time for 20% death penalty

I think we are talking around the same point there I was saying the same thing just in less detail :p linear vs exponential power creep is still just too much power creep. I'm not saying they shouldn't have any, i'm saying they shouldn't have fistfuls which is what we've been getting recently.

They also have had some very strong leagues without major power creep like take Sentinel for example, would have been extremely popular even without recombinators and they were really the only creep (the rest was just loot acquisition time)

Meanwhile Crucible and our current mega tattoos are huge power creep.

It has to be very carefuly meted out and sometimes it needs redressing, they haven't done this though but I suspect that is why PoE2 is going straight in for fresh start.

On HC player DPS is much more constrained between a few values which is why I think the experience is better overall. Soon as you remove RIP out of the balance toolbox its just real difficult to curtail players from jumping straight in for the billion dps.
Bump! GGG why you still didn't fix this, game need 20% exp penalty for 3.23!
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
"
Nomancs wrote:

Brainstorm idea! Let penalty be 1% per completed challenge :)
"
Echothesis wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:

That's a great idea actually unlike the OP. Maybe add some bonus after 30 challenges like an extra 50% xp loss and you can lose levels from then on. Would make all the wannabe l33ts happy while not affecting normal players all that much.
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
"
Echothesis wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:

That's a great idea actually unlike the OP. Maybe add some bonus after 30 challenges like an extra 50% xp loss and you can lose levels from then on. Would make all the wannabe l33ts happy while not affecting normal players all that much.

This might actually make me care about challenge completion, so it's not the worst idea I've seen in this forum today
guys that is an F tier idea and you know it
"
Nomancs wrote:
We need 20% exp penalty.

And who are these mysterious "we" - like "We, King Arthur teh Graet"?

Personally I'm perfectly okay with the current 10%, and i guess many other players too.

Oh, and if trade standard is too easy (it is), try hardcore SSF or even ruthless :3
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019
Last edited by dW2005 on Oct 10, 2023, 5:19:15 AM
"
dW2005 wrote:

Oh, and if trade standard is too easy (it is), try hardcore SSF or even ruthless :3

Since when hardcore or ruthless are 20%?
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
an increased death penalty said by someone who endured the grind and wants to make the experience worse for others
sounds very egoistic
"
dW2005 wrote:
And who are these mysterious "we" - like "We, King Arthur teh Graet"?

Personally I'm perfectly okay with the current 10%, and i guess many other players too.

guy is too affraid to go and play a harder mode
he wants everyone to have a worse experience because its to ez for him :D

lets ban cars because i dont drive one xD
"There are Penalties in the Game, no one's complaining about them"
Chris Wilson Exilecon 2019
Last edited by Wladicorist1 on Oct 10, 2023, 6:40:38 AM
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
guys that is an F tier idea and you know it

I mean yeah the idea is essentially trolling but then again, same can be said for this entire topic.

If OP and his few supporters had any actual interest in making their gaming experience more challenging or slowing down their progression they could play HC, or SSF or ruthless or any combination of the 3 to get exactly that.

But to everyones surprise, not a single one of them is doing that. OP is playing PSN SRS in SC trade, that's like playing easy mode with cheat codes active and then complains that the game is too easy and progression is too fast ... wuhuu who would have thought. [Removed by Support].
Last edited by Tai_GGG on Oct 10, 2023, 8:35:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info