"we removed bind to left click for instant skills"

"
hmcg020 wrote:
They may have made it easier on gem slots elsewhere and built up all this tension, just be released when they do the reveal. Like no longer needing 3 gem slots for melee totems etc. It's entirely possible they didn't just nerf us and then lie about it this time!

Omega Copium.
I remember a few leagues back, when someone in global jokingly suggested, that LMB would be a thing of the past and that we would soon have to buy tokens to log on. Moreover, that GGG would implement a timed usability function, that limited the use of mousebuttons for 30 seconds at the time, to ensure we, the players, were more considerate of our choices, pressing left would lock out use of the right button,and vice versa, thus making them matter more... - I guess the first prophecy came true XD.
Last edited by TheBugles on Mar 21, 2024, 8:34:02 AM
"
TheBugles wrote:
I remember a few leagues back, when someone in global jokingly suggested, that LMB would be a thing of the past and that we would soon have to buy tokens to log on. Moreover, that GGG would implement a timed usability function, that limited the use of mousebuttons for 30 seconds at the time, to ensure we, the players, were more considerate of our choices, pressing left would lock out use of the right button,and vice versa, thus making them matter more... - I guess the first prophecy came true XD.

*Do you feel the weight, exile... of LMB?*
i hope ziggy brings up this issue with them in stream chat....
I will never forget the quote "numlock shenanegans" ever.
"
Aynix wrote:
"
hmcg020 wrote:
They may have made it easier on gem slots elsewhere and built up all this tension, just be released when they do the reveal. Like no longer needing 3 gem slots for melee totems etc. It's entirely possible they didn't just nerf us and then lie about it this time!

Omega Copium.

Looks like you were correct!
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
They are making a classic game dev mistake with left click - it's a unique accidental feature that significantly improves build QoL. Their reasons for removing it are invalid when you consider it currently just works.

They are losing sight of the wood for the trees, which is understandable when you're so deep in the minutiae of system design. But if it's not broken, don't fix it.
Last edited by t0lkien on Mar 22, 2024, 1:41:35 AM
"
t0lkien wrote:
They are making a classic game dev mistake with left click - it's a unique accidental feature that significantly improves build QoL.
[...]
But if it's not broken, don't fix it.

So true.

Yesterday, they kept saying they want to debloat the game in the stream, yet all they do is remove bloat from one side to bloat the other side by two folds. They nerf instant skills and bloat gem socket pressure by adding two gems for instant skill. They also mention talk about moving to the passive tree when all they had to do, if that was really a problem for console or WASD, is to add an option to cast automatically when right clicking on the skill on the skill bar (like the attack in place option).

Last edited by Silverpelt on Mar 22, 2024, 5:33:45 AM
"
t0lkien wrote:
They are making a classic game dev mistake with left click - it's a unique accidental feature that significantly improves build QoL. Their reasons for removing it are invalid when you consider it currently just works.

They are losing sight of the wood for the trees, which is understandable when you're so deep in the minutiae of system design. But if it's not broken, don't fix it.

But it was broken. The interaction was never intended to be used that way and they gave reasons why it was the lesser evil, and they stated they will be looking to continue improving it. I'm always amazed at the outcry when a game developer removes the chee$e from player$ that are only intere$ted in going a$ fa$t a$ they can to the very very end game. They could squash the map experience down to Torchlight Infinite speediness with the PoE Game Mechanics and graphic assets and the T:I loot explosions and most of the players complaining about LMB would praise it as a better league than Harvest and Affliction combined.
Last edited by ExsiliumUltra on Mar 22, 2024, 8:08:09 AM
Here we go again... time to vote with our wallet again. Wont buy Support Packs this season. Its not a QOL change...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info