Melee changes in Necropolis?

"
Aynix wrote:
"
I simply would like it to get the same love that ranged sees.

Yes it sure got a lot of love this patch. Especially TS.
Wait... What love did my build get? What TS are you talking about and what does it have to do with me? This post makes no sense.
anyx after 10 pages has still not yet understood that league starter is the game for most people. self centered ?
the new meme. you can play melee but after you already finished the entire game (except ubers). all voidstone, all map completion. FASCINATING GAMEPLAY.

anyway, melee still 10% only in this game. but i am sure someone will twist this as a player problem. rofl.

10% guys.

10% !

Last edited by SerialF on Mar 24, 2024, 3:55:31 AM
"
SerialF wrote:
anyx after 10 pages has still not yet understood that league starter is the game for most people. self centered ?

And you have that info from? Did you make a poll and asked every single PoE player or you just assuming that because you are in that group? Self centered?

"
Sameen_Shaw wrote:

Your slam character literally has 80% war cry speed and 40% cdr and you are crit.

And guess what. It took me whooping 6 points to get it. God damn, what an insane point investment! YOu guys acting like you need to waste 50 levels to get some Warcry stuff. If you are using 2h weapons you will path to DUealist area for 2h Nodes anyway.
Last edited by Aynix on Mar 24, 2024, 4:18:32 AM
"
SerialF wrote:
anyx after 10 pages has still not yet understood that league starter is the game for most people.

What exactly does "league starter" even mean to you? To be stuck on a gear level for white or low yellow maps for eternity? Cause that's roughly what i see when i look at the profiles of people complaining here. Stuck at a gear level you can surpass in like 12 hours of net playtime with a minimum amount of knowledge and yet they are acting like they know it all.
Last edited by Baharoth15 on Mar 24, 2024, 5:07:03 AM
Here is the thing... both facts can be true at the same time. Melee is playable and melee isn't in a great spot.

This game has had so much power creep over the years that yeah... of course you can throw money at it and it will work. But that doesn't mean that the archetype feels great to play as a whole.

I've been playing melee since the game started out and I've done most of the content in SSF aside from ubers which is fine.

It's very evident that GGG doesn't really understand or care for that matter about what would make melee are more entertaining archetype to play. Whether that be a financial reason or creative reason or it just not a big priority to work on something with low resources available, who knows.
"
e1337donkey wrote:
But that doesn't mean that the archetype feels great to play as a whole.

Rework those damn melee totems to not be mandatory buff sticks and melee will feel great. Thats all what it needs.
People need to get used to the fact that not every skill needs to be "league starter viable". Game is not balanced around "league starter gear". Game is balanced around well built, well geared builds. Cant reach that point? Too bad, work on yourself instead demanding game to be balanced around you.
Last edited by Aynix on Mar 24, 2024, 5:34:15 AM
"
Aynix wrote:
Rework those damn melee totems to not be mandatory buff sticks and melee will feel great. Thats all what it needs.
People need to get used to the fact that not every skill needs to be "league starter viable". Game is not balanced around "league starter gear". Game is balanced around well built, well geared builds. Cant reach that point? Too bad, work on yourself instead demanding game to be balanced around you.

Removing the totems is just step one, and should've been done a long time ago.

But me and you have been down this melee debate many times before. And where we differ the most, is when we are discussing leveling, gearing and scaling. I think those three factors are very important factors when it comes to balance, not just the potential of a build. You clearly don't, and that's OK.

---

That said, my biggest problem with melee as a whole, is rather personal and subjective. No matter what skill I try to build around (and I've probably tried them all), the build automatically feels like crap to play if the attack speed is slower than 4 APS. And while that is a "me" problem, I know of many players in the same shoes. So maybe it's possible to do something with certain design choices, animations or mechanics here.

---

I'm a melee lover. And the most fun builds I've ever played? Well, fast moving, fast attacking builds like Lightning Strike before the nerf, Frost Blades, my Staff crit non-Shockwave cycloner I did back in Ritual league was fun as hell. Two of those heavily nerfed. I guess I'm going Frost Blades... Again... This league.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
New player here. I love frost blades since the moment I saw it. I have played it since crucible when I started and tried with Shadow, Witch and Duelist.

Have to say that adrenaline + petrified blood made the game way easier than with other classes.

However, even having petrified blood + adrenaline + progenesis + instant recovery flask + fortify + 36k armor + 9k evasion + capped res (+20% extra) + 1% max res + 42% spell sup + rage + endurance charges + molten shell .. you get randomly one shot in random content. That alone reduces the amount of available item combinations by a lot. Also, it makes you choose constantly between extra buffs or more HP mainly.

After reaching level 98, I was doing around 5 red maps (several rerolls to get favoured mods + corrupted + scarabs + sextants) to get 5-10% xp, then out of nowhere in a random tier 13 map I get one shot. Do other 5 maps, then get one shot ... After repeating that sequence for days I got fed up.

It is also kind of annoying that the best defensive layer is just to plant totems to have mobs hit them. Also, those totems gave my build more than 1 million dps thanks to the extra buffs to the character.

I agree with the thought some of you share here, which is making a ranged/afk character so that later you create a 2nd mele character. But then, that invalidates the argument that mele is in a good spot.

Thanks to Affliction I had the chance to get into more advanced builds, more advanced items and different crafting options. The result was really dissapointing. I invested more than 40 divines in my character and the one shots were still there.

What I am trying to say is that is way easier to have a minion/ranged build over a mele build in every single way, and I honestly share that also.

I honestly envy when watching youtube videos from people afking from outside the screen while minions/ranged skill do everything.

I only died few times until I got pass level 80, when entering yellow and red maps. In delve, I was in depth 340 and at that point, I was dying more than in any conqueror juiced map.

When fighting Sirus, eater of worlds .. etc, could not get 30% chill consistenly. For clearing it is amazing, every single hit kills several mob rows.

these are POBs for my duelist. First time I reached level 98.

PS: I know frost blades is not even a 100% mele build, and that is what I love from it :p

Real POB (no molten shell, no berserkr)
https://pobb.in/wj9eE1EmBkm9

Unreal POB (Molten shell + berserkr) - this is the average in poe.ninja
https://pobb.in/0_muGXtO-W-R
Last edited by Lonesong on Mar 24, 2024, 8:42:50 AM
"
Lonesong wrote:
New player here. I love frost blades since the moment I saw it. I have played it since crucible when I started and tried with Shadow, Witch and Duelist.

Have to say that adrenaline + petrified blood made the game way easier than with other classes.

However, even having petrified blood + adrenaline + progenesis + instant recovery flask + fortify + 36k armor + 9k evasion + capped res (+20% extra) + 1% max res + 42% spell sup + rage + endurance charges + molten shell .. you get randomly one shot in random content. That alone reduces the amount of available item combinations by a lot. Also, it makes you choose constantly between extra buffs or more HP mainly.

After reaching level 98, I was doing around 5 red maps (several rerolls to get favoured mods + corrupted + scarabs + sextants) to get 5-10% xp, then out of nowhere in a random tier 13 map I get one shot. Do other 5 maps, then get one shot ... After repeating that sequence for days I got fed up.

It is also kind of annoying that the best defensive layer is just to plant totems to have mobs hit them. Also, those totems gave my build more than 1 million dps thanks to the extra buffs to the character.

I agree with the thought some of you share here, which is making a ranged/afk character so that later you create a 2nd mele character. But then, that invalidates the argument that mele is in a good spot.

Thanks to Affliction I had the chance to get into more advanced builds, more advanced items and different crafting options. The result was really dissapointing. I invested more than 40 divines in my character and the one shots were still there.

What I am trying to say is that is way easier to have a minion/ranged build over a mele build in every single way, and I honestly share that also.

I honestly envy when watching youtube videos from people afking from outside the screen while minions/ranged skill do everything.

I only died few times until I got pass level 80, when entering yellow and red maps. In delve, I was in depth 340 and at that point, I was dying more than in any conqueror juiced map.

When fighting Sirus, eater of worlds .. etc, could not get 30% chill consistenly. For clearing it is amazing, every single hit kills several mob rows.

PS: I know frost blades is not even a 100% mele build, and that is what I love from it :p

Gz man, that's a nice build, even more so considering you are new. If i may make a suggestion, invest 5 points in the hematophogy cluster for extra max leech and instant leech and then get a flask like this:

Should help a lot with those instant deaths. Most rips in this game don't come from actual oneshots but from getting hit by a ton of shit at the same time before you can even react. Having constant leech and instant leech going helps a lot with that. Your recovery at the moment is really low with barely 800 life/sec.
Last edited by Baharoth15 on Mar 24, 2024, 9:20:30 AM
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
"
Lonesong wrote:

Gz man, that's a nice build, even more so considering you are new. If i may make a suggestion, invest 5 points in the hematophogy cluster for extra max leech and instant leech and then get a flask like this:

Should help a lot with those instant deaths. Most rips in this game don't come from actual oneshots but from getting hit by a ton of shit at the same time before you can even react. Having constant leech and instant leech going helps a lot with that. Your recovery at the moment is really low with barely 800 life/sec.

Hey, thank you very much for that! definivelity gonna check the dmg recoupled as life to increase leech.

As you also say there are many situations where you can get one shot. Usually is just a random mob, in crowed situations with petrified + progenesis + spamming life flask i almost never die, but it is still that, "almost" :D. Degen dots are also a pain to deal with but that is the fun part of the game !

Thank you again :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info