Ice Nova of Frostbolt mana cost

I was doing some testing with Ice Nova of Frostbolt and it looks like every time it expands from a Frostbolt the mana cost is spent again. So in the case of expanding from 4 Frostbolts the mana cost spent is x4.
Is it the expected behavior?
Last bumped on Mar 19, 2024, 4:26:38 PM
After further inspection I realized that what is happening is that spell echo repeat is costing mana again. So is it the expected behavior?
spell echo should not reapply costs, this is a clear bug if true. About frost nova, at first I thought this is another "screw you coc players" hidden nerf, but now you may want to spam this in bug reports section until they acknowledge or you get tired of bumping.
Are you sure you aren't seeing the mana cost of your nova, followed by the mana cost of your triggered frostbolt in the helm? I assume you did your due diligence and tested the skill WITHOUT any triggers to make sure what you are seeing is legit?

Although I guess every other trigger is linked to lifetap, unless that is a change after noticing this effect.

HOWEVER: upon reading the skill, it definitely SOUNDS like it is designed to cost mana EACH TIME it expands from a frostbolt. Meaning that it will activate anywhere between 1 and 4 times, with the mana being spent each time.

Meaning that you can sort of overlap them by triggering the novas on 4 frostbolts, but that is still casting the nova 4x, not once. The spell echo effect only happens on ONE of the frostbolts (instead of 1 nova for 1 frostbolt, it is 2 novas for the 1 frostbolt, not 2 frostbolts).
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Mar 16, 2024, 8:09:03 PM
I have even put Lifetap on my Forstbolt :)
It is actually 2x the mana cost. 1 for the cast and 1 for the repeat.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3496379/page/1#p25267448

I have created a bug report with video proof. Please bump it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info