Insane Latency Spikes and Game Crashes

Same issue for me.
Any maps that have any sort of juice absolutely unplayable.
Running 4060.
Tried all specs down.
Optimised for performance.
Updated driver.
Tried everything and it's completely ruining this league on a build I'm really enjoying as well.
I had no issues in 3.23 though on Max Specs? Nfi what's going on...
Same here. Doesn't matter which gateway I select. I rubberband like crazy then it kicks me out to login screen. Completely unplayable. Never had these issues before 3.24. GGG acknowledged issues with Xbox & Sony servers yesterday but I still haven't seen anything regarding PC. Great way to kill our league launch buzz...
I have had the same problem for many seasons, and haven't found a solution, I have a good computer and good internet, and have tried lots of things.

At league start 3.24 I still had problems, and the game was still unplayable.

I searched the web, and after long searches, i found something, and after following this video/guide, I no longer have problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=9_L0VdQFQbc
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/t1d01u/performance_guide_secrets_of_stuttering_how_i/

I think most people here cannot distinguish between hardware cause and connectivity cause. For example the post above me, that is categorized into hardware bottleneck, by either CPU or GPU or both.

But I believe the core topic here should be network related issues. Of course I have not read every single post so if the amount of wrong posts are more than the correct ones, then I could be the wrong one in the end, by logic.

Anyways to address the issues, if I press F1 to see the diagnostics, the only bar thats indistinguishable from a seismic meter in a level 10 earthquake is the latency bar. As many have pointed out, if you enter a map, if its good its good. That is due the logged fact which you can find in the logs, when you get in a new map you connect to a new IP, which I think is bad for us as gamers. (If I get a good server at login, just let me stay there??)

At the current experience, there is no fix. If you get a bad IP, (god knows how many there are) the latency either:
1) steady rise from 30 to 30,000ms until you either disconnect or snap back into dear life miraculously.
2) goes from 30ms to 300ms and back to 30ms, with a frequency of 10 times per second.

I have also noticed that, in bad servers, latency will already go up even standing still, but pressing anything or clicking anything will worsen the situation even more. It's like the server is already on the brink of exploding and inputting any stimulus is like pouring oil on the fire.
Yeah dudes, ever since this patch my game crashes half the time when I change instances, or just randomly. I was able to go for a little while, but I keep crashing in the sarn encampment. Hope the game is fixed soon! I wish I could play it on my days off, but sometimes a great game just don't work :p
tested on multiple servers (europe)
ping triples+ in some instances and some instances returns to normal ping. (Same server)
Goes to 250+ ping which is not good. (update now 350+ ping)
Which is instanced based, leads me to believe it's not the servers.
I have to make new instances sometimes takes up to 5 tries, don't remember how many times exactly.. to get a good one. Sometimes just a second new instance 50% of the time on every instance.
A couple people saying this outside the forums too.

League mechanic screwed by this ? don't know, maybe, still low lvl, maps ?
Last edited by FARIS2 on Apr 3, 2024, 12:11:32 PM
same thing for me, cant find a stable instance. Funny thing is, worked fine the first days of the league :(

https://pastebin.com/brW3Rizt
Yeah exactly the same for me as well. Worked somewhat alright the first couple days. Since yesterday infinite latency issue has spawned. Why since yesterday and not start of league or ever since I started playing is something I'll never understand.

But I think it has to do with traffic. GGG is clearly getting more POE players so they have to expand their servers and add more. They have to spread out their servers and stop using physical servers, use virtual servers instead.

And finally as someone in the previous reply mentioned, please find an alternate solution to the 'new IP for ever instance' issue, at the very least.
I'm having the same problem people are desribing here
Just changed to another server and the issue is gone.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info