Pathfinder Ascendancy Options

Nature's Boon (30% magic flask effect) is pretty bad because most pathfinder builds need Taste of Hate for Phys reduction. This also blocks off access to Master Alchemist. I also don't see a use case for Master Distiller, the flasks are too bad, the buffs don't synergize and too many flask charges taken. This leaves a lot of pathfinder builds taking only small nodes for it's last two ascendancy points. I'd like to see some imaginative rework here.

Thank You
Last bumped on Mar 5, 2024, 8:30:07 AM
While that is annoying, pathfinder has become an ascendancy that sits right up there with champion with its power and versatility.

There are way bigger issues with other ascendancies before they touch pf unless they make it strictly worse.
I assume u don't think Master Surgeon is worth using? While it might not be meta atm, it's far from useless. Last league I reached 10k/s regeneration through life flasks, but even without tatoos u can get 4-5k/s if u build around it.

Maybe I'm missing something else, but I think most meta PF don't spec into Master Surgeon. (probably because they use Divinate Distilate)
I used master surgeon with divination distillate, if you're not using petrified blood its the only way to make use of it. Master surgeon would see 100% usage if you could auto use hp flasks on full charges/end of effect.
I thought master surgeon + defiance of destiny + petrified blood + enduring life flask or something like that was supposed to be all crazy jank?
"
Nature's Boon (30% magic flask effect) is pretty bad because most pathfinder builds need Taste of Hate for Phys reduction. This also blocks off access to Master Alchemist. I also don't see a use case for Master Distiller, the flasks are too bad, the buffs don't synergize and too many flask charges taken. This leaves a lot of pathfinder builds taking only small nodes for it's last two ascendancy points. I'd like to see some imaginative rework here.

Thank You

Having played PF (for the first time in five years of Poe play) the last two leagues (3.22 and 3.23) I would completely disagree with this. My last two builds have both used four major nodes to great effect.
"
Lonnie455Rich wrote:
I used master surgeon with divination distillate, if you're not using petrified blood its the only way to make use of it. Master surgeon would see 100% usage if you could auto use hp flasks on full charges/end of effect.

I tried Divination Distillate with Master Surgeon, but it didn't work for me. I recently read somewhere, that u need to have a certain mastery for it?
Anyway what I meant was, that the recovery with that particular flask is very bad, so I think most ppl get two small nodes instead.

I agree tho, the usage of Master Surgeon is very annoying... having to press ur life flask every ~2 seconds sucks, especially in high pressure situations.
"
Sadaukar wrote:
"
Lonnie455Rich wrote:

I tried Divination Distillate with Master Surgeon, but it didn't work for me. I recently read somewhere, that u need to have a certain mastery for it?
Anyway what I meant was, that the recovery with that particular flask is very bad, so I think most ppl get two small nodes instead.

I agree tho, the usage of Master Surgeon is very annoying... having to press ur life flask every ~2 seconds sucks, especially in high pressure situations.

If you setup your flasks in a particular way you can use your life flask once every 8ish seconds, add petrified blood and/or Progenesis and basically only use it when you see a sizeable dip below half hp

My build this league, sorry if it’s private but I don’t think it is…
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/Timbo+Zero/characters
Nearly unstoppable unless you get careless, or try Ubers deathless etc
Add a Progensis to that build and it’s more than double the eHP
Last edited by Timbo Zero on Mar 5, 2024, 7:56:38 AM
"
Timbo Zero wrote:
"
Sadaukar wrote:
"
Lonnie455Rich wrote:

If you setup your flasks in a particular way you can use your life flask once every 8ish seconds, add petrified blood and/or Progenesis and basically only use it when you see a sizeable dip below half hp

hehe, well maybe in a normal map szenario. But when u're doing Ubers or Simulacrum 30, u're constantly on the edge and I had both, petrified blood and progenesis :D
Last edited by Sadaukar on Mar 5, 2024, 7:57:15 AM
After round 25-26 for sure, and some Ubers more than others.
But it’s not, under some setups, a 2 second life mash

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info