After Harvest, I just can't look forward to new crafting leagues

While I am probably gonna play this upcoming league, I feel no desire to engage with the crafting aspects it offers outside of what's necessary to complete challenges.

After what happened with Harvest league, being returned to the game and then gutted to uselessness for poor players, it's quite clear that any crafting league going forward will either not be added to the game at all (see Sentinel, Kalandra and Crucible) or it'll only be useful for rich players only (see Harvest).

There's so much potential in all of these leagues to make crafting more accessible to players who don't have mountains of divines on hand, but every time GGG rolls them out, they eventually take them away. So why engage in it? Why torture yourself with the knowledge that whatever crazy thing you make is going to get put into dumpster league (standard) that you have no interest in interacting with, and the means of crafting that gear is either removed permanently from the game or nerfed so hard it's no longer useful?

And let's not kid ourselves. After what was revealed in the stream yesterday, there's no chance in hell it's going core.

Honestly, I wish these kinds of leagues get rolled exclusively into SSF if they don't get added to the rest of the game. Seems like the perfect tool for a mode where the most important feature of the game (trading) is inaccessible.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Mar 22, 2024, 12:55:23 PM
Last bumped on Apr 21, 2024, 12:24:01 PM
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
While I am probably gonna play this upcoming league, I feel no desire to engage with the crafting aspects it offers outside of what's necessary to complete challenges.

After what happened with Harvest league, being returned to the game and then gutted to uselessness for poor players, it's quite clear that any crafting league going forward will either not be added to the game at all (see Sentinel, Kalandra and Crucible) or it'll only be useful for rich players only (see Harvest).

There's so much potential in all of these leagues to make crafting more accessible to players who don't have mountains of divines on hand, but every time GGG rolls them out, they eventually take them away. So why engage in it? Why torture yourself with the knowledge that whatever crazy thing you make is going to get put into dumpster league (standard) that you have no interest in interacting with, and the means of crafting that gear is either removed permanently from the game or nerfed so hard it's no longer useful?

And let's not kid ourselves. After what was revealed in the stream yesterday, there's no chance in hell it's going core.

Honestly, I wish these kinds of leagues get rolled exclusively into SSF if they don't get added to the rest of the game. Seems like the perfect tool for a mode where the most important feature of the game (trading) is inaccessible.

I have this exact same problem so there's at least two of us. Once I know something wont be a part of the game I instantly can't give a shit about it any more. I think its a part of my loss aversion, coupled with me not being "built" to play on GGG's 3 month "then stop caring about your character/build/items" sort of schedule.

The exception to this is when i can tell myself that I will use the items in standard as part of a longer term character. This is why I spend the entire Crucible league crafting very specific things onto very specific bases that excited my imagination and made me want to log in every night for the entire league.

Problem is this doesn't really solve the problem, its a two edged sword because most leagues do not provide this motivation or anything close to it. at least not in a way that makes it possible to form my own goals that are defined and attainable EVEN IN RUTHLESS as Crucible league was for me. (actually might be my favorite league ever).

I'm currently trying to talk myself into caring about Necropolis due to this; like "what can I do that will make this crafting matter to me when this crafting gets deleted". Knowing there will be no mastery or "practice" to it for long term interaction because crafting always gets deleted or ruined and made "for TFT types". I usually love crafting leagues but the games recent direction of league content being disposable is really very good "anti-hype". I'm sure I'll play to sus it out, but who knows for how long.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by alhazred70 on Mar 23, 2024, 2:18:42 AM
in my opinion i dont see any reason it wont go to core. i dont see too much power creep, probably ggg would make take it off from the game at the end of the league as usual, tweak it and bring it back into core in a different league.

pretty sure the gear gained in this league wont be poofed as it doesnt utilize any non standard item slots.

that said, i dont think this league has anything that entices me to play YET. i dont see anything that i want from the league that i cant get from std.

still will see what GGG teases.

the way i see necropolis is its uses "wildwood wisps" but instead of MF, you get craft options similar to harvest seeds.

if i can craft jewels i might be enticed to play

that said, i dont consider crafting as borrowed power but instead temporary league mechanic.

its works exactly as intended and its up to GGG to tweak it to make it go core OR removed from the game.

i think GGG put so much effort into it that they should make it go core

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by exsea on Mar 23, 2024, 2:12:05 AM
"
exsea wrote:
in my opinion i dont see any reason it wont go to core. i dont see too much power creep, probably ggg would make take it off from the game at the end of the league as usual, tweak it and bring it back into core in a different league.

pretty sure the gear gained in this league wont be poofed as it doesnt utilize any non standard item slots.

that said, i dont think this league has anything that entices me to play YET. i dont see anything that i want from the league that i cant get from std.

still will see what GGG teases.

the way i see necropolis is its uses "wildwood wisps" but instead of MF, you get craft options similar to harvest seeds.

if i can craft jewels i might be enticed to play

that said, i dont consider crafting as borrowed power but instead temporary league mechanic.

its works exactly as intended and its up to GGG to tweak it to make it go core OR removed from the game.

i think GGG put so much effort into it that they should make it go core

I guess its fair to say they didn't show anything busted so maybe it can go core. That said their record on crafting systems that average players can use is that they get nuked from orbit or made into crafting systems for players of TFT.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by alhazred70 on Mar 23, 2024, 2:16:35 AM
Honestly it looks like neat week one crafting with amazing Rog level results, just with the opportunity to target desired stats/items.
Unless they have some late game options to craft influenced or even double influenced items with target stats.
At least it's a pretty good ssf banger league for sure.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
It's fun to nibble and find new ways to manipulate the crafting system to the best of your ability. It's a game.

In the end standard doesn't matter for 99% of the players and in general players who are new start crafting because of the league mechanics. The same way how when Harvest came out, a lot of people claimed to have their first crafts done because of it.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
It's fun to nibble and find new ways to manipulate the crafting system to the best of your ability. It's a game.

In the end standard doesn't matter for 99% of the players and in general players who are new start crafting because of the league mechanics. The same way how when Harvest came out, a lot of people claimed to have their first crafts done because of it.

i got quite a good chest/gloves and tons of jewels.

i avoid crafting like the plague but harvest gave me the tools to craft them. after harvest is gutted i have no interest in crafting.

i might go into this league if jewel crafting is a thing tho i doubt ggg wants to give easy jewel crafting
[Removed by Support]
"
exsea wrote:

i got quite a good chest/gloves and tons of jewels.

i avoid crafting like the plague but harvest gave me the tools to craft them. after harvest is gutted i have no interest in crafting.

i might go into this league if jewel crafting is a thing tho i doubt ggg wants to give easy jewel crafting

Jewel crafting in all these league mechanics is the same, it seems like you're just not happy with your margins.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
New crafting system seems closer to delve than anything else. One thing I noticed in the rare items they showed off was that they seemed to have influenced mods on them, even though the items themselves weren't influenced? So there's more to it than just generic rare item mods.
"
New crafting system seems closer to delve than anything else. One thing I noticed in the rare items they showed off was that they seemed to have influenced mods on them, even though the items themselves weren't influenced? So there's more to it than just generic rare item mods.

Idk if they are influenced, could be special necropolis only mods. Sentinel recombinators also had special mods such as level 4 enlighten support in gloves or 1-5 lighning damage per 10 INT on boots.

It is indeed like delve except your "resonator" has like 25 slots instead of just four. This needs to be playtested once the league is actually out cos this mechanic could be anywhere between total shit and not worth your time up until basically new 3.13 Harvest where everybody can just get a mirror-tier item with every affix maxed out on its tier.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info