Lack of GGG Transparency regarding current banwave

Hi,

I'm a long-time player with a small amount of MTXes on my account, maybe 80 dollars or so. Every couple of years I add a couple more because I enjoy the game.

However, recently an absurd number of permanent account deletions have taken place, rendering hundreds and even thousands of dollars stolen from the players whose accounts were deleted, as they cannot access the goods and services they have paid for.

This makes me hesitant to spend money on further MTXes. I was planning on doing so today with the effects sale, but I no longer feel that this is a safe choice financially with the risk of theft on GGG's part.

This lack of transparency is an immediate and pressing issue for all players with ANY amount of money invested on their accounts -- GGG can steal that money without consequences and refuse to explain why they've chosen to do so.
Last bumped on Jan 11, 2024, 11:40:26 PM
I was banned yesterday. The day before yesterday I bought a 60$ pack which I never used (because I got banned the day after ofc). It's not my first pack as you can imagine. We need some real statement about what's happening now! Please GGG give us some hopes that this could end up in a good way. It's XMas time and loosing access to our lovely game is not the best present we could wish for.

Thank you!

Main: JayModeSt
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/jaymodest
We need answers!
All these posts have me so spooked for all my mtx D:
i emailed GGG asking if its safe to play right now, they said "if you arent breaking TOS its fine" which seems odd to me.
Last edited by Kaboinglefop on Dec 22, 2023, 4:50:17 PM
MAKE A POST ON REDDIT!
If you do so, please link it here!
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/jaymodest
"
hackdevil wrote:
If you do so, please link it here!

There are several open at the moment, perhaps the most commented one right now is: '7Years, 20K hours Account Perma Banned...'.. google it.

or 'Ban wave hits innocent people...'
Last edited by caiochc93 on Dec 22, 2023, 6:08:11 PM
I fully support it! It's not clear what went wrong with GGG again, but something is clearly wrong. It is simply impossible to ban both experienced players who have played tens of thousands of hours, and players who have not logged in for 2 years, and when they logged in they found a ban from a week ago, and players who logged in for the first time in their lives and received a ban in Act 6. At the same time, no one officially tells everyone from GGG what is happening. All that remains is to wait for the ban of some popular streamer, or all the players in the league, so that at least someone will pay attention to the problem...
Hey everyone,

Unfortunately, we are unable to discuss any details surrounding any bans or moderation action via the forums. If you would like to discuss or appeal any bans, please email us at support@grindinggear.com and we would be happy to look into these further for you!

I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience in the meantime.
"
Chulainn_GGG wrote:
Hey everyone,

Unfortunately, we are unable to discuss any details surrounding any bans or moderation action via the forums. If you would like to discuss or appeal any bans, please email us at support@grindinggear.com and we would be happy to look into these further for you!

I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience in the meantime.

I sincerely appreciate the fast and honest response. Unfortunately I feel that perhaps my post was misinterpreted, though: You just described the specific policy being criticized here, which we are familiar with and aware of. We are specifically taking issue with the fact that, because you are unable to discuss moderation action via the forums, we are unable to take financial action via the microtransaction shop, as doing so represents significant financial risk when it's impossible to predict the likelihood of our accounts being banned in the near future.

Are there any plans of rectifying this transparency policy? Thank you for your time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info