Can someone explain why they didn't convert master missions to scarabs in Standard?

"
Aynix wrote:
"
MLGonthorian wrote:

So, 2% multiplied by 104% equals 0.0208, or you can express it as 2.08%.)

Your math killed me ^ ^ Its 104% MORE. What you shown is 4% more.

You know what's funny? Even if my math is incorrect, explain why I have all the nodes allocated right now and the Einhar mission is not proccing. I'll wait.
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Standard>Leagues✨🌀🔰🔶🔷
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Make trade like the Grand Exchange from RuneScape✨🌀🔰🔶🔷

Let us zoom out more. Bring back: 32:9, Heist Alt Quality Gems, Sextants, Gear Enchanting, Prophecy, Perandus, Metamorph, Scourge, Sentinel, Kalandra & Crucible. Stop removing content from the game.
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:
"
MLGonthorian wrote:

You know what's funny? Even if my math is incorrect, explain why I have all the nodes allocated right now and the Einhar mission is not proccing. I'll wait.

Because 104% more than 2, is little over 4%. Its still very low chance.
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:
"
MLGonthorian wrote:

Because 104% more than 2, is little over 4%. Its still very low chance.

EXACTLY. So we're on the same page then. The increased chance for Einhar mission passives on the Atlas tree doesn't do much. You need the scarab. They replaced the missions that were easily obtainable with a scarab that is NOT easily obtainable and gated it behind heavy RNG and trade friction. Less agency, less choice, worse system.
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Standard>Leagues✨🌀🔰🔶🔷
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Make trade like the Grand Exchange from RuneScape✨🌀🔰🔶🔷

Let us zoom out more. Bring back: 32:9, Heist Alt Quality Gems, Sextants, Gear Enchanting, Prophecy, Perandus, Metamorph, Scourge, Sentinel, Kalandra & Crucible. Stop removing content from the game.
Yeah it does seem that GGG does not care about standard, they should be great full that people still play there game in STD when new leagues are crap.
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
Someone said once that Standard is the wild west of PoE. I don't think there's a better way of putting it. GGG doesn't meddle in standard other than every 4 ish months when they patch for the incoming league.

I'm back in standard after affliction and it just feels sad. You can go hours without even seeing a single comment on G1. That's as dead as it's ever been.

Addressing OP's point though, it is a shame that the master missions didn't get some love. I had what felt like an infinite supply of Eihnar and Alva missions. Having those just deleted is a little sucky.
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
Why not inport the best leagues that everyone likes in standard
for us to still play instead of just deleting them and let us have fun, i dont freaking get why they wont do that. I think that they think everyone will love all these new leagues and it seems that its been the opposite for quite some time minus the past league.
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
Last edited by Romulas19 on Apr 1, 2024, 4:26:07 PM
"
Aynix wrote:
"
MLGonthorian wrote:

its not even increased or more, the nodes literally say "you maps have +20% chance to contain einhar".

its not an increase on a base chance, its a flat + to chance like +2% to critical strike chance on a crit strikes gem. that doesnt give you an increased 2% of your base crit chance, it just adds the flat 2% chance to your base.

theres 11 nodes, 6 of them you go through just pathing along because theyre on the travel through nodes you take if you go left from the start anyway. the other 5 are located at 2 different wheels.

if he has them specced and hes not getting einhar in his maps either its bugged or hes doing it wrong.

the other masters dont have a chance to spawn instead of einhar because multiple masters can now spawn in a map, if you have 100% chance for niko and 100% chance for einhar ull get both niko and einhar in every map.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

the other masters dont have a chance to spawn instead of einhar because multiple masters can now spawn in a map, if you have 100% chance for niko and 100% chance for einhar ull get both niko and einhar in every map.

Have you tested it or you just assume it works like this?
I'm not so annoyed about the master missions being removed, this was documented.

What was not documented was the removal of Imbued Map crafts from the map device.

(They were special blue ones, obtained from old harvest crafts, like map contains 4 additional harbys etc)

These were removed without being documented in the patch notes.

This pissed me off big time.
Last edited by IrishRoyal on Apr 2, 2024, 6:25:00 AM
"

You can no longer earn Einhar, Alva, Jun or Niko Master Missions, and the accessibility to these Masters has been significantly increased with changes to the Atlas Passive Tree. Kirac still has Missions available for you, though you no longer earn one Kirac Mission each day after unlocking the Atlas.

You can now encounter multiple Masters in a single zone.

from wiki. its also how they said it would work in multiple interviews leading up to the release. masters are not exclusive any more, theyre now the same as other content where you can have tormented spirits and essence mobs in the same zone, and if you spec both you get both at the % chance you spec into, which seems to go over 100% for most main content now.

thats an in game screenshot of my atlas rundown, ive got +104% chance to find a breach in my maps, so every map i run has at least 1 breach without needing any sextants. i also have over 100% chance to get an abyss, go i get 1 of those every map too.

it doesnt say 104% increased chance, it says +104% chance which is adding to the base chance. i use a 2 breach scarab and a 1 abyss scarab and i end up with a minimum of 2 abysses and 3 breaches in every map.

its exactly the same wording on the masters on the passive nodes, +X% chance.

this is from my second atlas tree for incursion and essence farming...

my maps "contain alva". not a % chance to, they just contain her cause vie gone over 100% chance.

where guessing comes in is i believe the reason it says my maps contain alva vs 104% chance to contain a breach is that alva is either there or not, where as a breach if you have 104% chance you are guaranteed 1 and probably then have a 4% chance to get a second one. thats how going over 100% chance to spawn content that can be spawned multiple times has worked in the past on the atlas. but that bit is a guess.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info