They don't want zoomer gameplay it's glorious.

Stay here if you want that I on the other hand want to actually use my brain.

You will die a lot in POE 2 oh and I do mean a lot and I look forward to the exhilaration of most of you going I'm leaving while writing a giant essay.

Won't be soon sure but the future is nice.

/Walrus.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last bumped on Mar 26, 2024, 12:30:09 PM
Agreed.
I've said as much here
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3398993
Game will still be easy, just slow.

People acting like PoE 2 will be like Dark Souls lmao
"
They don't want zoomer gameplay it's glorious.

Praise the lord and all the other gods. If this turns out to be true :)

I too want a game with actual mechanics besides random oneshots and screenwide deaths fields for the enemies. Don't need to go all Elden Ring on us, but please let us SEE THE GAME at least, and actually PLAY it.

Still cautiously optimistic for POE 2. But like always, the proof is in the pudding.
"
Wondahbread wrote:
Game will still be easy, just slow.

People acting like PoE 2 will be like Dark Souls lmao

If not even on the same speed after a couple of leagues or once you reach more than just some randomly selected showcase gear
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Good enjoy your dead game.
"
valarias wrote:
Good enjoy your dead game.

Dead? PoE 1 being dead for the past what 10 years? 12 years? 15 years? Same result in poe 2? PoE 2 dead in X years Y years? Please.

You can do better then that.

We've seen it all lmao

Now, everybody from the 313 / Put your motherfuckin' hands up and follow me! While he stands here typing notice how his hands are shaking!
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Mar 22, 2024, 3:19:01 AM
I don't see the "slower gameplay". I see faster reflexes and reaction time having more role, not less, since a lot of defences are no longer automated or implied. You actually have to raise your shield, at the correct time, to block incoming attacks and spells.

Likewise, as Jonathan said, there will be mobs who block 90% of your attacks/spells in a directional way. You have to watch their animations to see when they briefly lower their shield or move it away from their body a bit so you can time your approach and attack/combo move.

If your connection is not very good, this won't give you any more peace of mind than bad ping does in current PoE 1, where you have "block chance" as a passive or implied layer of defence, and don't have to manually block anything, but cant see what's going on in the screen.

The only thing that will be different is hopefully the scope and scale of fights will be more focused, and crap like infinite-range sirus beams from offscreen won't be necessary.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
Stay here if you want that I on the other hand want to actually use my brain.

You will die a lot in POE 2 oh and I do mean a lot and I look forward to the exhilaration of most of you going I'm leaving while writing a giant essay.

Won't be soon sure but the future is nice.

/Walrus.

Funny you say that considering your past (yes, we remember)
"
You will die a lot in POE 2 oh and I do mean a lot

No. Melee will die A LOT, a whole lot more than they already do in POE1 while casters and ranged kite stuff around while still doing damage.

POE2 will be a bigger caster/ranged dominance clown fiesta than POE1 ever was.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info