linux isn't an officially supported to play PoE.

You should go to the PoE Linux forum, or discussion, since this is a PoE on Windows discussion and not many people to know how to use Linux to play games...

Btw, Linux is not a gaming OS. Windows is.

Oh, wait I'm an inexperienced user. I forgot.

Last edited by Silverpelt on Apr 10, 2024, 9:10:04 PM
"
Because GPUs are literally many times faster than CPUs at handling mass calculations?

That statement is highly innacurate. It depends on what calculations do you perform, how parallelizable is your algorithm and if you have a bottle neck with the bus communications with the vram and between the gpu and the ram. Even having several if statements in your code can complete broke the gpu performance because gpus have 1000 cores but are shit cores.
In gpu you are running de same code in many cores, you cannot have several threads with different programs running in parallel. In cpu you can have one thread for important task, like inputs and another threads running in the background with lower priority. In a gpu any calculations myst be performed between frame rates. Do something slightly wrong and you are f*

I have seen people making simulations in gpus because it is the fancy new way and then running the same simulation 10 times faster in a cpu. They start with a barebone algorithm and run very fast, but when it grows to something serious the performance drops faster than an SpaceX rocket.
They are still people running heavy computations in python and because it is too slow they say, why don't we run in a gpu? I heart they are fast.. Ok...
Last edited by Frostball73 on Apr 10, 2024, 7:32:36 PM
Recently updated my old workhorse of a PC I've had for almost 10 years. It was an old i7 paired with a 1070gtx when that stuff was new and shiny. Now I've got an i5 paired with a 4060ti. Old PC never had a problem with PoE, new one didn't either till this patch. Fired up the old one, and it was pretty unplayable. I see the arguments about PC hardware and stuff, don't care. Both PC's did handle PoE great, now they don't. Ain't a problem on my end. Please fix your game GGG.
"
Frostball73 wrote:
"

That statement is highly innacurate.

Says the guy writing:

"
Frostball73 wrote:
In a gpu any calculations myst be performed between frame rates.

What even is this mess supposed to mean? "between frame rates" - what?

Framerate is the term used for describing how many frames can be rendered per second. And a frame is produced in a so called "render pipeline" that works in a specific way. You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.

Watch this video and learn something: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8YtdC8mxTU

It's well presented and gives you a good but simplified idea of how this stuff works.

Oh, and you should also read this article: https://developer.nvidia.com/gpugems/gpugems/part-v-performance-and-practicalities/chapter-28-graphics-pipeline-performance

It's even funnier to me when you bring up tasks where the CPU excels at, as some kind of argument that you clearly picked off Google. Except, that's not what we are talking about here. But don't take it from me, let an Nvidia blog do that for you: Blog Post

And that's an old post that isn't accounting for current possible hardware scaling.
Original creator of the "Poor Man's Ward Loop" build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3480922
Windows 11 Enterprise 64-bit, i7-13700K 5.30GHz
PNY RTX 4080 16GB GDDR6X, 32GB DDR5-6000 CL36
Samsung 980 Pro, Seasonic Prime GX 850W Gold
Last edited by BaumisMagicalWorld on Apr 10, 2024, 8:01:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info