Melee changes in Necropolis?

Just finished watching the new video...and did I miss something or there is there nothing yet again coming to buff melee players? Not even new transfigured gems or buffs to existing "melee" tag gems? Are we all supposed to play boneshatter (physical or elemental flavor) again unless we can sink in a huge amount of currency into a character? I think I saw a new fortify-based unique, but I don't see that preventing you from getting deleted off screen by some random elemental ailment or chaos barrage. Sigh
Last bumped on Mar 29, 2024, 10:33:14 AM
There wont be any melee buffs untill people stop thinking Boneshatter is only melee skill.
Cleave of Rage was nerfed. Zero other changes to melee. Pretty disappointing patch notes in terms of skills.
"
DiabloImmoral wrote:
Cleave of Rage was nerfed. Zero other changes to melee. Pretty disappointing patch notes in terms of skills.

Ofc it was. God forbid we got nice AoE on melee skill that is not slam.
Oh they made changes alright!

I just had a look at what this patch's doing to my General's cry blade flurry character.

Need to slot in Call to arms support into my main damage links. So, I'm losing a support gem to gain a 200% more mana cost multiplier. Oh, and they're taking away mana cost reduction craft.

Then they removed warcries exert attacks. So, I lost another 50% more damage multipler.

Then I also need another gem slot for automation so I can use molten shell.

So i'm losing
- 45% more damage multiplier from gem slot
- 50% more damage multiplier from exerted attacks and berserk tree
- 1 aura to support automation for molten shell - at least 13% more lost

I gained
- 200% More mana cost for general's cry

No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
"
Aynix wrote:
There wont be any melee buffs untill people stop thinking Boneshatter is only melee skill.

Boneshatter is nearly the only melee skill that's viable for competitive play. Frost Blades IMO is also viable, but not meany people know that. It's not the player base's fault though, it's the developers fault. They are the ones that shape the game. They are the reason melee is hardly played in this game when every other game out there Melee is one of the most played. The disadvantages and inefficiencies are to high for melee.
Last edited by Valkaneer on Mar 21, 2024, 9:10:56 PM
"
Boneshatter is nearly the only melee skill that's viable for competitive play.

It's really as simple as the numbers. Boneshatter has a multiplier that beats most "melee" tag gems and has built in trauma support, and then a further AOE pulse if you stun something.

What would happen to melee build diversity if most current "melee" gem tags received an additional +100% on their multiplier, including all current slam skills?

"
They are the reason melee is hardly played in this game when every other game out there Melee is one of the most played.

I just watched Alkaizer's 2+ hour stream of his POE2 warrior class playthrough. This is what I saw:

- Monster melee auto attacks hit really hard
- Monsters easily swarm you in melee because you move 1/4 the baseline speed of POE1.
- You stand still for several seconds in busy combat you will likely die or at least be in danger of dying, regardless of how you play.
- Bosses have telegraphed charge and/or slam attacks that are impossible or near impossible to avoid in melee range even with zero lag.
- Bosses have numerous deadly AOE or cleave effects in melee or near-melee range.
- Potions charges are only reset by taking a portal to town, so enjoy being a portal addict in POE2 as a melee player.

Overall, GGG learned nothing and POE2 melee is like POE1 ruthless + gauntlet melee rolled into one raised to a new level of pain.

Oh did you guys catch the new necropolis unique that gives the rage effect to casters? You can't make this stuff up.
"
mnieradko wrote:
"
Boneshatter is nearly the only melee skill that's viable for competitive play.

It's really as simple as the numbers. Boneshatter has a multiplier that beats most "melee" tag gems and has built in trauma support, and then a further AOE pulse if you stun something.

What would happen to melee build diversity if most current "melee" gem tags received an additional +100% on their multiplier, including all current slam skills?

"
They are the reason melee is hardly played in this game when every other game out there Melee is one of the most played.

I just watched Alkaizer's 2+ hour stream of his POE2 warrior class playthrough. This is what I saw:

- Monster melee auto attacks hit really hard
- Monsters easily swarm you in melee because you move 1/4 the baseline speed of POE1.
- You stand still for several seconds in busy combat you will likely die or at least be in danger of dying, regardless of how you play.
- Bosses have telegraphed charge and/or slam attacks that are impossible or near impossible to avoid in melee range even with zero lag.
- Bosses have numerous deadly AOE or cleave effects in melee or near-melee range.
- Potions charges are only reset by taking a portal to town, so enjoy being a portal addict in POE2 as a melee player.

Overall, GGG learned nothing and POE2 melee is like POE1 ruthless + gauntlet melee rolled into one raised to a new level of pain.

Oh did you guys catch the new necropolis unique that gives the rage effect to casters? You can't make this stuff up.

Careful, there's a few white knights on here that subvert literally every thread about melee, ensuring it's derailed then locked. If you start bringing up valid points, they'll shill into action.
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
Last edited by hmcg020 on Mar 21, 2024, 9:56:33 PM
melee is fine as long as you don't play it...
Still failing to solve "The Riddle of Melee" 4.0 HYPE!!!
SILLY BITCH...THE EAGLES ARE COMING!!!
THE EAGLES!!! (bleeds out from a wound to the gut)
the eagles...are...coming...(coughs)...the eagles...
"
melee is fine as long as you don't play it...

My preferred way to say it is "the best defensive layer in POE is to not play melee."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info