New and Changed Scarabs in Path of Exile: Necropolis

Pog
"

Wait, youre implying you can use 2 identical ultimatum of bribing scarabs at once for double effect of it?

Yes. Up to their own limit. That's why you can for example get 8 breaches at once with the most common Breach scarabs since they have a limit of 4 and give 2 breaches each.
Last edited by plushysheep on Mar 27, 2024, 6:01:53 PM
In Octavian we trust.

Breach has been weak for a while. The scarabs look like a nice buff to breach.

I like how we can either choose to go hard into 1 content or just put a bunch of different content for more rares.

Really cool that there are more options.
So I see a lot of people asking for more map device slots to fit more scarabs or calling this a nerf, but since scarabs stack and some of them have limits higher than one - can you use multiple scarabs from a single stack in your map device? For example, if you use all four Harbinger scarabs but have a full stack of the regular scarab (the one that looks rusted), does your device use that one four times for +12 Harbs PLUS the bonuses from the other scarabs?

It'd feel really weird to split stacks in order to take advantage of limits, so I'm guessing you can use more than one scarab from a stack but it isn't really clear just from this preview. Might be a "try it and see" scenario. But if this is how it works, the new scarabs might be a lot more powerful than they're getting credit for.
Going to add my voice to the chorus of "what about heist scarabs?"

It's really odd to see every league on the atlas get reworked except heist, specifically - and we also lose sextant support.

This leaves us with just the map device option.
"
Senyth wrote:
So I see a lot of people asking for more map device slots to fit more scarabs or calling this a nerf, but since scarabs stack and some of them have limits higher than one - can you use multiple scarabs from a single stack in your map device? For example, if you use all four Harbinger scarabs but have a full stack of the regular scarab (the one that looks rusted), does your device use that one four times for +12 Harbs PLUS the bonuses from the other scarabs?

It'd feel really weird to split stacks in order to take advantage of limits, so I'm guessing you can use more than one scarab from a stack but it isn't really clear just from this preview. Might be a "try it and see" scenario. But if this is how it works, the new scarabs might be a lot more powerful than they're getting credit for.
no it will only take 1 scarab from the stack. it's 4 scarab max per map
"
spokipo wrote:
Bye Bye MF :(

"
MLGonthorian wrote:
These are just sextants with extra steps. How are people not seeing through what's really happening with this? The sextants existed OUTSIDE of the map device, it gave you 4 different modifiers you could add to your maps on the watchstones. That means you got 4 modifiers from your sextants AND 4 modifiers from your scarabs. You removed this and now replaced it with more item clutter via scarabs, yet we still only have 4 slots for scarabs on the map device. So we're getting worse modifiers on scarabs to accommodate the sextant mechanic you removed, yet we only have 4 slots on the map device to use the scarabs. How is no one commenting on this? I'm genuinely asking. I looked through the scarabs, in what way is this a better system than the sextants??

Also, why did prophecies have to get removed if they accomplished a similar goal, you could roll prophecies for frogs, rats, tempests. Now you can't roll for frogs or rats. Tempests you can only get as a rare occurrence off of the map mods you have to pay for. It's going backwards in terms of options.

Why did Metamorph have to get removed? That was one of the few fun mechanics to run on a map. I don't understand what's happening anymore. This is just sad...

People are still impressed, but haven't realized what was taken away from them and it's a huge nerf.

You both just didnt take into consideration that ggg buffed atlas tree massively. afterall its a W
We NEED heist scarabs, at least 1 (the contracts implicts), unless contracts will have implicts by default (i doubt)
some of those scarabs are nuts, but then i remember that it comes at the cost master missions and sextants. do they make up for the loss of sextants? probably not tbh. previously you had 4 watchstones and 4 slots for frags and based on what im seeing, im not sure scarabs have been buffed enough to make up for cutting the number of mapping buffs you can have active at one time by 50%. i hope its less of an issue than it appears like it might be.
"
Fleezblarp wrote:
some of those scarabs are nuts, but then i remember that it comes at the cost master missions and sextants. do they make up for the loss of sextants? probably not tbh. previously you had 4 watchstones and 4 slots for frags and based on what im seeing, im not sure scarabs have been buffed enough to make up for cutting the number of mapping buffs you can have active at one time by 50%. i hope its less of an issue than it appears like it might be.

Don't forget that this change is not in a vacuum. Multiple masters possible for your maps, easy 100% access for almost every league mechanic, scarabs are supposedly dropping very frequently and the rarer ones are stronger than old sextant mods.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info