High DPS 1-Hand Lightning Strike/Multistrike 3 Aura Tank Duelist Guide by Ler [1.1.0]

up
Twitch: twitch.tv/gg_nore | Twitter: @Ler_GG
#3 Hardcore Duelist |
IGN: LerLoLGEE
Currently using this build - somewhat the same idea. Very fun so far.. Just missing HP as I am only 78

Though I must say I prefer my lower HP build on EB due to the fact No BM gems and arctic armor.
can you add screenshot with LS dps?
**** UPDATE 1.4 ***

- Huge layout change. Removed many unnecessary spoilers.
- Added a passive progress from 10 points to 90 points.
- Added necessary uniques.
- Added new section: 5 Socket List.
- Removed some unnecessary stuff in the video section.
- Changed some item recommendations.
- Added necessary uniques.
#3 Hardcore Duelist |
How you deal with light res(which you cant shock) and ele res mobs?
Or it take alot time to kill that?
"
LendoKaar wrote:
How you deal with light res(which you cant shock) and ele res mobs?
Or it take alot time to kill that?

Solo play -> Conductivity
Party play -> Elemental Weakness

And as long as you do enough lightning dmg, you can shock anything except bossmobs (since their hp is way to high).
#3 Hardcore Duelist |
Firstly very nice guide, very informative and Good Job.

I know you state that keep it LS Duelist, but you have both the mara and duelist node start nodes in your build. So i am asking your inputs being on the other side of the tree.

I am primarily an 1-Hand Elemental Ground Slam marauder, Ive respecd skills, my gear recently for more survability and have found my ground slam dps to come down to 3.5k from 9k.
But seeing the high damage effectiveness of Lightning Strike Ive come to realize that this might be a better alternative.
with my current gear and passive skill tree and a 5L i am doing like 6L LS damage.

My gear Atm
Spoiler

Passives
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecCcQSzBS0MfQ6tEH8UIBRNFm8YkRjbGS4ZhRo4GmwhYCSqJ-0otSlPKaUyCTKJNug26TpSQKBDnEbXTdhQR1BQVElVxlYEVw1X4lhjWfNdxl8_YEtgiGFSah5yqXTtdPF253fleu982YFvgpuGYIcpi4yMdozPj0aQVZ2unjyeuZ7Nn8uiAKcIpzCnhKgYrKq1BLiTud3AGsaextjPZdDQ0iHZYdrd4XPjauQi51LsOO0g7w7vTvAf8i_z3fZI

the basic key skills at 90 stat point are similar ( mines 96).
I like how you have so much life.

my question is given the gear , how viable are physical damage nodes in the duelist start.
Domine Non Es Dignus
Last edited by Zinja on May 24, 2013, 7:51:05 AM
For groundslam. the pyhs dmg nodes in the duelist tree are kinda nice. (Duelist nodes useless since you ele cleave)
But the problem is that you approach Groundslam wrong.
Groundslam is one of the skills that work pretty good with physical damage. So why do you want ele cleave groundslam °_°
#3 Hardcore Duelist |
Last edited by Ler on May 24, 2013, 10:24:50 AM
i believe the reasoning was that multistrike reduces physical damage, but not elemental damage. So elemental GS would take full advantage of multistrike. But It falls short in dps .

I have switched over to Lightning Strike. I am hoping that this would carry me to 87, at which i can respec again. due to my immediate deficiencies in armor gear notbeing optimal i am forced to take up armor nodes.

as you can see from my skill tree, i have elemental damage increasing nodes. how do you suppose i can increase lightning strike damage ? without a weapon change. I assume mine is the highest dps elemental karui mace.

Domine Non Es Dignus
"
Zinja wrote:
i believe the reasoning was that multistrike reduces physical damage, but not elemental damage. So elemental GS would take full advantage of multistrike. But It falls short in dps .

I have switched over to Lightning Strike. I am hoping that this would carry me to 87, at which i can respec again. due to my immediate deficiencies in armor gear notbeing optimal i am forced to take up armor nodes.

as you can see from my skill tree, i have elemental damage increasing nodes. how do you suppose i can increase lightning strike damage ? without a weapon change. I assume mine is the highest dps elemental karui mace.

What you saying is wrong.
Multistrike has a less damage multiplier.
That multiplier also applies to your elemental damage and projectiles.
Some quick Math:
10k damage per hit before multistrike applies.
-> 1k phys
-> 6k lightning
-> 1k fire
-> 2k cold

After the less damage multiplier (40%) from multistrike:
10k * 0,6 = 6k Damage
-> 600 phys
-> 3,6k lightning
-> 600 fire
-> 1200 cold

This less damage modifier also applies to your projectiles.
#3 Hardcore Duelist |

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info