BONE ZOMBIES 3.24 | Wrecker's Stress-Free Build(s) & Filter | 1-Button, HC SSF, & Pure Item Freedom

Okay so what is the best way to craft end game gear if i am not playing in trade league? I wanna do this build Solo Self Found but not good with crafting so have no clue how i would go about crafting the best end game gear besides slamming chaos orbs on gear to try and get stats i want.
"
Spoiler
Okay so what is the best way to craft end game gear if i am not playing in trade league? I wanna do this build Solo Self Found but not good with crafting so have no clue how i would go about crafting the best end game gear besides slamming chaos orbs on gear to try and get stats i want.
Unfortunately, the game has evolved into needing a masters to know inside-out. There are so many different crafting mechanics in the core game, let alone the current temp. league's corpses, that it's impossible to flat-out tell you how it works. Harvest, Delve, Jun, Fractured drops, mod blocking...it's something to learn one at a time.

Here are a couple of sites to peruse on your own time and let the knowledge soak in as you check things out:

- https://poedb.tw/us/Modifiers
- https://www.craftofexile.com/

These are decent for knowing what mods can roll on what basetypes, which affix they are, and where the affixes come from.

If you invest into Essence on the Atlas Passive tree, it'll give you a very simplified way of "chaos spamming" your gear for a mod you know you want. The higher tiers of Essence can be used like a Chaos Orb and re-roll the same items. It's a great way to not get overwhelmed by the game if you were just hoping to sit down and play.

I hope that helped. Sorry it wasn't what you were looking for :( .
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Apr 27, 2024, 5:14:15 PM
"
Spoiler

I was waiting for Wrecker's answer before chiming in. Because like he said, it's a big subject.

What's your weakest piece of gear / the one you most want to craft? Maybe we can brainstorm about it in this thread.

Meanwhile, here are a few thoughts for beginner crafting:

- The crafting bench: Most of my crafting has been that I find an item with 2 or 3 decent affixes and I add life or a resist to a open slot.

- If the league has a crafting mechanic consider it, because GGG may not have "balanced" it to be worse than trade, yet. In Necropolis, I have crafted a couple 5-link body armors for use. Mostly, though I've been lazy and have used single corpses to craft citrine amulets and amethyst rings. (The amulets because with that and a +30 Dex passive node allocated I don't have to worry about getting Dex on any other gear, and the rings because I want to max my chaos resist.)

- Harvest crafting has the ability to change one kind of elemental resistance affix to another. So if I find a neat new item, but equipping it tanks my fire resist while giving me a lot of extra cold resist, I can use harvest crafting to convert some cold resist on it or another item to fire resist to balance things out.

- Like Wrecker said, essences can be used to target a single affix you need. (I have not used them as much as I could.)

Edit add: Wrecker mentioned https://www.craftofexile.com/ - they have a guides section for crafting and you can filter on SSF friendly guides!
Running heists fully zoomed in... because
Last edited by CelticHound on Apr 27, 2024, 10:30:36 PM
Thanks for the information. Lots to take in but im sure i will be able to figure it out haha. If not whatever hahahahaha
"
Thanks for the information. Lots to take in but im sure i will be able to figure it out haha. If not whatever hahahahaha

Another suggestion I saw was to watch videos of streamers in Zizaran's SSF gauntlet - they would be doing very efficient crafting, though I don't know if they would be explaining things.

Which build are you? If you are Righteous Fire there look to be SSF-friendly guides for all sorts of RF items on the craft of exile site.

Meanwhile, I'll give an example. I'm playing a more hardcore-safe version of Wrecker's Reaper build. (Since I'm worried about being one-shot, I'm not willing to sacrifice ~1500 life like he has.) Right now, I feel I need more damage, so I'd like to craft a wand.

The ideal wand would be a convening wand (don't have the Int for convoking) with +1 to all minion skill gems, +1 to all spell skill gems (Summon Reaper is a spell) and some minion damage.

(If a miracle happened and a +1 fractured wand dropped, things would be different, but let's not count on miracles.)

The most efficient way would be to use fossil crafting with a four-socket resonator and Corroded + Jagged + Metallic + Shuddering fossils. Craft of Exile estimates 12 tries for a likely good outcome.

Using a three-socket resonator and Corroded + Metallic + Shuddering fossils, the estimate is 120 tries. Since I've found few Corroded or Shuddering fossils so far, I'll pass on this number of tries.

Giving up on the +2 gem levels, I can use Essences of Fear on a ilvl 60+ wand hoping for +1 and getting guaranteed minion damage. The estimate for this is 150 tries, but Fear essences are easier to come by than fossils.

There are harvest crafts to randomly change stack or fossils/essences to a different flavor. That might help in getting the correct crafting materials.

(By the way, for helmets with +1/+2 minion gems, can fossil craft with dense/pristine or dense/pristine/bound.)

Running heists fully zoomed in... because
Last edited by CelticHound on Apr 29, 2024, 7:37:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info