Just gave buddy all my stuff. Shortest league Iv ever played

There's some really good potential, like pumping up mods and getting a double fracture, but nothing that really makes me want to bother. Just made my second atlas tree and I'm having fun with Ritual. I want to try strongboxes with the "less common types" mod and maybe harbinger with the "all shards drop as one type" scarab for funzies but I'm done other than that. This league isn't for me and neither are T17s. Stopping at 16 challenges.
League is so boring, I just hit t16's and logged out. First time in a long time i've left League start weekend below level 90. Added difficulty with no reward, I've almost completed the atlas and the best "upside" I've gotten is 1% chance for a Vaal orb to drop. Whereas the downsides are 75% block, extreme levels of HP, etc. Seems like a high risk no reward league

Edit: This is not even mentioning Delirium orb nerfs, the laughable Scarab drop rate (Look up the posts of people with thousands on Standard). What are we even supposed to juice in end game?
Last edited by Wondahbread on Apr 1, 2024, 12:34:43 AM
"
Pashid wrote:
cause there are no crazy currency showers, or easy tota currency? Quite a big change for most players that they suddenly have to actually play the game again in order to get something done, but people already mentioned that 2 months into the affliction league hoho

No. Cause its shit. If they would remove the league entirely and let people do normal maps with new scarabs that would already be huge improvement. Thats how bad it is.
Last edited by Aynix on Apr 1, 2024, 3:38:28 AM
"
Shortest league for me since the inception of leagues, done on day 3. It's so bad.
The Cemetery crafting is a complete joke, and the piddly rewards in exchange for juiced rare mobs lol I just cant any more.

This game is so anti fun. I havnt bought a supporter pack in so long, and the trend will continue apparently. Its like they dont want my money.

Mark roberts wants people to pay attention when they game.

That means he will continue making the game harder and less fun.

He cant change his mind about that as he done that for ages now and his comments after is always the same.

why did I do that?
"
skjutengris wrote:
"
Shortest league for me since the inception of leagues, done on day 3. It's so bad.
The Cemetery crafting is a complete joke, and the piddly rewards in exchange for juiced rare mobs lol I just cant any more.

This game is so anti fun. I havnt bought a supporter pack in so long, and the trend will continue apparently. Its like they dont want my money.

And I want him to pay attention to retention of this league, because its already worst in history. If he wants to make game for 5% of the playerbase, he better find a way to milk them HARD if he wants to keep this game alive.
"
Aynix wrote:
"
Pashid wrote:
cause there are no crazy currency showers, or easy tota currency? Quite a big change for most players that they suddenly have to actually play the game again in order to get something done, but people already mentioned that 2 months into the affliction league hoho

No. Cause its shit. If they would remove the league entirely and let people do normal maps with new scarabs that would already be huge improvement. Thats how bad it is.

soo fking true. removing league will make a better league. this league is soo bad, and god have mercy on new ppl that wanted to test poe this league.
"
skjutengris wrote:
"

That means he will continue making the game harder and less fun.

He cant change his mind about that as he done that for ages now and his comments after is always the same.

why did I do that?

Hard to pay attention.... with that cluster of annimations on screen, you cant see anything a anyway.
I just hit maps, and give up.... 0 rewards just makes mapping harder.
Last edited by delixo on Apr 1, 2024, 5:47:48 AM
It's ironic, because I really wanted to play this league no matter how good or bad the new league mechanics were. I really love 'base' Path of Exile, and quite often play it just for the base game ignoring the latest mechanics. For example, I played TOTA for almost three months, and loved every second of it without ever trying TOTA mechanics itself.

And then I found out that you can't skip the new mechanics. And on top of that even streamers complaining that monsters are overbuffed. I still very much see myself playing it if they just make it optional. Otherwise - see you next league. Maybe.
"
cvrpapc wrote:
If I may...

My major complaint is that the league mechanic in maps is there is no way to skip it. The mobs are so juiced even in yellow maps I find myself running past some elites.

Folks need to remember... it's like this in *every single league* for the first week or two.

Every

Single

League.

GGG will make the 'new' content so insanely juiced only the dedicated nolife chinbeards who have made an occupation of the game can reach the 'endgame' content and be able to stand there, pudgy arms raised over their head, and jiggle their bellies while they gasp in triumph.

Then they'll tone it down so that those of us with jobs, families, lives outside the game can actually get through it.

-BUT-

Occasionally the overall mechanic of the league is so horribly bad that there is no saving it (Kalandra) or so mind bogglingly out of whack (Archnem when it was made core) that it drives the players away. It'll take them a week reviewing the mechanic, and trying their best to ignore player feedback, before they try to alter the stats.
But the core of the league mechanic never changes.

So we're stuck with this unwieldy, klunky mechanic and overall design for the next three months, no matter how they tune the mobs or drops. By the time they actually figure out how to make it rewarding most of the players will be gone, waiting for the next league.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
hoho let us know how long your buddy makes it.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
Last edited by xPiranha on Apr 1, 2024, 6:51:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info