Tornado Shot Nerfs

Well boys, it was nice while it lasted. They have finally gone ahead and nerfed tornado shot into oblivion in the coming patch, as well as snipers mark. No more zoom zoom boom boom XD.

Sniper's Mark: Now causes Cursed Enemies to take 10% increased Damage from Projectile Hits at gem level 1 (unchanged), scaling up to 29% at gem level 20 (previously 35%). Projectiles which Hit Cursed Enemies now Split towards 2 additional targets at all gem levels (previously 2 at gem level 1, scaling up to 4 at gem level 20).

Tornado Shot: Now has an Attack Speed Multiplier of 80% of base (previously 100%), and now uses the same bow animation as the Puncture Skill Gem. It now has a Mana Cost of 10 at gem level 1 (previously 8), scaling up to 12 at gem level 20 (previously 10). Quality now provides 0-40% increased Projectile Speed instead of "Fires +0-1 secondary Projectile".
Last bumped on Mar 22, 2024, 6:34:00 PM
Its ofc not "nerfed into oblivion" but now it will actually take some investment to be a good mapper instead being day 1 to day 99 build.
So tornado shot gets a negative attack speed mult, a worse animation, like 10% less damage from the mark, less projectiles for projectile speed from quality. oh and a 2 mana cost increase.

Seems rough.

How important was that +1 proj, I never played the skill.
Oh no, a slight nerf to TS clearspeed. How's the weather?

A 20% damage nerf isn't going to do shit to reduce the skill's ability to delete 3 screens of white/blue mobs with one shot.

Deadeye is untouched too.

Nothing will change.
"
suszterpatt wrote:
A 20% damage nerf isn't going to do shit to reduce the skill's ability to delete 3 screens of white/blue mobs with one shot.

Deadeye is untouched too.

Nothing will change.

Any bow skill of this "type" can do that. Now TS is just brought closer to things like Lightning Arrow or Ice Shot instead being on another level beyond anything available.
it's fine, you just need a better weapon than before
d:-D*
"
roundishcap wrote:
So tornado shot gets a negative attack speed mult, a worse animation, like 10% less damage from the mark, less projectiles for projectile speed from quality. oh and a 2 mana cost increase.

Seems rough.

How important was that +1 proj, I never played the skill.

Tshot shotgunned, so every proj was a huge increase in damage. However, Deadeye + the tree + 1 on a quiver put you at 6 proj, 7 with normal 20% qual. So the 1 less proj isn't that insane of a nerf.

The AS nerf is going to feel a bit annoying, as well as a ~20% dmg nerf.

Tshot will still be very good though. And honestly there's more of a reason to go into other bow skills now, since before it was almost always a case of 'why not just Tshot'.
you all forget the HUGE buff coming from these new crafted weapons and items....you can bet there's gonna be more projectiles and more speed somewhere else. TS will end up being exactly the same as it was.
pff this is terrible.... if i shot slower and looks boring this will be my last time, i have the crucible loath but this is shit anyway.

Our survivability is very low and now we get this? in std is even worse this nerf

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info