[No longer playable] Self-Shock Galvanic Field - A Reverse Snapshotting Autobomber

"
Kappazunder wrote:
"
Yanwar wrote:
Hello. Thanks for your previous reply. I've finally finished my leveling and have a couple of questions about this build.
1. If i understood your math correctly, the lesser difference between energy shield and mana the lesser lvl of arcane cloak we need? How much does arcane cloak's lvl actually give us in terms of damage?
2. What am i doing wrong as my galvanic field is not always up and sometimes i'm just diving into pack of monsters and they're oneshotting me cuz galvanic field didnt pop, even after i've used my arcane cloak.
Most likely this problem will fix itself after i'll get enough levels for my cluster jewel which i have already crafted, but i'm still not sure.
3. How are you calculating that pob parameter " # of mana spent recently "? Should it be the same for everyone or it depends on specific setup?
4. Can this build potentially do simulacrums or there are mods that may break him?
5. As i noticed vinktar bottle's uptime is not permanent, unlike the quicksilver flask. Is it normal or i can make it permanent?
this is my current pob with config from your 5 divine one: https://pobb.in/Qw5Vnj7XroLD
6. I did calculate how my build will look like lvl 88 and i guess i'll have some mana - es ratio problems, but i removed one curse (as i have only 1 curse limit anyways) and added flesh and stone. With all those changes midgame budget version should look smth like that. Correct me if i can change smth else, i'm quite new to mana builds and may not fully understand how it works. https://pobb.in/MWQIgiYAHrBA
7. You're advising to buy unnatural instinct, but is it really useful? I can't see any useful nodes for it except bonus mana and area of effect.

Thanks for your build and happy new year!

I think you can get Vinktar's up 100%, for example by adding a "flasks gain a charge every 3 seconds" charm and increased flask duration mod on a Belt.
But apparently 100% is not needed. I went for 20% increased Flask Duration on my Belt though. It feels much better and is a rather cheap upgrade. PoB says average uptime of flask is 86%

I have the same problems with galvanic field not proccing sometimes even though arcane cloak is up... Cooldown and lvl of arcane cloak should be fine, so I'm not sure, what I'm doing wrong... Any ideas OP?

Happy new Year!

Happy new year! Galvanic Field not proccing sometimes is confusing, is it the buff not appearing or the field not appearing when you have the buff?
"
Juminoh wrote:
"
Kappazunder wrote:
"
Yanwar wrote:
Hello. Thanks for your previous reply. I've finally finished my leveling and have a couple of questions about this build.
1. If i understood your math correctly, the lesser difference between energy shield and mana the lesser lvl of arcane cloak we need? How much does arcane cloak's lvl actually give us in terms of damage?
2. What am i doing wrong as my galvanic field is not always up and sometimes i'm just diving into pack of monsters and they're oneshotting me cuz galvanic field didnt pop, even after i've used my arcane cloak.
Most likely this problem will fix itself after i'll get enough levels for my cluster jewel which i have already crafted, but i'm still not sure.
3. How are you calculating that pob parameter " # of mana spent recently "? Should it be the same for everyone or it depends on specific setup?
4. Can this build potentially do simulacrums or there are mods that may break him?
5. As i noticed vinktar bottle's uptime is not permanent, unlike the quicksilver flask. Is it normal or i can make it permanent?
this is my current pob with config from your 5 divine one: https://pobb.in/Qw5Vnj7XroLD
6. I did calculate how my build will look like lvl 88 and i guess i'll have some mana - es ratio problems, but i removed one curse (as i have only 1 curse limit anyways) and added flesh and stone. With all those changes midgame budget version should look smth like that. Correct me if i can change smth else, i'm quite new to mana builds and may not fully understand how it works. https://pobb.in/MWQIgiYAHrBA
7. You're advising to buy unnatural instinct, but is it really useful? I can't see any useful nodes for it except bonus mana and area of effect.

Thanks for your build and happy new year!

I think you can get Vinktar's up 100%, for example by adding a "flasks gain a charge every 3 seconds" charm and increased flask duration mod on a Belt.
But apparently 100% is not needed. I went for 20% increased Flask Duration on my Belt though. It feels much better and is a rather cheap upgrade. PoB says average uptime of flask is 86%

I have the same problems with galvanic field not proccing sometimes even though arcane cloak is up... Cooldown and lvl of arcane cloak should be fine, so I'm not sure, what I'm doing wrong... Any ideas OP?

Happy new Year!

Happy new year! Galvanic Field not proccing sometimes is confusing, is it the buff not appearing or the field not appearing when you have the buff?

Yeah I guess I got that wrong. I don't fully understand the mechanics of the build.
It also happens in your showcase video around the 1:08 mark. I guess it's the arcane cloak buff which is out of sync or soemthing? The Galvanic Field isn't attached to the player anymore. HoT is still proccing but damage and leech is really low, at least in my case.

https://pobb.in/X5MBnwKPdqUP

edit: added PoB
Last edited by Kappazunder on Jan 1, 2024, 1:35:34 PM
"
Kappazunder wrote:

Yeah I guess I got that wrong. I don't fully understand the mechanics of the build.
It also happens in your showcase video around the 1:08 mark. I guess it's the arcane cloak buff which is out of sync or soemthing? The Galvanic Field isn't attached to the player anymore. HoT is still proccing but damage and leech is really low, at least in my case.

https://pobb.in/X5MBnwKPdqUP

edit: added PoB

Ah, I think what you're seeing is the Arcane Cloak shield getting depleted before the duration expires which will cause you to miss a Galvanic Field rotation (in the video I take an Omniphobia attack). Should be somewhat rare, duration is only .9 seconds and have to take a hit of ~3000, but it will cause Galvanic Field to fall off for a few seconds along with the damage and leech it provides (can see this happen briefly in the video too).
Last edited by Juminoh on Jan 2, 2024, 12:10:02 AM
Ok, so i want to ask you how can we calculate our self damage properly for cwdt? If i understand it correctly the only source of self damage is storm secret?
Also i noticed that if i'm using any skill except galvanic field (like curse or flame dash) right after arcane cloak i'm getting a lot of es damage. Can this somehow be fixed or it's just inevitable downside of this build?
Also can we use haste aura or it will break the build?
This is my current pob, lvl 15 haste aura is from huck as i did allocate the dutiful soldier passive. Also he grants some added lightning damage but i'm too lazy to add that as its bonus is not very big, smth around 100k bonus damage. Also huck can give some increased flask charges gain, but i'm too lazy to buy that so i just rolled it myself and went with the best outcome (aura and flask charges together are really hard to craft as they are suffixes and to get both you need either regal it and pray or chaos spam).
https://pobb.in/ka4d21XRwcOf
Last edited by Yanwar on Jan 3, 2024, 1:28:11 AM
"
Yanwar wrote:
Ok, so i want to ask you how can we calculate our self damage properly for cwdt? If i understand it correctly the only source of self damage is storm secret?
Also i noticed that if i'm using any skill except galvanic field (like curse or flame dash) right after arcane cloak i'm getting a lot of es damage. Can this somehow be fixed or it's just inevitable downside of this build?
Also can we use haste aura or it will break the build?
This is my current pob, lvl 15 haste aura is from huck as i did allocate the dutiful soldier passive. Also he grants some added lightning damage but i'm too lazy to add that as its bonus is not very big, smth around 100k bonus damage. Also huck can give some increased flask charges gain, but i'm too lazy to buy that so i just rolled it myself and went with the best outcome (aura and flask charges together are really hard to craft as they are suffixes and to get both you need either regal it and pray or chaos spam).
https://pobb.in/1ASn6eR2VqUC

Can't really calculate self damage for CWDT exactly unfortunately, since it depends on whether Vessel of Vinktar is up and enemies hitting us. That's strange, flame dash/curses shouldn't be able to spend energy shield. Only possibility would be Arcane Cloak breaking early, might be worth checking if you've got capped lightning resistence without Vessel of Vinktar since that could be causing this problem as well as the last one you mentioned. Should be totally find to use haste!
Hello,

I'd like to thank you for this well written guide and this wonderful build idea.

Here are a few things that I have noticed that may be bugged for some of them or that I'm too dumb to understand

- [EDIT] I've managed to commit suicide outside of the wildwood, I guess sometimes you can be unlucky [/EDIT]
you'll randomly commit suicide in the wildwood when you use flame dash. I have seen people talk about that in this thread but normally on my side I have a lot of spare mana to spend and the few times that it happens it is always in the wildwood at a time where I'm not in danger at all and I don't remember being low on energy shield and/or mana. And I find it weird that it is quite common in the wildwood and never happens in the map. (there is probably something that I don't understand yet)

- [EDIT] After further testing, it looks like vessel of vinktar is unable to shock any totem type monster, it includes plateau boss map, tiki totems and such [/EDIT]
It feels like the plateau map is bugged. The galvanic field never triggers on you or it takes ages. Even if you just triggered your vessel of vinktar and your arcane cloak triggered your galvanic field. I think I had temporal chain on me but it doesn't affect cooldowns so to me it feels like this curse is a buff because it allows me to have 100% uptime on the vessel of vinktar. While I think I understand that it makes the arcane cloak last longer and therefore make it a bit away from the perfect 4s cooldown that we would like to have for our galvanic field but it shouldn't have the impact that I have felt. I may run a bit more plateau map to understand it better. (never had this behavior on any other map so...)

I may have a lot of questions/suggestions regarding the following mapping context:

I'm running delirium + wildwood empowered maps with blight on them. Needless to say that monsters are quite beefy. Damage wise, I have no issue at all apart from a few exceptions. Defensive wise, oh my god that is harsh. Therefore I would like to know how you would do things and how I kind of managed to do them. Keep in mind that I don't like to spend money

1) chaos damages. In your PoB I don't see anything that will help you handle them. You won't be able to survive the wildwood and map mods that add chaos damage to enemies or make them poison you on hit.

Spoiler

a) how do you handle that?
b) on my side, I have added a third flask (coruscating elixir), My brutal restraint adds 10% increased flask charges gained on the Essence Extraction node, my belt have increased flask charge duration and reduced flask charge used and I have a charm that grants a flask charge every 3 seconds. According to PoB, the coruscating elixir grants me more chaos max hit than atziri's promise that I'm not able to have up 100% of the time even with all my investment. (I don't want to spend money and I have yet to find another charm that grants flask charge)

2) I do understand that for showcasing their build, people just run through the map without stopping for loot. In reality, I have to stop for the loot, I have to stop for Cassia, I have to stop in the wildwood to interact with things. On my side, I have noticed that I have a lot of downtime for the galvanic field. Sometimes I just have to manually trigger the vessel of vinktar because I have enough charges or I will have to wait up to 5 extra seconds before it automatically triggers. In which case it is not a problem if I'm paying attention to it. Sometimes I have the weird feeling that even if everything is up, galvanic field won't trigger.

Spoiler

a) Is it because I'm being unlucky with replica's reckless defense (I'm running two of them)
b) Should I opt for a 50% increased frequency storm secret? (i have a nice corrupted one). I don't see you using a 20% quality herald of thunder so I guess it is not mandatory. If I opt for a 20% qual herald of thunder I'll have more frequency than the one you are showcasing so I guess it should be good enough.
c) Is it kind of mandatory to play it like you've showcased it to avoid this situation?

3) Sometimes, I die. Portal is still at the beginning of the map. I have to walk across an empty field. When I finally reach again the combat area, I'm already dead from walking exhaustion. (arcane cloak is siphoning my energy shield).

Spoiler

a) Am I lacking some kind of energy shield recharge rate somewhere or do you also have to deal with it? If so, I guess I should just unbind arcane cloak from LMB until I'm close to the combat zone.

4) In your PoB, you take the elemental mastery to increase your exposure power. I have no clue from where it comes from.

Spoiler

a) Normally we aren't able to shock the hydrosphere unless I'm missing something
b) on my side I have replaced the cold snap gem with wave of conviction. I don't need frenzy charges while mapping and it is too unreliable to use vaal cold snap against bosses so I prefer wave of conviction (unless we do have an exposure mecanism that I have missed). Plus, while waiting for another flask charge per second charm, I have one that give me those frenzy charges)

5) I don't like the lack of defense of this build. I like its damages.

Spoiler

a) Don't you think it would be better to drop elemental weakness from the build to have an enfeeble on hit as a corrupted implicit on the shaper's touch gloves? They are chip, it shouldn't be too expensive to obtain.
b) If so, replace elemental weakness with frost shield gem (in your PoB you are running it but on my side this socket is taken by swift affliction to reduce arcane cloak duration)?
c) If so, should we swap a galvanic support gem for something like lightning penetration (on a side note, I still don't get why PoB is telling me that cruelty adds more damage than arcane surge support, sometimes I feel really dumb on this game that I play since open beta :D)

6) Have you considered galvanic field level 24 (break point to go from 15% more damage per 5% shock effect to 16%)? Is it a very high budget option with a +3 to level of all lightning spell skill gems staff or it is not worth it at all?

On my side here are the improvements that I am planning to do
Spoiler

- have corrupted blood immunity on a replica's reckless defence (should not be too expensive). I am still amazed by the fact that I have not died yet because of that
- bench craft ES or mana on my amulet and exalt slam it (the vision©)
- have a better version of my current belt (i just want to keep flask mods and attributes mods)
- find better boots

for those wondering, here is my current PoB
https://pobb.in/l00ypMAwoRZj
Last edited by tanguyvda on Jan 5, 2024, 10:19:29 AM
"
tanguyvda wrote:
Hello,

I'd like to thank you for this well written guide and this wonderful build idea.

Here are a few things that I have noticed that may be bugged for some of them or that I'm too dumb to understand

- [EDIT] I've managed to commit suicide outside of the wildwood, I guess sometimes you can be unlucky [/EDIT]
you'll randomly commit suicide in the wildwood when you use flame dash. I have seen people talk about that in this thread but normally on my side I have a lot of spare mana to spend and the few times that it happens it is always in the wildwood at a time where I'm not in danger at all and I don't remember being low on energy shield and/or mana. And I find it weird that it is quite common in the wildwood and never happens in the map. (there is probably something that I don't understand yet)

- [EDIT] After further testing, it looks like vessel of vinktar is unable to shock any totem type monster, it includes plateau boss map, tiki totems and such [/EDIT]
It feels like the plateau map is bugged. The galvanic field never triggers on you or it takes ages. Even if you just triggered your vessel of vinktar and your arcane cloak triggered your galvanic field. I think I had temporal chain on me but it doesn't affect cooldowns so to me it feels like this curse is a buff because it allows me to have 100% uptime on the vessel of vinktar. While I think I understand that it makes the arcane cloak last longer and therefore make it a bit away from the perfect 4s cooldown that we would like to have for our galvanic field but it shouldn't have the impact that I have felt. I may run a bit more plateau map to understand it better. (never had this behavior on any other map so...)

I may have a lot of questions/suggestions regarding the following mapping context:

I'm running delirium + wildwood empowered maps with blight on them. Needless to say that monsters are quite beefy. Damage wise, I have no issue at all apart from a few exceptions. Defensive wise, oh my god that is harsh. Therefore I would like to know how you would do things and how I kind of managed to do them. Keep in mind that I don't like to spend money

1) chaos damages. In your PoB I don't see anything that will help you handle them. You won't be able to survive the wildwood and map mods that add chaos damage to enemies or make them poison you on hit.

Spoiler

a) how do you handle that?
b) on my side, I have added a third flask (coruscating elixir), My brutal restraint adds 10% increased flask charges gained on the Essence Extraction node, my belt have increased flask charge duration and reduced flask charge used and I have a charm that grants a flask charge every 3 seconds. According to PoB, the coruscating elixir grants me more chaos max hit than atziri's promise that I'm not able to have up 100% of the time even with all my investment. (I don't want to spend money and I have yet to find another charm that grants flask charge)

2) I do understand that for showcasing their build, people just run through the map without stopping for loot. In reality, I have to stop for the loot, I have to stop for Cassia, I have to stop in the wildwood to interact with things. On my side, I have noticed that I have a lot of downtime for the galvanic field. Sometimes I just have to manually trigger the vessel of vinktar because I have enough charges or I will have to wait up to 5 extra seconds before it automatically triggers. In which case it is not a problem if I'm paying attention to it. Sometimes I have the weird feeling that even if everything is up, galvanic field won't trigger.

Spoiler

a) Is it because I'm being unlucky with replica's reckless defense (I'm running two of them)
b) Should I opt for a 50% increased frequency storm secret? (i have a nice corrupted one). I don't see you using a 20% quality herald of thunder so I guess it is not mandatory. If I opt for a 20% qual herald of thunder I'll have more frequency than the one you are showcasing so I guess it should be good enough.
c) Is it kind of mandatory to play it like you've showcased it to avoid this situation?

3) Sometimes, I die. Portal is still at the beginning of the map. I have to walk across an empty field. When I finally reach again the combat area, I'm already dead from walking exhaustion. (arcane cloak is siphoning my energy shield).

Spoiler

a) Am I lacking some kind of energy shield recharge rate somewhere or do you also have to deal with it? If so, I guess I should just unbind arcane cloak from LMB until I'm close to the combat zone.

4) In your PoB, you take the elemental mastery to increase your exposure power. I have no clue from where it comes from.

Spoiler

a) Normally we aren't able to shock the hydrosphere unless I'm missing something
b) on my side I have replaced the cold snap gem with wave of conviction. I don't need frenzy charges while mapping and it is too unreliable to use vaal cold snap against bosses so I prefer wave of conviction (unless we do have an exposure mecanism that I have missed). Plus, while waiting for another flask charge per second charm, I have one that give me those frenzy charges)

5) I don't like the lack of defense of this build. I like its damages.

Spoiler

a) Don't you think it would be better to drop elemental weakness from the build to have an enfeeble on hit as a corrupted implicit on the shaper's touch gloves? They are chip, it shouldn't be too expensive to obtain.
b) If so, replace elemental weakness with frost shield gem (in your PoB you are running it but on my side this socket is taken by swift affliction to reduce arcane cloak duration)?
c) If so, should we swap a galvanic support gem for something like lightning penetration (on a side note, I still don't get why PoB is telling me that cruelty adds more damage than arcane surge support, sometimes I feel really dumb on this game that I play since open beta :D)

6) Have you considered galvanic field level 24 (break point to go from 15% more damage per 5% shock effect to 16%)? Is it a very high budget option with a +3 to level of all lightning spell skill gems staff or it is not worth it at all?

On my side here are the improvements that I am planning to do
Spoiler

- have corrupted blood immunity on a replica's reckless defence (should not be too expensive). I am still amazed by the fact that I have not died yet because of that
- bench craft ES or mana on my amulet and exalt slam it (the vision©)
- have a better version of my current belt (i just want to keep flask mods and attributes mods)
- find better boots

for those wondering, here is my current PoB
https://pobb.in/l00ypMAwoRZj

Glad you enjoyed it! Flame dash killing you is probably due to having too low a level of cast when damage taken, happened to me a bunch when I was testing the build before I raised its level to ~10. The totem thing is super weird, just tested and confirmed it and no idea why vessel of vinktar refuses to shock totems, shouldn't be a problem during gameplay though.

1. Chaos damage still has to go through our mana (~6k) and I've generally found that to be enough to not die more than once every 10 or so maps. Coruscating elixr is definitely the best solution to solving those deaths, though I do worry about your uptime on Vessel of Vinktar and I think that might be a contributing factor to some of the other issues you run into. If you do want to keep coruscating elixr I'd swap your anoint to Natural Remedies or Careful Conservationist (not sure which is better) and try to pick up a Brutal Restraint with another 10% increased flask charges gained.

2. This is because you're adding coruscating elixr, unfortunately adding a third flask makes Vessel of Vinktar miss one more breakpoint (adding 5 seconds of downtime). See previous point for how to fix or drop coruscating elixr. Definitely get a 50% storm secret, if you want the corruption it shouldn't be very expensive to corrupt yourself (probably will be a bit annoying with all the trades though). Quality on Herald of Thunder also gives activation frequency, so might be worth qualitying it too.

3. I just bind walk to another key (space bar in my case) and use it to move until I get back to near where I died.

4. Hydrosphere doesn't need to be shocked to apply lightning exposure (being shocked just converts its damage)

5. Totally fair, tradeoff between damage and defense is really content/individual dependent and this build definitely leans heavy towards damage. Swapping to elemental weakness to enfeeble on hit would definitely work and I've also found allocating Wellspring of Creation on atlas tree is a great way to improve defense since we have more than enough damage. Can add frost shield, but honestly not really that useful until we go critical strike with the forbidden flame/flesh.

Definitely seem like good upgrades! I'd just think about swapping the anoint to Natural Remedies or Careful Conservationist if you want to keep coruscating elixir.
Last edited by Juminoh on Jan 5, 2024, 10:20:27 PM
Hey there, thanks for this build it has been a *BLAST* playing it.

However I wanted to ask if you have some easy crafting methods for the various upgrades.

I am asking because I can't afford any mistakes and sub-optimal approaches to crafting as on console the marketplace is kinda dead and overpriced.

So any special techniques for better success would be lovely!
Anyone have issues killing them I recommend switching to your off hand when not in combat. This helps me not die. Just remember to switch back.
"
Oo-Zurial wrote:
Hey there, thanks for this build it has been a *BLAST* playing it.

However I wanted to ask if you have some easy crafting methods for the various upgrades.

I am asking because I can't afford any mistakes and sub-optimal approaches to crafting as on console the marketplace is kinda dead and overpriced.

So any special techniques for better success would be lovely!

Rog is a really good option for the ring, boots and belt. Crafting a better staff is probably going to be expensive though, since to upgrade you're probably going to want to use an influenced base.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info