This patch invalidates the Baron, please do not forget about it.

+1, get this done GGG
+1
are you saying it wasn't already invalid before this patch?
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
I remember when the Necro had +2 to all minion gems in the Ascendancy. It has been a downhill from there.
Personally the leech from minions won't matter much. At least with baron you would be str stacking and have a large hp pool, and therefore larger leech caps, higher leech rate, that kind of thing; yet, on a normal hp build no amount of minion damage would make it feel strong in my opinion.

As a necro enjoyer, it was nice not having to slot in a guard skill because I had bone armor, now I need to socket two gems to get something like steelskin for myself that has the same functionality as LMB bone armor.

But if I go all out and put withering step/guard-skill/convocation in a 4link lose mundo damage but gets the withered stacks out their for the minions. Not that necromancers poison minions need withering step anymore, but it is a thought about the poor use cases for automation support. Guess I could put phase run in their, why not.

it is kind of insulting to baron players that their unique mechanic gets diluted, but at the end of the day the leech was never that strong. They really should update the baron a bit, still playable, but is a huge bait for most players with the amount of investment it really needs.

I think minion builds in general are going to suffer in the next league, they have lost so much utility over the years, especially permanent minion builds.

Edit: just wanted to say the baron is a fun item, I think it is one of the classic poe uniques that got left behind despite being a really solid design choice. I just think the helmet slot is unfortunately hugely contested for minion users, so having something that is decent isn't enough in the end game for a lot of players.
Last edited by roundishcap on Mar 25, 2024, 11:39:09 PM
"
roundishcap wrote:
Personally the leech from minions won't matter much. At least with baron you would be str stacking and have a large hp pool, and therefore larger leech caps, higher leech rate, that kind of thing; yet, on a normal hp build no amount of minion damage would make it feel strong in my opinion.

As a necro enjoyer, it was nice not having to slot in a guard skill because I had bone armor, now I need to socket two gems to get something like steelskin for myself that has the same functionality as LMB bone armor.

But if I go all out and put withering step/guard-skill/convocation in a 4link lose mundo damage but gets the withered stacks out their for the minions. Not that necromancers poison minions need withering step anymore, but it is a thought about the poor use cases for automation support. Guess I could put phase run in their, why not.

it is kind of insulting to baron players that their unique mechanic gets diluted, but at the end of the day the leech was never that strong. They really should update the baron a bit, still playable, but is a huge bait for most players with the amount of investment it really needs.

I think minion builds in general are going to suffer in the next league, they have lost so much utility over the years, especially permanent minion builds.

Edit: just wanted to say the baron is a fun item, I think it is one of the classic poe uniques that got left behind despite being a really solid design choice. I just think the helmet slot is unfortunately hugely contested for minion users, so having something that is decent isn't enough in the end game for a lot of players.

I think they should just bring back legacy Baron, then it would be strong again, don't mind if they nerf the drop rate just for this.
+1
would be a welcome change!
10%-20% instant leech and +level of all zombie gems would make it decent.
Last edited by 6_din_49 on Mar 26, 2024, 4:20:21 AM
Revert +1 zombie to per 300 str instead of 500, and add flat str back would be cool enough
+1
IGN: NECRO_NINE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info