[3.24] Ivory Tower attribute stacking LL Ice Spear CoC Inquisitor

"
good luck getting your hands on an ivory tower.
i usually only get the shit tier ilvl 15 uniques and low tier currency for the first week.

After first few days of the Ancestor league I had ~300 fuses (among other currency). Wanted to link Ivory Tower so I started buying them for ~10-20c, 6s-ing them and selling them for ~80-100c when 5L happened. I reached 6L on 24th attempt, which was 2805 fuses in total. But I didn't lose money, the 5Ls actually made a small profit.

IGN: Free_hugging
I am usually online at GMT+1 evening times.

Generate filters using poe.ninja data using my item filter tool: https://github.com/Xeverous/filter_spirit
"
esseyekay wrote:
Opinion on the new trans ice spear gem?

It has much higher base damage, but we don't really care. Energy Blade base is huge compared to the gem.

Generally, I think the answer is no. The splitting version changes interaction with GMP and I'm not sure how it will interact with Nimis. Also, split doesn't work well for single target (the description is worded in a way that suggests it requires targets to function).

Generate filters using poe.ninja data using my item filter tool: https://github.com/Xeverous/filter_spirit
Last edited by Xeverous on Dec 5, 2023, 6:23:46 PM
"
Xeverous wrote:
"
Fenris1970 wrote:
Good information here, thank you for the guide. I am thinking about self cast leveling with energy blade until I have enough crit to swap to CoC.

What would you self-cast then? What would be your setup? Haven't tried self-cast Battlemage so I would rather go a known route with generic Brand Hierophant first.

I wanted to go with Battlemage and Spellblade support with Arma Brand or Firestorm and high damage main hand rare weapon. CaptainLance9 just put up a video on youtube about how to league start and swap to coc.
finally someone made a guide for it
Is this build vulnerable to physical damage?

I enabled this build in TOTA league but did not finish it. Had mix of good items (like Nimis, 2x split personality, 6L Ivory Tower) with some medicore ones like crapy rare ring or eye amulet with 1 good and 1 pretty weak mod.

I had fun playing it but I was getting oneshoots from time to time.

Now considering starting with some totems and moving later to this but not sure if I can solve those oneshoots and I don't like daying too often even in SC.
"
Asag wrote:
Is this build vulnerable to physical damage?

I enabled this build in TOTA league but did not finish it. Had mix of good items (like Nimis, 2x split personality, 6L Ivory Tower) with some medicore ones like crapy rare ring or eye amulet with 1 good and 1 pretty weak mod.

I had fun playing it but I was getting oneshoots from time to time.

Now considering starting with some totems and moving later to this but not sure if I can solve those oneshoots and I don't like daying too often even in SC.

There are 2 major weaknesses:
- physical damage
- chaos damage

Chaos has very few options, ultimately you rely on (all or most of): Pantheon + ring implicits + Watcher's Eye mod (Purity of Elements) + some regen with Zealot's Oath. Flask is not an option as Amethyst base is too charge-expensive.

Physical: previously the goto strategy was Forbidden Flesh/Flame but after 3.22 hammer-nerfed Radianth Faith (160% life => 25% mana as extra Armour) you no longer have "1 powerful source for entire issue" kind of solution.

Personally I recommend this:
- invest few points into Iron Reflexes (also grab Golem's Blood and ZO)
- run Grace and Determination

This way you end up with 50k+ Armour. You devote to a lot to mitigate phys this way but I don't know anything better for this build. The big benefit of this solution is that you can still use Forbidden Flesh/Flame and take Sanctuary of Thought for huge damage and mana sustain boost (and mana cost is a big pressure on this build).

Hey,

I wanted to try and build this out. I got lucky and got a Doctor card from a stacked deck to fund it.

I'm having an issue, not sure if it's my crit%, hit% or what aps? No ice spears are coming out from the awakened CoC.

I literally just spin around with cyclone and no ice spears are coming out.

Any guidance would be apprecaited.
"
magicspoon wrote:
Hey,

I wanted to try and build this out. I got lucky and got a Doctor card from a stacked deck to fund it.

I'm having an issue, not sure if it's my crit%, hit% or what aps? No ice spears are coming out from the awakened CoC.

I literally just spin around with cyclone and no ice spears are coming out.

Any guidance would be apprecaited.

Looking at your character, I think you simply lack mana. You have 6L Ivory Tower, 2x mana cost ring and noting more to reduce the cost - do you have enough unreserved mana and mana regen?

Also, you have incorrectly placed Split Personality in your tree - it's quite close from the start and additionally you merged the tree from Witch site with starting points, severly shortening the bonus from longest path.

"
Looking at your character, I think you simply lack mana. You have 6L Ivory Tower, 2x mana cost ring and noting more to reduce the cost - do you have enough unreserved mana and mana regen?

Also, you have incorrectly placed Split Personality in your tree - it's quite close from the start and additionally you merged the tree from Witch site with starting points, severly shortening the bonus from longest path.

Thank you for the quick reply.

I'm aware of the split personality, waiting for some more levels to work my way up the tree top right.

I currently have 32 Mana unreserved. Do i need more? Where should i get more mana from.

Thanks
So it was the mana as you suggested, I took off grace to run a test and ice spears are coming out now. Still seems like only a few are coming out though, is that because I only have lvl 1 awakened cast on crit with 10% cooldown recovery? Does it need lvl 3 to do way more procs?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info