[3.24] Ivory Tower attribute stacking LL Ice Spear CoC Inquisitor

"
Hero9211 wrote:
Hey, This build is pretty awesome so far but Im startin to hit a wall on some bosses, Im not rich but would you be able to point me in a good direction for upgrades?
https://pobb.in/UjgNprF-ZEPB

Get more attributes. They are extremely powerful on this build.
- If you can not afford influenced belt, obtain better Cyclopeian Coil roll (max with Catalysts is 18%). And use Blessed Orbs.
- If you can not afford Greatwolf, get better Astramentis.
- Your second ring has only 5 mods. It has space for mana cost craft.
- Get better flasks. You don't even have a resistance suffix and such mod would free entirely your rare jewel. You can also use +6% resistance Tattoos.
- Your Grace aura is useless because the build allocates Unwavering Stance. You need Iron Reflexes to turn this into Armour.
- Your least useful tree passives: Faith and Steel, Light of Divinity, Holy Domition (change them to jewel sockets or Iron Reflexes + Golem's Blood).
- Quality Faster Attacks to make Leap Slam faster.
- Quality your gloves (Tainted Armourer's Scrap).
- Potentially Exalt your Abyss jewel.

And lastly: level. Get more experience. This build really scales with the tree and you still have 6 passives to obtain. You can exp basically for free with the new Domination scarab strategy.
IGN: Free_hugging
I am usually online at GMT+1 evening times.

Generate filters using poe.ninja data using my item filter tool: https://github.com/Xeverous/filter_spirit
sadly the build has too many weakness and doesnt shine in any area. it is definitely a fun build though.
This build shines at several things if you make the right investments, the version Xeverous recommends is signficantly cheaper but with distinctly less damage, the full version running glimpse of chaos, normal ice spear and nimis is one of the best uber boss bullying builds in the game, essentially every uber except exarch, sirus and maven is rendered nonthreatening and even those ubers are entirely doable, just expect to die a few times and the build is also very good at doing juiced 100% delirious maps, its just not super fast at them.
I have no idea what i'm doing wrong, I have no resists.
Two things, arrogance support a 21/20 purity of elements, which should get you a bunch of resists and run a balbala brutal restraint for traitor with three ele resist flasks including coruscating and a 20 resist suffx on one of them, you also need to pick up some resist on the tree with the flask resist nerfs, theres a few good nodes near templar and on the traversal over to pain attunement, Glimpse of chaos may also no longer be workable without mageblood + searing purity or legacy flasks given how much it gimps your resists.
Just reached level 98 with this build and still love it.

I'm not sure what the most obvious upgrades are for me now. I could use better rings I guess but could someone take a quick look and see if I am missing obvious upgrades? I have 35 Divines to spend. Not sure if I have enough strength and intelligence to get an eyes of the greatwolf.

I also noticed that most are using the mana cost reduction on the rings but I am not using it and don't seem to need it. I have 240 unreserved mana which allows me to keep spinning and cutting through mob packs just fine.

Also wanted to say that being able to fit in Grace was a huge boost to armor. Junped up from 13k to 48k. I took the path to the major node "Influence" in the top right area and that boosted my armor to 56k as well as ES and all res etc.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
Post your PoB for more specific advice but it sounds like you're on the IR version still, the big upgrade is the transition over to the glimpse of chaos 12/35 cluster version which has a lot more raw stats but depending on the exact numbers may not be workable in league anymore due its reliance on flasks to finish capping its resists (you need to take the practical application nodes and run a 40% resists flask on top of triple ele flasks to cap resists with glimpse) but the glimpse version is about 20% more damage if you anoint tranquility, theres also the chase FFF for sanctuary of thought, which tends to be a big chunk of extra es and a lot of help on mana costs but usually costs about as much as an MB. After that there is the transition from stampede to tailwind cdr boots and aiming for the 10.1 breakpoint, which is incredibly difficult to achieve without a mageblood.
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
Just reached level 98 with this build and still love it.

I'm not sure what the most obvious upgrades are for me now. I could use better rings I guess but could someone take a quick look and see if I am missing obvious upgrades? I have 35 Divines to spend. Not sure if I have enough strength and intelligence to get an eyes of the greatwolf.

I also noticed that most are using the mana cost reduction on the rings but I am not using it and don't seem to need it. I have 240 unreserved mana which allows me to keep spinning and cutting through mob packs just fine.

Also wanted to say that being able to fit in Grace was a huge boost to armor. Junped up from 13k to 48k. I took the path to the major node "Influence" in the top right area and that boosted my armor to 56k as well as ES and all res etc.

Your tree is inefficient:

- You start with strength nodes to Sanctity, not int nodes to Retribution
- One of your Split Personality Jewels could be much further (place large jewel in the socket near EB)
- Some of the passives aren't worth that much (Influence, Holy Domition, Light of Divinity, +50 life mastery)
- Base Jewels (% Life + Crit Multi) are much better than Abyss Jewels (# Life + attributes)

You have 1079 str and 1089 int + low accuracy. You cap crit only through implicit on Gloves. Ideally these should have +1 Level implicit to boost Enhance which boosts Energy Blade. You will cap crit and accuracy at ~1400 attributes. This will also give you way more ES.

Later, if you obtain more reservation (2 of: Enlighten 4, implicit on Helmet, Mana Mastery) - add Zealotry. Currently you miss 1 big aura.

Greatwolf becomes good at ~1100 attributes which should be fine if you optimize Split Personality placement - likely the biggest change for you is to respec weak passives, get Large-8 cluster (with small node mod for dex/all attr) and place Splits there.
IGN: Free_hugging
I am usually online at GMT+1 evening times.

Generate filters using poe.ninja data using my item filter tool: https://github.com/Xeverous/filter_spirit
Last edited by Xeverous on Apr 23, 2024, 4:31:24 PM
"
Xeverous wrote:

Your tree is inefficient:

- You start with strength nodes to Sanctity, not int nodes to Retribution
- One of your Split Personality Jewels could be much further (place large jewel in the socket near EB)
- Some of the passives aren't worth that much (Influence, Holy Domition, Light of Divinity, +50 life mastery)
- Base Jewels (% Life + Crit Multi) are much better than Abyss Jewels (# Life + attributes)

You have 1079 str and 1089 int + low accuracy. You cap crit only through implicit on Gloves. Ideally these should have +1 Level implicit to boost Enhance which boosts Energy Blade. You will cap crit and accuracy at ~1400 attributes. This will also give you way more ES.

Later, if you obtain more reservation (2 of: Enlighten 4, implicit on Helmet, Mana Mastery) - add Zealotry. Currently you miss 1 big aura.

Greatwolf becomes good at ~1100 attributes which should be fine if you optimize Split Personality placement - likely the biggest change for you is to respec weak passives, get Large-8 cluster (with small node mod for dex/all attr) and place Splits there.

Thanks a lot for your feedback! Really appreciate it.
Have some questions / remarks:

"You start with strength nodes to Sanctity, not int nodes to Retribution"
>> Right now Str and Int are fairly balanced which is needed for the Righteous Providence Ascendancy right?. If I go the other route str will go down and int will go up so the lowest of the 2 will be further apart. They are both 4 small nodes so not sure how the int route would improve things.

"One of your Split Personality Jewels could be much further"
>> Yeah that would be a good improvement. I see your cluster jewel but do those passives (sadist and snowstorm) do anything or are they just there for no reason and it's more about the slots for the split personality?

"Some of the passives aren't worth that much"
>> I thought 50 life gives a nice boost to everything? We are stacking increased life and increased life % right? Will look at the other passives as well.

"Base Jewels (% Life + Crit Multi) are much better than Abyss Jewels"
>> Will look for those. Makes sense that with high crit chance having more crit mp scales very well.

"You will cap crit and accuracy at ~1400 attributes"
>> Still a long way from there being around 1080-ish on both stats. I think a good stygian with raw str and int as well as 14% increased stats will give a big boost. Was searching for one but prices range from 20D to 170D so hoping for a good deal. I guess the other big boost would be the boots with raw str and int?

"Currently you miss 1 big aura"
>> I am using all, including Zealotry. I'm not missing one as far as I can see?? I have a lvl4 enlighten.

You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
Zealots oath is entirely not worth it, this build has absurd amounts of leech because it hits so many times that you get significantly more than the normal leech cap in instant leech. You are missing wrath which is outright a larger damage multiplier than zealotry to begin with, drop determination for it unless you're going to put together a guardian's blessing setup for determination, which would eat 2 extra links and require running a golem that you resummon regularly given the absence of the autoresummoning spectre. Additionally you need a cluster for split locations, you neither need nor want any notables on the cluster, what you want is a 12/25 or 12/35 with strength and int and life, deallocate all the 30 str nodes to get the points to use them. The next upgrade for you is definitely a str/int/%attri hunter stygian, that is a massive bonus over even a perfect cyclopean. Eventually you should consider transitioning off of the IR version into the raw stat stacker variant, its significantly more fragile to small hits but its actually tougher vs the really big ones due to having a notably larger es pool (15k if you can get a glimpse and still cap your resists).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info