[No longer playable] Self-Shock Galvanic Field - A Reverse Snapshotting Autobomber

"
gusgunis wrote:
"
Tonfz wrote:
i use Brine King for Pantheon to solve freeze and stun problem

For arcane cloak, you must add the duration (in my case 3.33 + 1.23)

I use brine king too now. but how can i calculate the duration? i saw a formula at first post, but when i try to add it to the math, i get error.
my life is 7646 and mana 5715
nvm. i fount it. it gives 0.50. So arcane cloak must be lvl 6 where spends 50% of current mana. Is that right?

If you hover over Arcane Cloak's tooltip it should display duration and cooldown, seemed correct in POB though. Yep, exactly!
"
Juminoh wrote:
"
gusgunis wrote:
"
Tonfz wrote:
i use Brine King for Pantheon to solve freeze and stun problem

For arcane cloak, you must add the duration (in my case 3.33 + 1.23)

I use brine king too now. but how can i calculate the duration? i saw a formula at first post, but when i try to add it to the math, i get error.
nvm. i fount it. it gives 0.50. So arcane cloak must be lvl 6 where spends 50% of current mana. Is that right?

If you hover over Arcane Cloak's tooltip it should display duration and cooldown, seemed correct in POB though. Yep, exactly!

For Arcane Cloak in game i see cd 3.33 and duration 0.93. In PoB cd is 4 secs, and duration is 4 secs.

Except that, The build sometimes seems Uber strong, clearing expeditions, essences and harvest in no time with great easiness, and sometimes, while im shocked and HoT is active, it fails to kill something and i got one shoted.
Im not experienced player at all, but i can see mostly the reason of deaths is the "weak" hits of HoT and the absence of galvanic field.
Ill try the The Writhing Jar to see how it goes. I know flasks will get less charges from empty slots, but is just an experiment to see how it goes.
Ohh btw, i made some changes to gear with more attribues.
https://pobb.in/gWKHK_l8q342
Last edited by gusgunis on Jan 23, 2024, 10:57:30 AM
"
gusgunis wrote:
"
Juminoh wrote:
"
gusgunis wrote:

For Arcane Cloak in game i see cd 3.33 and duration 0.93. In PoB cd is 4 secs, and duration is 4 secs.

Except that, The build sometimes seems Uber strong, clearing expeditions, essences and harvest in no time with great easiness, and sometimes, while im shocked and HoT is active, it fails to kill something and i got one shoted.
Im not experienced player at all, but i can see mostly the reason of deaths is the "weak" hits of HoT and the absence of galvanic field.
Ill try the The Writhing Jar to see how it goes. I know flasks will get less charges from empty slots, but is just an experiment to see how it goes.
Ohh btw, i made some changes to gear with more attribues.
https://pobb.in/gWKHK_l8q342

Gotcha, I'm guessing that happens when stopping to loot or when there's significant time without enemies nearby and Herald of Thunder taking a bit to self-shock again. Few ways to fix that (wouldn't recommend Writhing Jar).

-20% quality on Herald of Thunder (will increased the storm frequency)
-Adding an extra Replica Reckless Defense (can replace that Abyss Jewel w/o losing much)
-Adding Increased Duration Support to Galvanic Field (seems like damage when it is up is more than fine; can swap back for pinnacle bosses where uptime will be permanent)

I'd recommend starting with all three and then slowly removing them and seeing how it feels.
I did the replacement of HoT earlier today, but the previous PoB is without it.
The dps is more than good. The problem ive found, is the 5 seconds "delay" of vinktar which fills up with charges. A perfect roll of 125 charges and higher quality than 20 might not solve the problem, but shrinks the window 40%. Another problem i need to address, is the chill ups. Many times i got chilled up to 30%. I have to unlock the movement speed with chill immunity on bench craft.
Now that i get the 90th level and i have nothing to lose if i die, ill try lvl 14 and greater maps to see how it goes. Some delving i did today, was really fun.

I did some maps today. Mostly narrow ones as underground river. Lvl 15 map, runs like a charm. With chill immunity on boots, i never had that problem again.
Something Strange. I bought a 2nd watcher's eye with increased shield recharge recovery while affected by clarity, and with it, is even smoother than before.
The increased duration at galvanic field, it just made things worst a bit. So i went back to original config.
Next step is to increase damage a bit. Any advice on that?
https://pobb.in/XIeSCuu10amv
Last edited by gusgunis on Jan 25, 2024, 4:36:12 AM
"
gusgunis wrote:
The dps is more than good. The problem ive found, is the 5 seconds "delay" of vinktar which fills up with charges. A perfect roll of 125 charges and higher quality than 20 might not solve the problem, but shrinks the window 40%. Another problem i need to address, is the chill ups. Many times i got chilled up to 30%. I have to unlock the movement speed with chill immunity on bench craft.
Now that i get the 90th level and i have nothing to lose if i die, ill try lvl 14 and greater maps to see how it goes. Some delving i did today, was really fun.

I did some maps today. Mostly narrow ones as underground river. Lvl 15 map, runs like a charm. With chill immunity on boots, i never had that problem again.
Something Strange. I bought a 2nd watcher's eye with increased shield recharge recovery while affected by clarity, and with it, is even smoother than before.
The increased duration at galvanic field, it just made things worst a bit. So i went back to original config.

Vessel of Vinktar uptime can definitely be annoying outside of high density mapping, probably going to do a second pass on the guide to get 100% uptime at some point. In the meantime if you're still running into issues with it anointing Natural Remedies and maybe getting an Increased Flask Duration modifier on the belt should help. As for damage one quick upgrade would be to get a Vessel of Vinktar with Lightning Penetration (there are 3 versions). I'd also make sure you have enough mana sustain during single target (hard to tell in POB) without the watcher's eye. On the tree you can drop Light Eater (goes from 4k to 3k energy shield leech per second, which should be fine), a Replica Reckless Defense (2 should be enough) and Zealot's Oath (doesn't do anything since we have no life regeneration) and pick up Heart of Thunder and the +15% to maximum shock mastery. Another upgrade would be to get an 8 passive large cluster jewel (saves a point). Finally just getting a few more levels and picking up some better rares will help a ton (especially boots, getting 30% movement speed and movement speed/action speed eldritch implicits will feel much better).
"
Juminoh wrote:
"
gusgunis wrote:

Vessel of Vinktar uptime can definitely be annoying outside of high density mapping, probably going to do a second pass on the guide to get 100% uptime at some point. In the meantime if you're still running into issues with it anointing Natural Remedies and maybe getting an Increased Flask Duration modifier on the belt should help. As for damage one quick upgrade would be to get a Vessel of Vinktar with Lightning Penetration (there are 3 versions). I'd also make sure you have enough mana sustain during single target (hard to tell in POB) without the watcher's eye. On the tree you can drop Light Eater (goes from 4k to 3k energy shield leech per second, which should be fine), a Replica Reckless Defense (2 should be enough) and Zealot's Oath (doesn't do anything since we have no life regeneration) and pick up Heart of Thunder and the +15% to maximum shock mastery. Another upgrade would be to get an 8 passive large cluster jewel (saves a point). Finally just getting a few more levels and picking up some better rares will help a ton (especially boots, getting 30% movement speed and movement speed/action speed eldritch implicits will feel much better).

I made a change which improved build a lot. I bought a brutal restraint with alchemist genius. That makes Vinktar to fill a bit faster. Experimenting with charms. 10% change to get 10% mana when using a skill, increased energy shield leeched, increased elemental resistances. With resistances in charms, i can add something more usefull than resistances in quick silver. will see. At the moment, i made the changes you said earlier. Lets see :)
"
gusgunis wrote:
"
Juminoh wrote:
"
gusgunis wrote:

I made a change which improved build a lot. I bought a brutal restraint with alchemist genius. That makes Vinktar to fill a bit faster. Experimenting with charms. 10% change to get 10% mana when using a skill, increased energy shield leeched, increased elemental resistances. With resistances in charms, i can add something more usefull than resistances in quick silver. will see. At the moment, i made the changes you said earlier. Lets see :)

Glad its working out! Not sure how much alchemist genius will help though, since it won't hit the next increased charges gained breakpoint for the traitor (increased flask duration is nice because it doesn't have any break points). Charms are great, resistances, strength + intelligence and %strength are all really strong for this build.
Cool build!

I made a calculator for the Managing Mana section's formula to easily determine what target mana cost % and level of Arcane Cloak you want as your mana/ES changes.

https://codepen.io/justinryder/full/mdoKdqO
Vinktar had a break point of 5 seconds where increasing charges.
With alchemist genius and 10% increased flask charges gained, that break point went down to 3. Also, a quicksilver flask 20% with 33% increased duration, became permanent.
"
Agent000Zero wrote:
Cool build!

I made a calculator for the Managing Mana section's formula to easily determine what target mana cost % and level of Arcane Cloak you want as your mana/ES changes.

https://codepen.io/justinryder/full/mdoKdqO

Thanks! The calculate is really nice, I'll add it to the build guide!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info