[3.23] 🔵 Penance Brand Trickster Guide + Uber Boss Showcase (100m DPS all content viable)

I'm loving this build so far, I haven't really played CI or brands in years and wanted to try trickster and penance brand. I've been using this build for bossing (it does ubers easily enough even though my version is currently only at 50m pinnacle dps according to pob) and challenge farming, and I just did my first simulacrum of the league with it...easy 30 round simulacrum. Fun build, I feel like it's worth pumping more currency into for me.

"
NoBo1 wrote:
The ring with +1 power charge is 0,7 mirror. Is there a "budget" (2x Opal rings?) rings that would also work. Currently i have 300 divines to spend on this.

I've been doing everything with valako's sign on my version. They're definitely not optimal but they're pretty decent for 1c rings. I'm planning to craft a rare ring as a stopgap until I get the precursor's emblem (farming valdo's maps hoping for something good), but I'm having no problems even with those rings on my build. I've done uber maven, uber cortex, uber exarch, simu 30, and more with those rings.
I'm using a precursors emblem

3% crit multi per power
3% increased energy shield per power
1% increased movement speed per power

And kalandras touch. Pretty good.

Should be a lot cheaper than the +1 max power
Last edited by galldobaah on Jan 22, 2024, 1:25:33 AM
Hey I just wanted to ask cuz I saw this, I am currently trying out oriath's end for clear. I don't notice it proccing is there something you have to do or is it just that unnoticable?
For people that doesnt have mageblood yet. Can we have a pob for poor people? with cheap items but working build.
Great build! I have been following it almost to a T. The only difference is I cannot afford the maximum charge ring and the max charge on vertex. But for some reason my dps in pob is only showing as 18m vs yours at 100+m. I cannot imagine that 3 power charges would make that big of a difference. I am level 95, but even with the 5 points added in pobb I’m sitting at maybe 20m. What are some things that are small that I may have missed that would potentially cause this massive difference?

Here is my POB, idk what I am missing that is making my DPS so low. I am struggling to do ubers, and some juiced T16 maps.

https://pobb.in/xnYxe2puwnvp
Last edited by Damian831 on Jan 26, 2024, 1:35:01 PM
"
Damian831 wrote:
Great build! I have been following it almost to a T. The only difference is I cannot afford the maximum charge ring and the max charge on vertex. But for some reason my dps in pob is only showing as 18m vs yours at 100+m. I cannot imagine that 3 power charges would make that big of a difference. I am level 95, but even with the 5 points added in pobb I’m sitting at maybe 20m. What are some things that are small that I may have missed that would potentially cause this massive difference?

Here is my POB, idk what I am missing that is making my DPS so low. I am struggling to do ubers, and some juiced T16 maps.

https://pobb.in/xnYxe2puwnvp

Dont forget his chest is also +4 to brand. Realistically without spending 200d you're likely getting a +2 chest for ~10/15 div. On my character that +2 alone was 20%. So +4 should be 40% more DPS

As for those 3 charges you're missing? They give (a varying) amount of crit chance per charge, my pob is 58% per charge. Thats an additive 174% crit chance, plus ~45% spell damage per charge for an additive 135% spell damage.
They also naturally give 3% more, per charge, for 12% more.
The 3 charges also give you 3 frenzy charges, for 12% more.
Inner conviction gives another 3% more per charge, for another 12% more.

So you're looking at lets say ~150% increased crit chance, ~135% spell damage and x36% more damage. I'm guessing you'd be looking at AT LEAST a 75%+ increase in your 18m damage to 30+m. Thats just off my head without even reviewing my or your POB. Add in the previous +2/+4 chest for another 50% (due to multi's maybe/probably more) and you're at 50m I would guess.

After that, the increase comes from crit multi and (nearly) 100% crit chance. Asmo's charms and jewels are pritty OP in this build...I think anything from 18-30m is a 'reasonable' amount of DPS without sinking 2-3 mirrors into this build.

You're welcome to pull my character and check POB against yours. I'm sitting around the same DPS as you are with 20m. I'd guess I have 200d in the gear, maybe 300.
https://pobb.in/Sok1tbbfHNjn

something like 37m but i miss +3 power charges (helm + ring)

how to increased aoe radius? (4.8 for me _ 5.8 for owner version)
where i can see this valor on pob?
Last edited by Beskaius on Jan 29, 2024, 11:57:35 AM
I'm using this build but I tweaked the tree a lot more to my liking. Yes 3 more power charges does matter alot in terms of damage for the build.
things that really help make sure you click full dps in pob on penance brand skill. Also make sure u do max pulses to see the pob dps he was using.

Really needed is 3 charms with power charge multiplier possibly 4th from that which was taken. 1-2 aoe per power charge on charms/that which.

Can't afford vertex with power charge most cant but can make several similar and on a budget. one method is buy vertex helms at 80-100 a pop or farm em yourselves then vaal them.

You can get a synth implicit hat (pure es) with max power charge way cheaper then vertex and u get more es and evasion off a pure es hat.

Another option is blizzard crown. influenced for max power charge and crit multi and ev/es.

Oriath end is nice but not neccessary. You can simply allocate some more aoe radius on tree or get another aoe per power charge if you want for faster mapping.

if you cannot go mageblood yet you could simply roll a belt with flask effect duration and flaask charges gained. Then use similar flasks and use at full charges.

the chest with +1 or 2 aoe /dur or all gems with only 1 implicit isnt expensive. Shadowstitch works as well.

Also until u get max power ring you can use a similar one without max power charge. or add in a max power charge ring unique with herald are significantly cheaper as well.

gloves self craft.

dont go for inveterate on tree so many wasted sp in my opinion. you can simply annoint it then use the extra sp on other parts of your tree.

Going for a 2nd large cluster allowed me to add in 2 forbidden jewels taking me to 13 power charges.

https://pobb.in/DeQqkcjHuPsr
133m dps 13 power charges

"
rageface1355 wrote:

https://pobb.in/DeQqkcjHuPsr
133m dps 13 power charges

with your version i touch 83m and 90% evasion
(lack in +1 power ring, unstable infusion jewels and belt enchant)
https://pobb.in/PJwr5So-asLb

switchin to aoe charm for mapping, this build melt the game....
Last edited by Beskaius on Feb 1, 2024, 1:00:50 PM
I don't unerstand how to generate frenzy and endur charges

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info