time for 20% death penalty

"
y3lw0rC wrote:

The opinion to increase xp penalty is barely popular, so make ur own calculations how likely it is to happen.

Anyways, good luck with ur desires.

If popular choices would be taken into consideration, game would have item editor. GGG will make choices they consider healthy for the game, in my opinion -20% exp is healthy.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
"
Nomancs wrote:
"
y3lw0rC wrote:

The opinion to increase xp penalty is barely popular, so make ur own calculations how likely it is to happen.

Anyways, good luck with ur desires.

If popular choices would be taken into consideration, game would have item editor. GGG will make choices they consider healthy for the game, in my opinion -20% exp is healthy.

Well, if they don't even really care about popular opinions, then unpopular ones are completely in the gutter.

In any case, they have more important sh*t to do than randomly drop a 20% penalty out of nowhere because Nomacs dreams of it and which would most likely cause another outrage. Again, your opinion, OK cool. I don't share it. Sorry. Good luck though.
Stupid PoE2 Particle System Patch...

New mute system is another hot garbage.
Last edited by y3lw0rC on Oct 11, 2023, 6:55:51 AM
10% is a fair enough death penalty for SC leagues. No need for a higher one.

😹😹😹😹😹
I do not and will not use TFT.
Gaming Granny :D
🐢🐢🐢🪲🪲🪲
Maybe they don't or maybe they will consider it as good idea. Gonna take my chances and, despite you don't share it - I am and I will on forum with hope GGG will implement it.
Overall increasing exp penalty to 20% could encourage people to get some defenses. There are plenty of reasons why game would benefit from it. Maybe people will start learning about the game, to know what killed them (instead of blaming it on "unfair" game) - that would be a great benefit.

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Last edited by Nomancs on Oct 11, 2023, 6:59:48 AM
Nope, there aren't many reasons why the game would benefit from it. In fact, it might not benefit at all. Players might say screw this 2nd job of and quit, and that would be a very bad outcome for GGG.

There is already more than enough nerfs and bullying going on from GGG's side almost every xpac not to mention the penalty is already present here.

So to talk about benefits, we would need to see the outcome of that first, but that's a very slippery slope.

On the other hand, somebody suggested to make 1% additional XP penalty per challenge completed :))) You could enjoy that I guess, BOOM -50% XP.

Last edited by y3lw0rC on Oct 11, 2023, 7:31:26 AM
"
y3lw0rC wrote:
Nope, there aren't many reasons why the game would benefit from it. In fact, it might not benefit at all. Players might say screw this 2nd job of and quit, and that would be a very bad outcome for GGG.

There is already more than enough nerfs and bullying going on from GGG's side almost every xpac not to mention the penalty is already present here.

So to talk about benefits, we would need to see the outcome of that first, but that's a very slippery slope.

On the other hand, somebody suggested to make 1% additional XP penalty per challenge completed :))) You could enjoy that I guess, BOOM -50% XP.

Enough nerfs? We live in golden power creep era, we used to have stronger nerfs years ago, and GGG should go back to it to keep power creep at bay. Game is easier than ever.

Issue with 1% penalty per challenge wouldn't affect standard, so I doubt it have any chance to get implemented and it wouldn't really work other than leveling alt toons after getting challenges. That would have to be flat -10 at finishing A5 and -20% since finishing A10.

So now you want to ruin the game for standard players as well when you don't even play that mode? Worst idea ever.
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
So now you want to ruin the game for standard players as well when you don't even play that mode? Worst idea ever.

exp penalty is global, not local. ofc it will affect everyone, thats the point - to encourage using defenses globally.

Ok let me put this in bold since you seem to have missed the point.

This is an absolutely horrible garbage idea that 99,9% of the player base DO NOT want and that will MASSIVELY hurt the game by ailienating all those players just to satisfy a few guys with too much free time. Just stop. It's bad, really bad, nobody wants it.

Even if the 1% per challenge isn't exactly a great idea, it's still better than this one by leaps and bounds. At least it that way people have a bit of a choice on the matter instead of being forced into this bullshit.
Last edited by Baharoth15 on Oct 11, 2023, 8:23:40 AM
"
Nomancs wrote:
"
y3lw0rC wrote:

Enough nerfs? We live in golden power creep era, we used to have stronger nerfs years ago, and GGG should go back to it to keep power creep at bay. Game is easier than ever.

Issue with 1% penalty per challenge wouldn't affect standard, so I doubt it have any chance to get implemented and it wouldn't really work other than leveling alt toons after getting challenges. That would have to be flat -10 at finishing A5 and -20% since finishing A10.

Not sure that it is easier than ever but it is definitely easier for those who copy builds or have vast knowledge of the game.

New players are completely swarmed and u want to add 20% penalty on top of that.
It's literally a 2nd job for ppl who don't have much time to play. So again, I won't agree with you that the game is easy and that NOW for some reason it is easier than ever.

Enough to see how ppl die in current league and get one shot in those ancestors or whatever, which might be overtuned. Don't play this league cause don't find it interesting so don't know much, but heard and read a very mixed bag of opinions. Not all of the builds are complete glass cannons it seems.

Global -20% would piss more people off than would make happy and that would be across the board both standard and league. You don't want to piss your players off, that's a fact.

Also, the idea of -1% per challenge is irrelevant cause it most likely was a joke post anyways.

Last edited by y3lw0rC on Oct 11, 2023, 9:10:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info