Seamless Transition between Gamepad / Mouse+Keyboard

Hi,

In the latest interview with Jonathan from wudijo about PoE2 there was the question about a seamless transition between Mouse/Keyboard and Gamepad.

Jonathan seemed to be a bit buffled on why that is even a question, because of course you can switch just by pushing a button.

Can we have that for PoE1 too please?

At the moment you need to completly leave the game to switch between the two input options.

Kind Regards
Last bumped on Feb 23, 2024, 12:30:14 PM
I doubt anything will happen here. The pad has some advantages compared to M+K due to limitations. When they will do what you want, you will be able to do M+K with the benefits of the pad. For example, lifting the nearest object from the ground using a key. Bot authors would like it very much. The same with character controls, although in Poe2 we still have WSAD controls, which makes it easier for creating bots.
The topic is not as easy as it seems.
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
Hi,

The Bot argument does not make any sense at all.
Bots already exist and work perfectly fine without seamless transition between M+K and Keyboard.

The limitations only apply to Human player.

It works perfectly for Last Epoch, it seems it will be working perfectly for PoE2 and it works perfectly even for D4.

That it does not work for PoE1 seems like an anachronistic oversight that could be fixed at this point :)

Kind Regards.
"
Nokkyu wrote:
Bots already exist and work perfectly fine without seamless transition between M+K and Keyboard.

It's lie. You are probably talking about some trade bots. You have no idea what are you talking about.

"
Nokkyu wrote:
The limitations only apply to Human player.

Another Lie. It's very huge leap for the programming bots. With direct movement control it will be much easier to develop and keep updated.
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
Hi,

You are entitled to your opinion and that is fine.

I'm not interested in personal opinions in this matter.

This is meant as feedback and suggestions towards GGG.

Fact is, that a seamless transition between gamepad and mouse+kleyboard works in every other game nowadays (Action RPGs and others), and even Jonathan from GGG is even confused why that would even be a question as you can see here (Timestamp):

https://youtu.be/BwOI3J-JRPo?t=6943

I also would appreciate it if you could refrain from hostile behavior.

Kind Regards
"
Nokkyu wrote:
Hi,

You are entitled to your opinion and that is fine.

I'm not interested in personal opinions in this matter.

This is meant as feedback and suggestions towards GGG.

Fact is, that a seamless transition between gamepad and mouse+kleyboard works in every other game nowadays (Action RPGs and others), and even Jonathan from GGG is even confused why that would even be a question as you can see here (Timestamp):

https://youtu.be/BwOI3J-JRPo?t=6943

I also would appreciate it if you could refrain from hostile behavior.

Kind Regards

I only negate nonsense that you're spreading without any knowledge and understanding. It's still forum, not your personal ticket with game developers.

I saw the interview and he said there is button, as is it in PoE1. I don't know how you concluded it to "and even Jonathan from GGG is even confused why that would even be a question as you can see here"

Hi,

"You can press a button and change one to the other, but like is there anyhting more seamles than this?"

This is not how it works in PoE1.

In PoE1 you need to leave the game, go to the options, switch to gamepad control and login again.

What Jonathan is refering to here is the way it works in Last Epoch, Diablo 4 and many other games that support gamepad and M+K Input: You press a button mid game on your gamepad and you switch to gamepad UI and control, you press a button on your keyboard or mouse and you switch back without any steps in between.

That is the definition of seamless.

I again ask you to refrain from personal attacks.

You may want to elaborate how it would be easier to create and maintain bots in the future if GGG would implement this common feature.

You also imply that GGG is more fine with having bots in PoE2 than having them in PoE1, as they already confirmed a seamless input transition for PoE2. Do you think that is the case?

Kind Regards
I will only answer this because there is no point in a discussion when the other person is simply made up things.

"
Nokkyu wrote:
You may want to elaborate how it would be easier to create and maintain bots in the future if GGG would implement this common feature.

Movement actions by mouse clicking and very important things like opening doors, portals, picking items is PAIN IN THE ASS for bots. It's not precise, it's sometimes doesn't work, it's unreliable. WSAD is not the problem, picking, opening by key is the main.
Last edited by Dxt44 on Feb 22, 2024, 8:46:43 AM
Hi,

But PoE1 already has Gamepad Support, so you can already programming a bot using gamepad input with nullifies the mentioned issues.

So why would that be an argument against a seamless transition than?
What can a bot only do with an existing seamless transition that it can not do with sole gamepad input?

Also please elaborate what i made up in your opinion.

Kind Regards,
"
Nokkyu wrote:
But PoE1 already has Gamepad Support, so you can already programming a bot using gamepad input with nullifies the mentioned issues.

Good point. In short, it makes new problems, because it's very handy to have normal precise mouse movement for inventory management etc.. Look at for example FPS games, like MW2. You have assist aimbot with the gamepad, so yeah, let's emulate stick as mouse. Let me tell you it's not work like you would like. You make some things easier, some much worse.

"
Nokkyu wrote:
Also please elaborate what i made up in your opinion.

This for example.
Spoiler
"
What Jonathan is refering to here is the way it works in Last Epoch, Diablo 4 and many other games that support gamepad and M+K Input: You press a button mid game on your gamepad and you switch to gamepad UI and control, you press a button on your keyboard or mouse and you switch back without any steps in between.

Oh and this:
Spoiler
"

To sum up, I'm not saying that these are the reasons why we don't have this option. But with strong economy in the game, potentially it can be the case.
It's not like Jonathan knows everything, you saw that they have an idea, they go to the developers and they get litany why it can't be done.
Last edited by Dxt44 on Feb 22, 2024, 9:33:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info